Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Legendary military columnist, author Bob Dorr dies at 76

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't post much, but wanted to point out Robert F. Dorr and his work are getting another round of attention thanks to his investigation by the FBI as a kid-which is awesome. Count me as another one who was glad he came by here
    http://paleofuture.gizmodo.com/us-di...aus-1793554752

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    I don't post much, but wanted to point out Robert F. Dorr and his work are getting another round of attention thanks to his investigation by the FBI as a kid-which is awesome. Count me as another one who was glad he came by here
    http://paleofuture.gizmodo.com/us-di...aus-1793554752
    Wow, that was a great story, RIP Robert F. Dorr.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It was an honor and privilege to have had the chance to speak with Mr. Door. He will be missed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    RIP Robert Dorr

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I enjoyed having Mr. Dorr here in the forum. I remember his Times articles for many years.

A few months ago, I finally got around to reading his book, "Mission to Berlin", which he sent me for free following some kind of contest here in the forum that I don't recall. I think he was looking for article topics or something.

Anyway, the book was pretty good. It had some good stories on Airmen participating in the mission and was more of a human story than a war story. He'd arranged it topically rather than chronologically, so it was a little repetitive as he covered the same events several times and he gets a little lost going on and on about range, payload, specs of the various aircraft, but I think that sort of thing interests him....nevertheless, you could tell from his tone the love and admiration he had for the Airmen. It was great that he got this story published.
    The Voice of Reason