Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Captain America sexuality

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    Yeah ... my subscription box at Third Eye Comics is getting a big increase for the next two months to see if I like the new continuity.
    I'm looking forward to all of the different Batman stuff...especially "All-Star Batman". Sounds like a cool premise.

I don't think I'll do Green Arrow or either of the Green Lantern books.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Yeah ... my subscription box at Third Eye Comics is getting a big increase for the next two months to see if I like the new continuity.
    I wish I lived in an area with a big comic book store. We have a couple small ones here that serve a purpose, but small town stores don't get the variants as often because they don't have big enough orders. I use Midtown when necessary, but it would be nice to have a big brick and mortar store.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    I'm looking forward to all of the different Batman stuff...especially "All-Star Batman". Sounds like a cool premise.

I don't think I'll do Green Arrow or either of the Green Lantern books.
    Did you read Batman Year One?
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wish I lived in an area with a big comic book store. We have a couple small ones here that serve a purpose, but small town stores don't get the variants as often because they don't have big enough orders. I use Midtown when necessary, but it would be nice to have a big brick and mortar store.
    My store supports guys all over (they ship subscriptions etc) ... if you want their info let me know.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Did you read Batman Year One?
    Yep...and I know they did the animated movie but I'd love them to do the next Batfleck movie on that storyline.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    My store supports guys all over (they ship subscriptions etc) ... if you want their info let me know.
    Nah...that's alright. I've got sites I order from when necessary. Thanks, though.

Oh...and just picked up Rebirth at lunch...getting ready to read it now.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sparks82 View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/marvel-ed...120025758.html

Speaking of Captain America - I'm not an avid comic book reader but I saw this article today.

"Sure, he wears red white and blue on the outside, but on the inside? It turns out Steve Rogers, a.k.a. Captain America, supports the evil, former Nazi organization, Hydra."
    Well...looks like this is a real thing. I'm honestly shocked...I don't know if I'll take a look at it or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nah...that's alright. I've got sites I order from when necessary. Thanks, though.

Oh...and just picked up Rebirth at lunch...getting ready to read it now.
    I am getting it tomorrow ... no spoilers

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I am getting it tomorrow ... no spoilers
    Don't worry. I won't. I'm really impressed with how DC is finishing off this New 52 series. If they'd taken this much time with it from the beginning it would have been very successful.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    http://abc13.com/entertainment/-give...paign/1354395/

I realize this isn't something Marvel is looking at, but if they were even going to entertain this idea, I'd give up. I don't understand the obsession. Especially since there are already several gay characters in the comic universe.
    The obsession is the LGBTQ community wants to force all groups to not just recognize/tolerate, but actually accept and celebrate their lifestyle...
    They do this by forcing more and more groups to have an established masculine/feminine character become gay/lesbian/bi.

Not that I WANT that, but we all know fully well that the ONLY reason they want Steve Rogers to be gay is because he's the rugged alpha male of the group, and they want nothing more than to fuck that up.
    Exactly Rusty. They would rather irk off established fans by forcing hte Comics/films to retool a main masculine figure into being gay, than come up with a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHeart View Post
    Yeah, Ultimate Colossus is gay. He commented on Angel to Nightcrawler and Kurt had moral hissy fit. It was a pretty well done plot line, for the time.

I agree. I'd like to see a more prominent character, who happens to be gay, but PLEASE don't retcon established characters for the purpose. It's pandering and the LGBT comic geeks don't need it, thank you very much.
    Actually i would rather NOT do either of those.. It just would seem to me like both options would only be getting done to appease the LGBTQ lobby. Not for any actual practical reason

If Marvel takes this route (which, again, I'm highly doubting it's anything more than a stunt) then they are going to lose readers.

I've never been a Captain America fan, but he is what he is. He's the boy scout who always does the right thing. A change to that is basically wiping 75 years of his character away.
    We can hope its only a hoax/stunt, but if they DO decide to cave in i know a heck of a lot of comic fans who will immediately dump marvel..