Thread: This Child's Babysitter Abused Him But Won't Be Charged For the Craziest Reason

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

This Child's Babysitter Abused Him But Won't Be Charged For the Craziest Reason

http://www.redbookmag.com/life/news/...bysitter-case/

"The sitter admitted to abusing Jacob, but the sitter can't be prosecuted due to a ruling in Oregon that states the victim has to be able to definitively prove that the mistreatment was intentional, which is difficult to do when the victim is a baby who can't speak."

I'm just curious as to what others might do if this was your child. I can't seem to find the actual law about this but it seems pretty ridiculous that someone can attack a baby, bruise the crap out of him, admit to it and not get charged or punished at all.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Well, you can always go after her civilly.. Make it to where she never again can work with kids!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sparks82 View Post
    http://www.redbookmag.com/life/news/...bysitter-case/I'm just curious as to what others might do if this was your child. I can't seem to find the actual law about this but it seems pretty ridiculous that someone can attack a baby, bruise the crap out of him, admit to it and not get charged or punished at all.
    So if you physically harm an adult to the point where they can't speak, will they let you off in that situation too? Because if so, I've got some ideas.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    Well, you can always go after her civilly.. Make it to where she never again can work with kids!
    The babysitter was a male teenager I believe the story says.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    So if you physically harm an adult to the point where they can't speak, will they let you off in that situation too? Because if so, I've got some ideas.
    This just gave me a sad. I used to work on a psych unit with geriatric patients. Abuse was a major concern because some of the residents were nonverbal.... there goes my feels.
    HM2

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sparks82 View Post
    The babysitter was a male teenager I believe the story says.
    He never fully reads articles.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    He never fully reads articles.
    Sometimes i do. others i don't and just read the main thrust or the quoted text.