Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are we ready for a gay Disney princess? We may be closer than you think.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Are we ready for a gay Disney princess? We may be closer than you think.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...2df_story.html
    The antelopes next door were gay — maybe.

For viewers of the animated Disney hit “Zootopia,” it’s been a bit of a guessing game. In an early scene, rookie rabbit police officer Judy moves into her new apartment and meets her new neighbors. Bucky and Pronk are both antelopes and both men, who live together and bicker like a married couple. But . . . were they?

The answer, available to sharp-eyed movie fans, comes in the closing credits: Bucky and Pronk share a last name, Oryx-Antlerson.

While gay and lesbian characters are standard players in movies and TV shows for adults, they remain a fleeting or barely acknowledged presence in children’s entertainment.

Last week, a campaign to change this caught fire on Twitter, under the hashtag #GiveElsaAGirlfriend — a plea to Disney to make one half of its beloved princess duo a lesbian in the forthcoming sequel to its 2013 animated blockbuster “Frozen.”

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sparks82 View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...2df_story.html
    The antelopes next door were gay — maybe.

For viewers of the animated Disney hit “Zootopia,” it’s been a bit of a guessing game. In an early scene, rookie rabbit police officer Judy moves into her new apartment and meets her new neighbors. Bucky and Pronk are both antelopes and both men, who live together and bicker like a married couple. But . . . were they?

The answer, available to sharp-eyed movie fans, comes in the closing credits: Bucky and Pronk share a last name, Oryx-Antlerson.

While gay and lesbian characters are standard players in movies and TV shows for adults, they remain a fleeting or barely acknowledged presence in children’s entertainment.

Last week, a campaign to change this caught fire on Twitter, under the hashtag #GiveElsaAGirlfriend — a plea to Disney to make one half of its beloved princess duo a lesbian in the forthcoming sequel to its 2013 animated blockbuster “Frozen.”
    The better question is "Why do we need a gay Disney princess?" Should little girls grow up aspiring to be lesbians?

What annoys me with this shit is this: A big thing was made fairly recently of Burt and Ernie sharing a bed, meaning that they must be gay...when the real answer is simple...kids do think about the sexuality of the characters they are watching. I never once thought of Burt and Ernie as gay OR straight...that doesn't need to be part of the identity of all characters on TV shows.

So to quote another Disney Princess, "Let it go..."!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    The better question is "Why do we need a gay Disney princess?" Should little girls grow up aspiring to be lesbians?

What annoys me with this shit is this: A big thing was made fairly recently of Burt and Ernie sharing a bed, meaning that they must be gay...when the real answer is simple...kids do think about the sexuality of the characters they are watching. I never once thought of Burt and Ernie as gay OR straight...that doesn't need to be part of the identity of all characters on TV shows.

So to quote another Disney Princess, "Let it go..."!!!!!!!
    It's not so someone "aspires" to be a lesbian it's so children who are homosexual can have someone to look up to. It was not a big deal "recently" about Bert and Ernie. That shit was some time ago. I haven't heard anything about that in awhile. When I looked last summer there was an article after the SCOTUS ruling on same sex marriage that Sesame Street would have them marry each other and that didn't happen. The last article about them was 2014. The bed thing seems like it came up a long time ago.

They do or don't think about sexuality in your opinion?

Kids know pretty young their sexual orientation. My brother is gay and he said he's known since he was five years old. But growing up in conservative, bigoted Midwest and a rural town he didn't come out until he was 19. After he graduated and left home. Now it might be slightly better but not when we were growing up. He would've gotten his ass kicked. He told me once how when I would say I thought a guy was hot he wished he could say it out loud back then. I'm sure he would've liked seeing a gay couple on his favorite TV shows or movies.

Considering some parents don't even explain to their kids about sex ever at all and leave it to the schools that's why we have these things in shows and movies.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    They do or don't think about sexuality in your opinion?
    They don't think about it.

Kids know pretty young their sexual orientation. My brother is gay and he said he's known since he was five years old.
    This is BS. At that age, people are asexual at best. To associate anything with sexuality at that age is pretty sick. People at age 5 are not attracted to anyone sexually and if they are they need to be taken to a psychiatrist.

But growing up in conservative, bigoted Midwest and a rural town he didn't come out until he was 19. After he graduated and left home. Now it might be slightly better but not when we were growing up. He would've gotten his ass kicked. He told me once how when I would say I thought a guy was hot he wished he could say it out loud back then. I'm sure he would've liked seeing a gay couple on his favorite TV shows or movies.
    Don't worry...there's plenty of homos for people to watch on TV now. Every show...every channel...all the time.

Because, you know, every group of people has a least 1 gay person in it.

Considering some parents don't even explain to their kids about sex ever at all and leave it to the schools that's why we have these things in shows and movies.
    What?? The??? Fuck??? are you saying here? That's why we have what in shows and movies?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    They don't think about it.

This is BS. At that age, people are asexual at best. To associate anything with sexuality at that age is pretty sick. People at age 5 are not attracted to anyone sexually and if they are they need to be taken to a psychiatrist.

Don't worry...there's plenty of homos for people to watch on TV now. Every show...every channel...all the time.

Because, you know, every group of people has a least 1 gay person in it.

What?? The??? Fuck??? are you saying here? That's why we have what in shows and movies?
    Really? You don't think that children can be attracted to someone? That children don't have crushes? You never had a crush on a girl when you were in elementary school? I had a crush on one guy in my class from first grade through 12th grade. I never told him. But in 1st grade I was six and I knew that I liked him. He and his best friend were the only two boys I invited to a party I had when I turned 7. There was an attraction. Okay not sexual as I didn't think about that until maybe junior high but I still had an attraction to him. When I was 9 I had a crush on Joey from New Kids on the Block. I thought my friend's older brother was cute when I was in like 3rd grade and he is 2 years older. So kids have attractions to people. It doesn't always have to be sexual.

So yes kids do have attractions to other people. Everything isn't about sex. So when my brother was a kid he was attracted to other boys. He had crushes on boys - not girls.

Every show has gay people? Out of all the shows I watch I can think of one show that has gay people in it - Modern Family. Oh wait Once Upon a Time just had a gay character plot on an episode and made Mulan a lesbian and Dorothy and Little Red Riding Hood. So two shows out of all the shows I watch have gay people in them. What shows are you watching? Gay people are not on TV all the time on every channel. They might throw in a stereotypical gay character every once in awhile.

Yeah it ends up in the media because people don't want to talk to their kids about sex. Why is that hard to understand? People complain about all this sex in TV, movies and at school but then don't talk to their kids about it. So kids have to find out the information from other places and it isn't always the best.

This sums it up: "Eileen Ross, director of a Mountain View, CA program for gay youth, says that when a 12-year-old boy says he likes girls, "No one says to them: 'Are you sure? You're too young to know if you like girls. It's probably just a phase.'" We are totally accepting of people who "just know" that they're heterosexual from an early age, and we recognize that heterosexuality encompasses not just intercourse but also crushes, flirting, dating, behaviors many parents of middle-schoolers not only allowed but find charming. A "schoolboy crush" is usually considered cute — as long as it's on a girl."

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Really? You don't think that children can be attracted to someone? That children don't have crushes? You never had a crush on a girl when you were in elementary school? I had a crush on one guy in my class from first grade through 12th grade. I never told him. But in 1st grade I was six and I knew that I liked him. He and his best friend were the only two boys I invited to a party I had when I turned 7. There was an attraction. Okay not sexual as I didn't think about that until maybe junior high but I still had an attraction to him. When I was 9 I had a crush on Joey from New Kids on the Block. I thought my friend's older brother was cute when I was in like 3rd grade and he is 2 years older. So kids have attractions to people. It doesn't always have to be sexual.

So yes kids do have attractions to other people. Everything isn't about sex. So when my brother was a kid he was attracted to other boys. He had crushes on boys - not girls.

Every show has gay people? Out of all the shows I watch I can think of one show that has gay people in it - Modern Family. Oh wait Once Upon a Time just had a gay character plot on an episode and made Mulan a lesbian and Dorothy and Little Red Riding Hood. So two shows out of all the shows I watch have gay people in them. What shows are you watching? Gay people are not on TV all the time on every channel. They might throw in a stereotypical gay character every once in awhile.

Yeah it ends up in the media because people don't want to talk to their kids about sex. Why is that hard to understand? People complain about all this sex in TV, movies and at school but then don't talk to their kids about it. So kids have to find out the information from other places and it isn't always the best.

This sums it up: "Eileen Ross, director of a Mountain View, CA program for gay youth, says that when a 12-year-old boy says he likes girls, "No one says to them: 'Are you sure? You're too young to know if you like girls. It's probably just a phase.'" We are totally accepting of people who "just know" that they're heterosexual from an early age, and we recognize that heterosexuality encompasses not just intercourse but also crushes, flirting, dating, behaviors many parents of middle-schoolers not only allowed but find charming. A "schoolboy crush" is usually considered cute — as long as it's on a girl."
    Ok...here we go: TV shows with a gay character....I'll just list some of them...though the list is extensive...actually, I'll list just on the major networks to make it easier:

The Catch
    Heartbeat
    The Family
    The Real O'Neals
    Shades of Blue
    Legends of Tomorrow
    Telenovela
    Superstore
    Fear the Walking Dead
    Crazy Ex-Girlfriend
    Dr. Ken
    Blindspot
    Grandfathered
    Code Black
    Quantico
    Rosewood
    Scream Queens
    Aquarius

(BTW-this is just under the "drama" list...not even comedies)

One Big Happy
    Dig
    American Crime
    Backstrom
    Madam Secretary
    The Mysteries of Laura
    The Flash

Holy shit...I'd be typing forever....go to Wikipedia...or just search for TV shows/Movies with gay characters. it's and extremely long list.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

This sums it up: "Eileen Ross, director of a Mountain View, CA program for gay youth, says that when a 12-year-old boy says he likes girls, "No one says to them: 'Are you sure? You're too young to know if you like girls. It's probably just a phase.'"
    That's because it's normal for boys to like girls. Over 98% of boys like girls and over 98% of girls like boys.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    The better question is "Why do we need a gay Disney princess?"
    We don't. But, it's being forced on us by a foreign, hostile ideology (Kabbalistic cult)

Years ago Mrs. Rainmaker took a part time Job at the Disney Reservation Call center to earn a little extra money and help pay off some bills. They weren't allowed to Tell people if they happened to be booking their vacation during the Unofficial "Disney Gay Days".

They would receive tons of complaints from people who just wanted to take their kids on Family Friendly vacation and then wound up getting confronted with in-your-face disgusting behavior from these social deviant misfits.
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 05-12-2016 at 06:14 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    We don't. But, it's being forced on us by a foreign, hostile ideology (Kabbalistic cult)

Years ago Mrs. Rainmaker took a part time Job at the Disney Reservation Call center to earn a little extra money and help pay off some bills. They weren't allowed to Tell people if they happened to be booking their vacation during the Unofficial "Disney Gay Days".

They would receive tons of complaints from people who just wanted to take their kids on Family Friendly vacation and then wound up getting confronted with in-your-face disgusting behavior from these social deviant misfits.
    What? Kabbalistic cult? And not all homosexuals are "social deviant misfits." Anyone can be a social deviant misfit.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    What? Kabbalistic cult?
    Uh yep. and Indoctrination of children to support the homosexual agenda is one of their major objectives.

Anyone can be a social deviant misfit
    This much is True. But, they do tend to have narcissistic personality disorders and display sociopathic traits in much higher numbers than the rest of the normal population.