Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Are we ready for a gay Disney princess? We may be closer than you think.

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    So your only issue is consent? Interesting.
    Pretty much.

What other issues should I concern myself with?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FuelShopTech1 View Post
    Pretty much.

What other issues should I concern myself with?
    If the law said 14 was the legal age of consent you'd be good with that? Or are we stuck with some arbitrary age for consent?

Where is the line drawn? Who's moral compass do we use to determine what's old enough? People are physically able to have sex as early as age 10 or 11. Some countries allow it at a very young age. You're ok with that?

I'd bet not. I bet you have your own set of morals and values that you are unwilling to waver on. Well, guess what...so do the rest of us...and just because it's a different set of morals and values then yours doesn't mean that they are wrong.

If the law said 14 was the legal age of consent you'd be good with that? Or are we stuck with some arbitrary age for consent?

Where is the line drawn? Who's moral compass do we use to determine what's old enough? People are physically able to have sex as early as age 10 or 11. Some countries allow it at a very young age. You're ok with that?

I'd bet not. I bet you have your own set of morals and values that you are unwilling to waver on. Well, guess what...so do the rest of us...and just because it's a different set of morals and values then yours doesn't mean that they are wrong.
    The age of consent IS arbitrary.

And I never said your morals and values were "wrong." If you wish to believe that homosexuality is wrong, fine, but you've not presented a case of why I, or anyone else, should agree with you or adjust our views to match yours. You've given me no reason to believe MY morals and values are "wrong."

If you don't like gays, then don't sleep with men, but having to put up with people who are gay is one of the consequences of living in a free society.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FuelShopTech1 View Post

If you don't like gays, then don't sleep with men, but having to put up with people who are gay is one of the consequences of living in a free society.
    My response to this is the same response people give to religion. I don't care if people are gay...I just don't want to be forced to live around the lifestyle...and be honest...everyone is forced to be around the lifestyle since it's focused on so much in every aspect of politics and entertainment. And now I'll be forced to be around it in a bathroom.

Thankfully, Texas, and several other states, are coming out and saying the the federal government can go fuck themselves and keep their precious funding because they aren't going to be blackmailed into complying with the bullshit.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Also, why have separate Ages of consent. WHy not make ALL 'age required' stuff be the same, rather than have voting one age, drinking another age, driving another age and so on.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    It wasn't necessary for me to choose, because I wasn't born genetically defective or didn't develop the mental disorder or whatever it is that causes one to become afflicted with one of these abnormal homosexual illnesses.

We live in America and chicks with dicks sharing bathrooms with our daughters is not compatible with our traditional values.

However, raping little boys is acceptable behavior in some parts of the world. so maybe you should vote with your feet and move to one of the culturally rich paradises.

I'm sure you'll look very pretty in your Blue Burqa.
    Are you sure you don't have a mental disorder - or is just undiagnosed? I know for a fact my brother does not have a mental disorder of any type. Him being gay is not a mental disorder but to each his or her own.

"Traditional" values? Oh you mean the traditional values that allowed slavery to last as long as it did, hold back women and other minorities as long as they did and even held back poor white men as long as they did?

Why would I move to another country? When did I ever say it was okay for anyone to rape children or rape period? I didn't say that because it's not okay to rape anyone. Are you inferring that homosexuals are pedophiles? Two very different types of people. I guarantee you any homosexual male or female I know has not raped a child. They prefer adults because they aren't pedophiles. How very ignorant of you to try to correlate the two but it doesn't surprise me at all based on your other comments.

I simply said that there are other cultures where something is normal to them and not normal to us. FFS if you would travel back in time to the time of the Founders you would find that things they did that are normal to them aren't normal to us even.

I'd prefer not to live in a time of "traditional" values ever again. I enjoy my freedoms that many women and men before me have fought and died for me to have. I'd rather not have my freedom limited solely because I have a vagina.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Well most states the age of consent is 16...and pedophilia consists of individuals with a primary or exclusive sexual interest in prepubescent children aged 13 or younger. So even if the age of consent was 14 and an adult slept with a child at 14, that person is by definition not a pedophile. Just saying. It's still pretty gross when adults have sex with teenagers.

Oh and in New Hampshire with parental consent a 13 year old female can get married and a 14 year old male can get married. Many states the minimum is 15 with parental consent for marriage.

"and just because it's a different set of morals and values then yours doesn't mean that they are wrong" Are you willing to stick by that? Because you're saying in this quote that if another culture's set of morals allows children to be married and have sex than by your quote that doesn't make it wrong just because it differs from your morals.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    Also, why have separate Ages of consent. WHy not make ALL 'age required' stuff be the same, rather than have voting one age, drinking another age, driving another age and so on.
    Ask the state legislatures about that. They determine all those ages of consent.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sparks82 View Post
    Are you sure you don't have a mental disorder - or is just undiagnosed?
    Yes I'm sure that I don't have a mental disorder.

I know for a fact my brother does not have a mental disorder of any type. Him being gay is not a mental disorder but to each his or her own.
    Then do you believe that he was born genetically defective or was the cause of his abnormality environmental?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Are you willing to stick by that? Because you're saying in this quote that if another culture's set of morals allows children to be married and have sex than by your quote that doesn't make it wrong just because it differs from your morals.
    No...I am actually arguing the opposite. What I'm saying is that there has always been a standard set of accepted morals that were important to this country. All of the sudden, we're now expected to dismiss those morals or be labeled homophobes. My point is that I shouldn't be asked to be acceptant of anyone else's lifestyle unless everyone else is going to be acceptant of my views and, as we both know, my views, the common view, the standard and widely held view, is labeled as bigotry and phobia.