Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 79

Thread: Are we ready for a gay Disney princess? We may be closer than you think.

  1. #31
    Banned sandsjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,984
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sparks82 View Post
    No I have had this debate many times over and it gets old.
    I know...you've had this debate many times, you can find no logical response to refute the comparison, so you smartly choose not to take part.

  2. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    626
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    I know...you've had this debate many times, you can find no logical response to refute the comparison, so you smartly choose not to take part.
    Nice try. Not biting. I have refuted it logically but it's old and tired. Like the abortion or religion debates.

  3. #33
    Banned sandsjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,984
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sparks82 View Post
    Nice try. Not biting. I have refuted it logically but it's old and tired. Like the abortion or religion debates.
    So you don't want to talk about controversial stuff then, is what you're saying. What are you here for? There are plenty of sites where everyone will agree with you.

  4. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    626
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    So you don't want to talk about controversial stuff then, is what you're saying. What are you here for? There are plenty of sites where everyone will agree with you.
    Obviously I do talk about controversial stuff quite often. I just don't feel like going into this one. So why do you care if I don't want to? There are plenty of other people you can find to argue with. Well...maybe not on here.

  5. #35
    Banned sandsjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,984
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sparks82 View Post
    Obviously I do talk about controversial stuff quite often. I just don't feel like going into this one. So why do you care if I don't want to? There are plenty of other people you can find to argue with. Well...maybe not on here.
    That's where you're wrong. Not tooting my own horn, but I'm one of only a couple on here who can actually have agreements and disagreements with the same people. More disagreements than agreements. Rusty and I agree on almost nothing (except our feelings on gender roles) and Rainmaker and I agree on even less...of course that means the Garkhal and I agree on very little because he and RM agree on almost everything. There are two people on here who I almost never agree with anything on and that's MikeKerriiiiiiii and you. You probably think I'm misogynistic but I'm nowhere near the retired navy dude when it comes to feeling about women.

    I try not to have conversations with people who agree with me because that's pretty lame and progress is never made. If everything is rosy then why try to improve it...?

  6. #36
    Senior Member Rusty Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    3,936
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Getting back to the OP, my thoughts are this: if a child grows up to be gay, then it needs to be because they discovered homosexuality on their own.

    But to present it to children as an option, as if to say "Hey kids, you can do THIS when you grow up too!"

    No. Just no. Treat every child as if they're going to be heterosexual, then adjust later if they assert otherwise after hitting puberty.
    Last edited by Rusty Jones; 05-13-2016 at 06:16 PM.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

  7. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Columbus, ohio
    Posts
    3,337
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sparks82 View Post
    Out of EVERY show, you have five with leading characters who are gay or bi. That is a lot more than their used to be but that is still not "every" show or "every" movie. How many mainstream movies out there have gay leading characters? The fact you have more supporting or recurring characters than lead characters who are gay shows something.
    Sparks, its the fact it all adds up. Just from GLADD's own figures, we have almost 100 gay/lesbian/bi/trans characters out of around 80 shows. Now, how many shows do YOU watch on a regular basis? How many of those are in that 80 above??

    Quote Originally Posted by sparks82 View Post
    What's wrong with kindergartners reading that book? Or seeing gay characters? They see them at school and in their lives. They see other kids with gay parents or might have gay parents themselves. Kids don't give a shit who is gay or who isn't until their parents instill bigotry and ignorance into them.
    Cause to ME, its conditioning them that being Non-normal, is right/good. Indoctrinating them that its all ok to be that..

    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    That's where you're wrong. Not tooting my own horn, but I'm one of only a couple on here who can actually have agreements and disagreements with the same people. More disagreements than agreements. Rusty and I agree on almost nothing (except our feelings on gender roles) and Rainmaker and I agree on even less...of course that means the Garkhal and I agree on very little because he and RM agree on almost everything. There are two people on here who I almost never agree with anything on and that's MikeKerriiiiiiii and you. You probably think I'm misogynistic but I'm nowhere near the retired navy dude when it comes to feeling about women.
    Heck there was a time i almost put SJ on my 'blocked' list..

    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    Getting back to the OP, my thoughts are this: if a child grows up to be gay, then it needs to be because they discovered homosexuality on their own.

    But to present it to children as an option, as if to say "Hey kids, you can do THIS when you grow up too!"

    No. Just no. Treat every child as if they're going to be heterosexual, then adjust later if they assert otherwise after hitting puberty.
    Wow. I fully agree with rusty here!

  8. #38
    Senior Member Rainmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    on a Marl Road
    Posts
    3,883
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sparks82 View Post
    So when did you choose to be heterosexual?
    It wasn't necessary for me to choose, because I wasn't born genetically defective or didn't develop the mental disorder or whatever it is that causes one to become afflicted with one of these abnormal homosexual illnesses.

    If you go to another country they might have traditions that you don't view as normal but they very much do.
    We live in America and chicks with dicks sharing bathrooms with our daughters is not compatible with our traditional values.

    However, raping little boys is acceptable behavior in some parts of the world. so maybe you should vote with your feet and move to one of the culturally rich paradises.

    I'm sure you'll look very pretty in your Blue Burqa.
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 05-13-2016 at 07:24 PM.

  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Right, and many pedophiles are born with an attraction to young kids, so it's normal and no big deal. Pedophiles shouldn't be treated different than anyone else because it's not a choice.
    I don't blame them for having the attraction; however, I blame them for acting on it.

    I don't blame homosexuals for acting on their attractions, providing it's between two legally consenting adult, because it doesn't harm anyone.

  10. #40
    Banned sandsjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,984
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FuelShopTech1 View Post
    I don't blame them for having the attraction; however, I blame them for acting on it.

    I don't blame homosexuals for acting on their attractions, providing it's between two legally consenting adult, because it doesn't harm anyone.
    So your only issue is consent? Interesting.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •