Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Are we ready for a gay Disney princess? We may be closer than you think.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    Normal is defined as "the usual, average, or typical state or condition."

So, no matter how much you insist that Homosexual behavior is normal behavior and no matter how much you demand that the rest of the society accepts it as so. It's not normal. It can't be because, If it was then we wouldn't even need to have the conversation in the first place.
    Very true rainmaker. Its like with scientists running experiments. They always start with a baseline and take Known normal constants.. If they were 'normal just for whom felt it', then they wouldn't work..

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    I saw this over on GOPUSA, so i didn't comment on it till someone else brought it up.
    Sorry but to me this is a flat out load of Bull.. Stop going after kids! That's all this effort is.
    And imo if Disney Does cave in, i hope they go under as all the families who normally buy their products desert them like rats on a sinking ship.

My sentiments exactly SJ. But the LGBTQ mafia can't let it go. To them they HAVE to have every facet of US life celebrating their lifestyle, and if they don't SUE or use social media to pressure them until they DO.

Too damn true. It almost seems like every show's writers before putting it to the corporate exes, have a check list "GAy character, check, Transgendered, Check. Doufus male, check. Dumb blond, Check. Powerful female figure, check".. And so on.
    That's why practically ALL of the comedies on tv these days i stay clear of.

You sure of that??
    Here's a list from GLADD itself!
    Leading characters - Broadcast

Grey's Anatomy - Callie Torres - Bisexual
    Happy endings - Max blum, Gay
    Modern family - Mitchell pritchett, Gay
    Modern family - Caneron tucker, Gay
    Smash - Tom, Gay

Supporting characters - Broadcast
    90210 - Adrianna tate duncan, Bi
    Allen Gregory - Jeremy and Richard, both gay
    American dad - Rodger, Bi
    Bones, Angela montenegro, Bi
    Glee MANY!
    Good wife - Kalinda, Bi
    Grey's anatomy - Arizona robbins, Lesbian

Recurring characters - broadcast
    2 more gays on American dad, 2 gays in Desperate housewives, one Gay and one Bi in the Good Wife, 1 lesbian in Rules of engagement, 1 gay in Revenge.

That's just Broadcast networks. 33 total gay/bi/lesbian characters (and even the Simpsons is not immune!!)

Looks like we both were hot on the list for Sparks!
    Now hitting cable we get
    5 shows with leading characters who are gay/bi/lesbian
    22 characters who are supporting
    and a further 22 who are recurring...

Quite a laundry list imo.

I hope they also received a LOT of on the spot cancellations! And bad publicity!

Sparks. If pushing it onto kids is NOT part of their agenda, why then push to have MORE preschools/kindergardens read books like the "prince and the prince", or push to get more gay characters into KIDS cartoons???
    Out of EVERY show, you have five with leading characters who are gay or bi. That is a lot more than their used to be but that is still not "every" show or "every" movie. How many mainstream movies out there have gay leading characters? The fact you have more supporting or recurring characters than lead characters who are gay shows something.

What's wrong with kindergartners reading that book? Or seeing gay characters? They see them at school and in their lives. They see other kids with gay parents or might have gay parents themselves. Kids don't give a shit who is gay or who isn't until their parents instill bigotry and ignorance into them.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    Yes it is.

Normal is defined as "the usual, average, or typical state or condition."

So, no matter how much you insist that Homosexual behavior is normal behavior and no matter how much you demand that the rest of the society accepts it as so. It's not normal. It can't be because, If it was then we wouldn't even need to have the conversation in the first place.
    So when did you choose to be heterosexual? Also different cultures have things that are normal in their culture and not in another. If you go to another country they might have traditions that you don't view as normal but they very much do.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sparks82 View Post
    So when did you choose to be heterosexual?
    No...you ARE heterosexual...you choose to be gay.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    So when did you choose to be heterosexual? Also different cultures have things that are normal in their culture and not in another. If you go to another country they might have traditions that you don't view as normal but they very much do.
    We're all presumed to be heterosexual until otherwise discovered.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    No...you ARE heterosexual...you choose to be gay.
    No one doesn't. My brother didn't choose to be gay. The choice he made was to hide it until he turned 19. That was the only choice he made which was actually forced upon him due to society. Any other gay people I know didn't "choose" to be gay. That's just how they are. Moving on.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    No one doesn't. My brother didn't choose to be gay. The choice he made was to hide it until he turned 19. That was the only choice he made which was actually forced upon him due to society. Any other gay people I know didn't "choose" to be gay. That's just how they are. Moving on.
    Right, and many pedophiles are born with an attraction to young kids, so it's normal and no big deal. Pedophiles shouldn't be treated different than anyone else because it's not a choice.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Right, and many pedophiles are born with an attraction to young kids, so it's normal and no big deal. Pedophiles shouldn't be treated different than anyone else because it's not a choice.
    Saw that argument coming...like I said moving on. I'm not getting into this endless debate.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Saw that argument coming...like I said moving on. I'm not getting into this endless debate.
    Fair enough...that's what people do when they can't counter an obvious point...they "move on". But the fact is that you can't answer a simple question...if a person cannot choose who they are attracted to then why should a pedophile be blamed for being attracted to children?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Fair enough...that's what people do when they can't counter an obvious point...they "move on". But the fact is that you can't answer a simple question...if a person cannot choose who they are attracted to then why should a pedophile be blamed for being attracted to children?
    No I have had this debate many times over and it gets old.