Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 52

Thread: Obama thinks blacks are typically drug dealers.

  1. #1
    Senior Member WILDJOKER5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    939
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Obama thinks blacks are typically drug dealers.

    Yep, that's what he said. Wouldn't you say calling a group of graduating blacks "lucky not to be drug dealers" more than the supposed "soft racist" statement you accuse the right of saying?

    http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016...t-drug-dealer/
    Progressivism; such great ideas, they need to force you to follow them.

    Socialism is for the people, not the socialist.

    Economic Left/Right: 7.38
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.08
    politicalcompass.org

  2. #2
    Senior Member Rusty Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    3,936
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WILDJOKER5 View Post
    Yep, that's what he said. Wouldn't you say calling a group of graduating blacks "lucky not to be drug dealers" more than the supposed "soft racist" statement you accuse the right of saying?

    http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016...t-drug-dealer/
    Here's the exact quote:

    We can’t walk by a homeless man without asking why a society as wealthy as ours allows that state of affairs to occur. We can’t just lock up a low-level dealer without asking why this boy, barely out of childhood, felt he had no other options. We have cousins and uncles and brothers and sisters who we remember were just as smart and just as talented as we were, but somehow got ground down by structures that are unfair and unjust.

    And that means we have to not only question the world as it is, and stand up for those African Americans who haven’t been so lucky — because, yes, you’ve worked hard, but you’ve also been lucky. That’s a pet peeve of mine: People who have been successful and don’t realize they’ve been lucky. That God may have blessed them; it wasn’t nothing you did. So don’t have an attitude.
    To get "you black people are lucky to not be drug dealers" out of this takes some real effort. At the end of the day, whoever wrote this isn't trying to make a persuasive argument. They're simply trying to "win" an argument.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

  3. #3
    Senior Member WILDJOKER5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    939
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    Here's the exact quote:



    To get "you black people are lucky to not be drug dealers" out of this takes some real effort. At the end of the day, whoever wrote this isn't trying to make a persuasive argument. They're simply trying to "win" an argument.
    "We can’t just lock up a low-level dealer without asking why this boy, barely out of childhood, felt he had no other options."

    Imagine the outrage if Trump had said this line. Calling a black young adult a "boy".
    Progressivism; such great ideas, they need to force you to follow them.

    Socialism is for the people, not the socialist.

    Economic Left/Right: 7.38
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.08
    politicalcompass.org

  4. #4
    Senior Member WILDJOKER5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    939
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    Here's the exact quote:

    To get "you black people are lucky to not be drug dealers" out of this takes some real effort. At the end of the day, whoever wrote this isn't trying to make a persuasive argument. They're simply trying to "win" an argument.
    "And that means we have to not only question the world as it is, and stand up for those African Americans who haven’t been so lucky — because, yes, you’ve worked hard, but you’ve also been lucky. That’s a pet peeve of mine: People who have been successful and don’t realize they’ve been lucky. That God may have blessed them; it wasn’t nothing you did. So don’t have an attitude."

    You don't see how someone can get "you black people are lucky to not be drug dealers" out of a paragraph that says "it nothing you've done.." and used the word "luck" 3 times? Not to mention him being the POTUS using a freaking double negative at a commencement speech. Are you serious?
    Progressivism; such great ideas, they need to force you to follow them.

    Socialism is for the people, not the socialist.

    Economic Left/Right: 7.38
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.08
    politicalcompass.org

  5. #5
    Senior Member Rusty Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    3,936
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    You're proving my point by nitpicking what was said in order to make it say something else. Again... the author of this article doesn't seek to convince. He or she seeks to win.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

  6. #6
    Senior Member Rainmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    on a Marl Road
    Posts
    3,880
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WILDJOKER5 View Post
    Wouldn't you say calling a group of graduating blacks "lucky not to be drug dealers"
    When you picture a drug dealer, what imagery comes to mind?

    They are lucky not to be dealing drugs. His pointing out what's obvious to everyone else in the world doesn't make him a 'racist'. It just means he's paying attention.
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 05-10-2016 at 12:52 PM.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Rusty Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    3,936
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    When you picture a drug dealer, what imagery comes to mind?

    They are lucky not to be dealing drugs. His pointing out what's obvious to everyone else in the world doesn't make him a 'racist'. It just means he's paying attention.
    A biker selling crank to a whore at a truck stop? That's one possible image.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

  8. #8
    Senior Member WILDJOKER5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    939
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    When you picture a drug dealer, what imagery comes to mind?
    this.

    Progressivism; such great ideas, they need to force you to follow them.

    Socialism is for the people, not the socialist.

    Economic Left/Right: 7.38
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.08
    politicalcompass.org

  9. #9
    Senior Member WILDJOKER5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    939
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    A biker selling crank to a whore at a truck stop? That's one possible image.
    or Mexican. Or Asian.
    Progressivism; such great ideas, they need to force you to follow them.

    Socialism is for the people, not the socialist.

    Economic Left/Right: 7.38
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.08
    politicalcompass.org

  10. #10
    Senior Member Rainmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    on a Marl Road
    Posts
    3,880
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WILDJOKER5 View Post
    You don't see how someone can get "you black people are lucky to not be drug dealers" out of a paragraph that says "it nothing you've done.." and used the word "luck" 3 times? Not to mention him being the POTUS using a freaking double negative at a commencement speech. Are you serious?
    Obama may be the biggest piece of shit douchebag I've ever seen. But, on this one I actually agreed with his statement . They ARE lucky not to be dealing drugs. Even a broken clock is right twice a day. So, You'll get no argument from me.

    However, him ranting about how "People who have been successful and don’t realize they’ve been lucky. That God may have blessed them; it wasn’t nothing you did. So don’t have an attitude." makes absolutely no sense at all and is widely insulting to the graduates of "Howard Black University" and proves that he is a full retard socialist communist, just like "the right" always paints him out to be.
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 05-10-2016 at 01:41 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •