Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Batman v Superman **SPOILERS**

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Batman v Superman **SPOILERS**

It has probably been long enough that if you haven't seen it, you have had it sufficiently spoiled.

Any thoughts on the movie?

I liked it, thought it could have been better, more character development. Thought the 1 hour long fight scene kicked a lot of ass (note to self, don't live in Metropolis -- ever). Thought they did Wonder Woman well. I was disappointed after all the hype how little the Flash, Aquaman, and Cyborg were actually in the movie. Ben Afflek did a good job on a pissed off / jaded Batman (seems like he had some serious PTSD).

The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    It sucked. Captain America Civil War is a much better movie all around. They really wasted the Doomsday character.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    It sucked. Captain America Civil War is a much better movie all around. They really wasted the Doomsday character.
    Did you already see Civil War?

I thought how they incorporated Doomsday was interesting ... that way they didn't have to spend too much time on what Doomsday is/where he came from (in the comics it was really drug out -- for a couple of years to answer that stuff).

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Batman v Superman was awesome. Haters gonna hate. People want to expect the same format for DC as they do for Marvel. They just aren't the same.

Batfleck is the best so far and portrayed the "Dark Knight Returns" Batman perfectly.

My only problem, and DC always has this, is they haven't given me a reason to care about, or root for, Superman. It's difficult because people get bored with an overpowered superhero who is always "good", then they get pissed off when he gets violent. Can't have it both ways.

Civil War will be better than BvS but I'm not a "one or the other type". To me it's like comparing Lethal Weapon to Se7en. They aren't meant to be the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Batman v Superman was awesome. Haters gonna hate. People want to expect the same format for DC as they do for Marvel. They just aren't the same.

Batfleck is the best so far and portrayed the "Dark Knight Returns" Batman perfectly.

My only problem, and DC always has this, is they haven't given me a reason to care about, or root for, Superman. It's difficult because people get bored with an overpowered superhero who is always "good", then they get pissed off when he gets violent. Can't have it both ways.

Civil War will be better than BvS but I'm not a "one or the other type". To me it's like comparing Lethal Weapon to Se7en. They aren't meant to be the same.
    Based on the future Flash scene ... I expect to see an Injustice storyline for the JLA coming our way.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    Based on the future Flash scene ... I expect to see an Injustice Storyline for the JLA coming our way.
    I'm with you on this. I'm also expecting The Flash to be the best of all of these movies, besides maybe Suicide Squad, which has a ton of potential. Injustice is awesome all the way through.

I just hope to see Zack Snyder put his ego away for a little while with a lot of this stuff. He has the potential. He made one of the top 2 superhero films of all time with "Watchmen" so he's very capable.

I hate to say this, because it's such a bandwagon thing and he already has Star Trek and Star Wars, but I'd love to see JJ Abrams get involved with DC.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Can I just say thank you for starting this thread. It's the first thread in a long time I've actually been really interested in.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    This isn't related to Batman v Superman but what needs to happen next is they need to make Captain Britain. I think it would be easy to tie it in now that they have Psylocke (Brian Braddock's sister) in X-Men. For those who don't know, Captain Britain is the only character who exists in every single universe within the Marvel Multiverse and in a heads up battle with a version of Thor (in the latest Secret Wars series) a version of Captain Britain cut Mjolnir in half using Excalibur.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    Did you already see Civil War?
    It opened overseas last week.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    To be honest, I hate Batman for the exact opposite reason: he can beat ANYBODY, and he has no powers. Honestly, I believe that if DC wasn't worried about losing readers, we'd see issue where Batman single-handedly kicks God's ass in order to prevent Jesus's Second Coming.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males