Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Batman v Superman **SPOILERS**

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    Batman: Year One was outstanding. Did you read the Superman: Year One (2 separate books)? It is really good too.

I have a whole long box filled with DC Elseworlds titles:

-What if Kal El landed in Gotham and was adopted by the Waynes?
    -What if Kal El landed in Medieval England
    -Red Son: What if Kal El landed in Soviet Russia instead of the USA?
    -What if Superman landed on Apokolips
    -What if Superman landed in the USA in the 1800's, fights as a Union soldier in the Civil War.

Those are some really good books in the 'what if' category.
    I don't do much with the "What If's" but I did really like the Soviet Union one.

I do enjoy a lot of the Earth 2 stuff, though. I like the different backgrounds/origins of known characters, as well as different personalities.

My collection is up to about 2000 books now, and I do a lot of action figures, too. I've only been collecting for a couple years and love it. It does get expensive pretty quick but it's fairly safe investment (especially since I'm no good at saving actual money).

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    One of my favorite stories is one I just read. Original Sin. If you haven't read it, it's an awesome Nick Fury storyline that covers about 8 books.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    I don't do much with the "What If's" but I did really like the Soviet Union one.

I do enjoy a lot of the Earth 2 stuff, though. I like the different backgrounds/origins of known characters, as well as different personalities.

My collection is up to about 2000 books now, and I do a lot of action figures, too. I've only been collecting for a couple years and love it. It does get expensive pretty quick but it's fairly safe investment (especially since I'm no good at saving actual money).
    I don't know anything about these newer books but sure wish I still had some of those comic books I had as a kid.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by retiredAFcivvy View Post
    I don't know anything about these newer books but sure wish I still had some of those comic books I had as a kid.
    Yeah, we've all got some stories like that. However, if everyone had kept everything they had as a kid then nothing would be worth money.

It's amazing how many newer comics you can get that end up being worth quite a bit. For instance, Batgirl #12, from about 13 years ago, goes for several hundred dollars right now. That's about 100 times the value. That was the first appearance of Harley Quinn. That's what make collecting so fun. You just never know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by retiredAFcivvy View Post
    I have every issue of Spawn that has been printed (1-261 or 262). Not all of them are worth money ... but when I told the guy at my comic shop he offered me $1,800 on the spot. They still sit in my basement collecting dust.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I have every issue of Spawn that has been printed (1-261 or 262). Not all of them are worth money ... but when I told the guy at my comic shop he offered me $1,800 on the spot. They still sit in my basement collecting dust.
    Great series...do you have the variant covers as well, cuz those are what's worth money in that set. #216 regular cover is worth about $30, $150 is worth about $20...other than that they're worth $2 to $3 each. $1800 right now is an excellent deal for you...though depending on what they do with movies in the future they could jump in price. Do you have them in bags and boarded, standing up in a box?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Great series...do you have the variant covers as well, cuz those are what's worth money in that set. #216 regular cover is worth about $30, $150 is worth about $20...other than that they're worth $2 to $3 each. $1800 right now is an excellent deal for you...though depending on what they do with movies in the future they could jump in price. Do you have them in bags and boarded, standing up in a box?
    Most of the ones that had a variant I have the variant. All are bagged, boarded and boxed. I also have most of the offshoots (Both DC & Image versions of Batman vs Spawn, Angela series, Sam & Twitch). My favorite was Medieval Spawn. Badass outfit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Another good book that seems to have been canx'd (production problems) was the Dying and the Dead (Image) ... first three were really interesting but #3 came out 3 months behind schedule, the author has had issues with deadlines in the past and it looks like it may die on the vine.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Another good book that seems to have been canx'd (production problems) was the Dying and the Dead (Image) ... first three were really interesting but #3 came out 3 months behind schedule, the author has had issues with deadlines in the past and it looks like it may die on the vine.
    Have those. Very good.

Also have Pisces from Image. They seem to be consistent with their problems. First 3 Pisces came out last summer. Number 4 won't release until next month some time. It's about an Air Force pilot who ends up in outer space with aliens, etc. Great story, really good art...just the usual Image delays. When your focus is all on The Walking Dead I suppose it's easy to let everything else get behind.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    You sound like one of my gaming buds still living in the UK.. He has around 4k or so comics all sitting in boxes. Doesn't even break them out periodically to read one or two now and then>>