Thread: Anyone else besides me have that 'migration issue'?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Anyone else besides me have that 'migration issue'?

Wow, finally the site comes back in.. Since late friday at the latest (poss thursday), it seems the site has been off line cause the new company taking ownership had issues "Migrating it over"...

Anyone else get that issue?

And why is it that on the main mil times site, there was NOT ONE mention of this i could find??

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    Wow, finally the site comes back in.. Since late friday at the latest (poss thursday), it seems the site has been off line cause the new company taking ownership had issues "Migrating it over"...

Anyone else get that issue?

And why is it that on the main mil times site, there was NOT ONE mention of this i could find??
    It was a liberal conspiracy. I read it on the GOPUSA site.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It looks like the issue was in part a lack of coordination with the folks at Mil Times and maybe a billing issue (yes, the bill didn't get paid.)

I have chatted with Bourne via email and FYI, Bourne is no longer with Gannett and prior to leaving 'upped' the privileges for @UncaRastus & I so we are now 'administrators', that said ... we do not have full administrator access. Short of me doing something that would be called hacking, I can't access the server nor certain sections of the administrator Control Panel. I am not sure how this will play out once Gannett gets a new media outreach professional, nor if they intend to keep updating MTF or paying the bill.

So now ... what? Unban everyone except bots, see who comes back and go out in a blaze of glory?
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    . have chatted with Bourne via email and FYI, Bourne is no longer with Gannett and prior to leaving 'upped' the privileges for @UncaRastus & I so we are now 'administrators', that said ... we do not have full administrator access.
    Corporate mentality. last guy fired or quits gets the blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    .So now ... what? Unban everyone except bots, see who comes back and go out in a blaze of glory?
    Just do it Commander! A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week.
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 04-13-2016 at 01:44 AM.