Thread: National Archive Reenlistment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

National Archive Reenlistment

So, in the last few weeks I have reenlisted two Sailors in the National Archives directly in front of the Constitution. The Security Director is a veteran and has let us in about 30 minutes before they opened and let us enter the rotunda, do the ceremony and take some pictures before the doors open to the public.

I don't want to post the number publicly but if anyone in the DC area wants it or is interested ... send me a PM and I will get it to you.

Having the run of the rotunda for 30 minutes was awesome. I was able to look at the documents and take my time to read them ... the originals.

Ironically, the security folks don't let folks take photos during the day but let us take all we wanted (no flash) while we were there ... obligatory photo:

The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    So, in the last few weeks I have reenlisted two Sailors in the National Archives directly in front of the Constitution. The Security Director is a veteran and has let us in about 30 minutes before they opened and let us enter the rotunda, do the ceremony and take some pictures before the doors open to the public.

I don't want to post the number publicly but if anyone in the DC area wants it or is interested ... send me a PM and I will get it to you.

Having the run of the rotunda for 30 minutes was awesome. I was able to look at the documents and take my time to read them ... the originals.

Ironically, the security folks don't let folks take photos during the day but let us take all we wanted (no flash) while we were there ... obligatory photo:

Awesome reminder that supporting and defending the constitution is part of the Oath of Enlistment!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    I heard that certain documents are missing, and replaced with crudely done replicas, complete with crayon writing, and also with, 'The US Coast Guard Did This' found in place of a couple of the missing documents.
    Theirs not to question why, theirs but to do and die, into the valley of spam, rode the Super Moderators

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UncaRastus View Post
    I heard that certain documents are missing, and replaced with crudely done replicas, complete with crayon writing, and also with, 'The US Coast Guard Did This' found in place of a couple of the missing documents.
    Wasn't me ... I can't spell
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Great attempt at obfuscating the investigation! Stick with that story, my man!
    Theirs not to question why, theirs but to do and die, into the valley of spam, rode the Super Moderators

Newbie - (Restricted)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is there any chance you could pass the details and contact information to setup a reenlistment at the Archives? I am hoping to have my package back shortly and would like to try to swear my oath in front of the Constitution.