Thread: EFDP Process?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

EFDP Process?

So apparently we are treating the EFDPs like SNCO boards--in that we are using previous years' performance to weigh in for promotion recommendations. This seems unfair to me. An EPR is still all about this particular performance period. It still says in the AFI that you can't use actions outside of the reporting period on current EPRs, unless there are some unusual circumstances; however, when it comes to the promotion recommendation, we are taking the previous 3 EPRs into account. So I have a SSgt who has really impressed not only me, but also our squadron leadership--yet we can't even submit him to the board because he has a 4 EPR from 2 years ago. This seems to go against everything that has been preached about this revised system, which is supposed to key in on recent performance.

Have any of you had any experience with EFDPs yet? Anything that you'd like to share?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by insidiousbookworm View Post
    So apparently we are treating the EFDPs like SNCO boards--in that we are using previous years' performance to weigh in for promotion recommendations. This seems unfair to me. An EPR is still all about this particular performance period. It still says in the AFI that you can't use actions outside of the reporting period on current EPRs, unless there are some unusual circumstances; however, when it comes to the promotion recommendation, we are taking the previous 3 EPRs into account. So I have a SSgt who has really impressed not only me, but also our squadron leadership--yet we can't even submit him to the board because he has a 4 EPR from 2 years ago. This seems to go against everything that has been preached about this revised system, which is supposed to key in on recent performance.

Have any of you had any experience with EFDPs yet? Anything that you'd like to share?
    The AFI is pretty clear, it mandates the use of previous EPRs when determining promotion recommendations. Check out 36-2406, par 1.12.1.18. While I understand your point about being great this year, don't you think it's reasonable for your CC to consider sustained superior performance when making recommendations to the Wg CC? Of course this is for "small units" but it's similar for "large units" as to what must be considered for the promotion recommendations.