Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: U.S. Navy rebukes Iran after propaganda video shows sailor crying

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

U.S. Navy rebukes Iran after propaganda video shows sailor crying

I am nauseated over the Iranian propaganda in the recent incident with our Sailors:

http://www.navytimes.com/story/milit...navy/80186322/

However, I am infuriated by the actions of this same crew--regardless of orders--based on their oblivious disregard for our code of conduct.

As a former Combat Aircrewman, I know these SWCC folks go through SERE school and may want to take a refresher course on our CODE OF CONDUCT:

Code of Conduct for Members of the United States Armed Forces

I

I am an American, fighting in the forces which guard my country and our way of life. I am prepared to give my life in their defense.

II

I will never surrender of my own free will. If in command, I will never surrender the members of my command while they still have the means to resist.

III

If I am captured I will continue to resist by all means available. I will make every effort to escape and aid others to escape. I will accept neither parole nor special favors from the enemy.

IV

If I become a prisoner of war, I will keep faith with my fellow prisoners. I will give no information or take part in any action which might be harmful to my comrades. If I am senior, I will take command. If not, I will obey the lawful orders of those appointed over me and will back them up in every way.

V

When questioned, should I become a prisoner of war, I am required to give name, rank, service number and date of birth. I will evade answering further questions to the utmost of my ability. I will make no oral or written statements disloyal to my country and its allies or harmful to their cause.

VI

I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States of America.

1. I would have taken a bullet before I would have given in to their demands.

2. The gal in which they covered her hair with a burqa should have stood up and said: "Sorry... it's against MY religion."

3. Crying! Really??? Perhaps our Navy has gotten soft under the Obama administration and needs a serious wake-up call.

In short, I'm aggravated with the Iranian interrogation; however, more upset with the demeanor of our supposed "Brave" defending our Star Spangled Banner!!!
    Last edited by SeaLawyer; 02-12-2016 at 11:54 AM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaLawyer View Post
    I am nauseated over the Iranian propaganda in the recent incident with our Sailors:

http://www.navytimes.com/story/milit...navy/80186322/

However, I am infuriated by the actions of this same crew--regardless of orders--based on their oblivious disregard for our code of conduct.

As a former Combat Aircrewman, I know these SWIC folks go through SERE school and may want to take a refresher course on our CODE OF CONDUCT:

Code of Conduct for Members of the United States Armed Forces

I

I am an American, fighting in the forces which guard my country and our way of life. I am prepared to give my life in their defense.

II

I will never surrender of my own free will. If in command, I will never surrender the members of my command while they still have the means to resist.

III

If I am captured I will continue to resist by all means available. I will make every effort to escape and aid others to escape. I will accept neither parole nor special favors from the enemy.

IV

If I become a prisoner of war, I will keep faith with my fellow prisoners. I will give no information or take part in any action which might be harmful to my comrades. If I am senior, I will take command. If not, I will obey the lawful orders of those appointed over me and will back them up in every way.

V

When questioned, should I become a prisoner of war, I am required to give name, rank, service number and date of birth. I will evade answering further questions to the utmost of my ability. I will make no oral or written statements disloyal to my country and its allies or harmful to their cause.

VI

I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States of America.

1. I would have taken a bullet before I would have given in to their demands.

2. The gal in which they covered her hair with a burqa should have stood up and said: "Sorry... it's against MY religion."

3. Crying! Really??? Perhaps our Navy has gotten soft under the Obama administration and needs a serious wake-up call.

In short, I'm aggravated with the Iranian interrogation; however, more upset with the demeanor of our supposed "Brave" defending our Star Spangled Banner!!!
    To judge anyone put in that situation is ludicrous. Nobody knows how they will react. In congress with the code of conduct training we receive, we're also taught that you don't have to be confrontation just for the sake of it. Doing what those sailors did, in my opinion, was the only option. What else could they have done? As far as we know, they didn't give away any critical intel (which is the most important thing), nobody on either side did anything to escalate the situation, and all were released safely back to their families.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    To judge anyone put in that situation is ludicrous. Nobody knows how they will react. In congress with the code of conduct training we receive, we're also taught that you don't have to be confrontation just for the sake of it. Doing what those sailors did, in my opinion, was the only option. What else could they have done? As far as we know, they didn't give away any critical intel (which is the most important thing), nobody on either side did anything to escalate the situation, and all were released safely back to their families.
    You're as weak as Obama! The Code of Conduct is non-negotiable... at least when I was in. You're as pathetic as these Sailors they nationally aired!!! OPEN FIRE if they try to capture you!!!!

"... all were released safely back to their families"... with no honor! If one of those crewmembers were a family member of mine, I'd be ashamed!!!

~SeaLawyer (For Rusty Jones... Yes, all my awards were all earned on my Play Station and E-Box. You got me!)
    Last edited by SeaLawyer; 02-12-2016 at 11:46 AM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    You're as weak as Obama! The Code of Conduct is non-negotiable... at least when I was in. You're as pathetic as these Sailors they nationally aired!!! OPEN FIRE if they try to capture you!!!!

"... all were released safely back to their families"... with no honor! If one of those crewmembers were a family member of mine, I'd be ashamed!!!

~SeaLawyer (Three Air Medals; Two Bronze Stars; Combat Action Ribbon X5)
    There was no act of war. There was no gun fire. There was nothing the required being stupid about. You didn't really need to throw in your resume...as impressive as it is, it's irrelevant to the situation of these sailors.

You don't throw a punch when there's no fight and, in this situation, there was no fight.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Sure there was! They (Iran) threw a punch and we played dead! I'm disgusted with the Sailors from that incident knowing they could have totally reversed the situation. My resume is irrelevant perhaps but I would never disgrace the USA in the fashion these cowards did!!!

My son is 14 years old and plans on joining the Navy... even HE--at his age-- said he would never do such a thing as to be humiliated the way they were. Perhaps he's genetically brave but at least he has the moral and integral fortitude at his young age to know the difference between bravery and being a coward!!!
    Last edited by SeaLawyer; 02-11-2016 at 07:52 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    The crews did what they told to do, by the commander aboard the boat. Except crying.

He probably told the one female sailor to cover up, too. Also, he is the one that apologized.
    Theirs not to question why, theirs but to do and die, into the valley of spam, rode the Super Moderators

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UncaRastus View Post
    The crews did what they told to do, by the commander aboard the boat. Except crying.

He probably told the one female sailor to cover up, too. Also, he is the one that apologized.

AGAIN... COWARDLY!!! If you are sympathizing with them, I suspect--you too--are a Democrat!!!

There's a time and place for everything; however, laying down your pride--if you have any--is not one of them.

Iran has a reason to boast this disgusting incident and I blame the folks such as you for condoning it. SISSY!!!!

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    This whole thing stinks to high heaven. From the get go we were told everything from it was dual Mechanical failures, then dual commo failures, then dual GPS failures, Then someone screwed up loading the GPS, then they just plain got lost.

Whether or not they were hacked or it really was the perfect storm of Murphy's law in a Persian Gulf version of the Bermuda triangle, we can't be allowed to know..... But, What's more troubling is that the Obama administration were publicly praising the peace loving, benevolent Ayatollahs for releasing them .....EVEN as the Iranians were already posting propaganda pics of the "capture"!

My guess is that the Sailor in question had to have spoken with his chain of command or (even at the State Dept itself) that told him to go ahead and submit to being used in a propaganda video and gotten himself confused..... It's Either that or They SERIOUSLY need some more training ......

John Paul Jones must be rolling over in his grave!
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 02-12-2016 at 03:54 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    AGAIN... COWARDLY!!! If you are sympathizing with them, I suspect--you too--are a Democrat!!!
    This has to be the greatest thing I've ever heard here...LMFAO!!! You can't make this shit up.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Let's Thank God that's the worst thing that happened to her and she's home safe now. Because, she shouldn't have been there in the first place.

But, I'm honestly surprised that the Pentagon didn't take full advantage of this opportunity to spin some fantasy land Narrative about the lone Super Girl heroically overpowering her evil Jihadi captors and saving the day..... while all the men laid curled up in fetal positions, crying in the corner.

It could be a selling point for putting Chicks in SWCCs
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 02-12-2016 at 03:56 PM.