Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Progressive Parents Refuse To Tell Child Its Sex (Onion Article)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Progressive Parents Refuse To Tell Child Its Sex (Onion Article)

BERKELEY, CA—Citing a refusal to impose limiting social constructs on their offspring, parents Lucas Cady and Kat Loesel reported Monday they will not tell their 4-year-old, Quynn, whether the child is biologically male or female. "Who are Kat and I to say what sexual organs our kid possesses?" asked Loesel, who has dressed Quynn in dull gray smocks since birth and only allows the child to play with toy figures that have been neutered of any conventionally feminine or masculine characteristics. "We think it's important our child's frequent questions about girls and boys go unanswered so that Quynn can discover its true sex for itself." The couple also said that parents should be supportive of children who decide they do not have human genitalia at all.
    http://www.theonion.com/article/prog...-its-sex-18395
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Love The Onion. They do a great job of satirizing while still hitting the truth of how ridiculous a lot of shit is.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Yep, this article may be satire, but we all know that this shit is really happening in more households than we want to know about.

I'm not understanding the push for a "sexless" society here. As if being a man or a woman is such a horrible thing.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    My daughter is all about letting her baby deciding which way he is going to go. She frowned the first time I went up to be with them, and complained about the color of the clothes that I brought for him to wear.

It has been about 1 1/2 years since that thing came up. She has bought him a lot of clothes. Almost all of the clothing, it seems, either comes in pink or blue.

Yeah, my grandson Vince wears boy clothes, after all!

Christine brings him to babysitters that are Mennonites. It seems pretty funny when he starts raising hell, and he doesn't listen to either Christine, or my wife Angie, but when I tell him 'No", or 'Stop it', or "Vince, quit crying. Real men don't cry,', and it's as if magic just happened. Because he respects male authority. He listens to what I say, and he does what I tell him to do.

Christine should have been a bit more choosy when she picked out the babysitters, if she wanted Vince to not be thinking that he is a boy. Oh, he just listens when men speak? Hmmm ...

About a month ago, this cute little Mennonite girl came over for a playdate. Yeah, I know. Playdates at 16 months???

She had a doll, which Vince grabbed. He took his largest toy truck, and after placing the doll on the ground, he kept on running over that doll. Time and again.

Christine has bought him a bunch of neutral toys. I bought him a bunch of boy toys. Christine tried to give him some girl toys.

With no pressure from me, he picks the boy toys 60% of the time, the other 40% being the neutral toys. Blocks and stuff being the neutral toys.

The girl toys have been untouched. Zero. Zip. Nada.

The first word that he learned? Not mama. It was papa. When he was about 6 months old. Why? Not sure, but he seems to want Christine to bring a man into their lives.

Another thing. Christine believes in co sleeping with Vince. That is, until one morning she found her right nipple almost bitten through.

Nice wake up, eh!

Now she finally has a boyfriend. Vince and him have become almost inseparable.

How does she raise Vince? Without much negative happening to Vince, if he does something wrong. Or she was raising Vince that way. Until Christine woke him up, and he lay there for a couple of seconds, and then he punched her in the eye, because he didn't want to be awakened.

Now? He gets his bottom swatted, now and then, when he does something wrong.

He has learned to flirt with little girls. Not boys. He learned how to fist bump from me, last Christmas, and that is what he does with boys.

Without any instruction on whom to flirt with, and whom to fist bump with.

Well, he did run up to the TV, and tried to fist bump with Elmo, all afternoon, the first day that he knew how to do a fist bump.

I suppose the best way to raise kids is to let nature have its way. Everything will work out.

Next Christmas, I am thinking about getting Vince a Daisy BB gun. I think that he will be a little bit too young to be getting his first shotgun.
    Last edited by UncaRastus; 02-04-2016 at 04:54 PM.
    Theirs not to question why, theirs but to do and die, into the valley of spam, rode the Super Moderators

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    Yep, this article may be satire, but we all know that this shit is really happening in more households than we want to know about.

I'm not understanding the push for a "sexless" society here. As if being a man or a woman is such a horrible thing.
    I just had to shake my head at that.. and when looking up that story i found a similar one..

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...170824245.html

Just makes my blood boil..
    How is that not seen as child abuse?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I think that there's one important thing that people seem to forget when they encourage shit like this: if your child is heterosexual, but looks and behaves as if they're the opposite sex... well, your child is going to be a geneological dead end for your bloodline.

Afterall, we all want a woman who has Skoal in her mouth 24/7 and drives an F-350, right? Wrong.

So, despite women saying that they want a man who's sensitive, in touch with his "feminine side," and is secure enough in his masculinity to wear shit like THIS to bed; we all know that all of that is the ultimate Shit Test that many men will fail, and bitch when women don't want them. Why would someone want to set their son up for that?
    Last edited by Rusty Jones; 02-04-2016 at 08:05 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UncaRastus View Post

I suppose the best way to raise kids is to let nature have its way. Everything will work out.
    I agree keep the clean and make sure they are educated an most problems will solve themselves,

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    I just had to shake my head at that.. and when looking up that story i found a similar one..

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...170824245.html

Just makes my blood boil..
    How is that not seen as child abuse?
    Because it doesn't harm the child or anyone else, That is a requirement for something to be called abuse.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeKerriii View Post
    Because it doesn't harm the child or anyone else, That is a requirement for something to be called abuse.
    Right. It would be abuse if a child with a penis was raised as a boy, but it's not when they are raised in a manner that confuses them as to what they are. So tell your kids they can be boys or girls and that the genitals you have don't determine your sex/gender, because we wouldn't want kids to have an identity.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeKerriii View Post
    And when they consistently get picked on at school/day care, is that then child abuse?