Thread: SecNav now calling for coed training at bootcamp

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Blog Entries

SecNav now calling for coed training at bootcamp

Ray Mabus is determined to have all of the Marines to be trained at the same level. I was a DI. I know that the women in the USMC can not perform as well as the men in physical training. Will this mean that the standards must be brought down to accommodate female recruits?

Marine Corps boot camp, job titles to be gender neutral by April

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/stor...pril/78351756/

From the article, Marine Corps Times:

'The Marine Corps has been ordered to come up with a plan to make its enlisted entry-level training coed, and to make its job titles more gender-neutral following the recent move to open all military combat roles to women.

In a Jan. 1 memo to Marine Commandant Gen. Robert Neller, Navy Secretary Ray Mabus requested a "detailed plan" on how the service will fully integrate its boot camp and Officer Candidate School. The plan is due Jan. 15 and will be implemented by April 1, the memo states.

"The Department of the Navy's implementation plan must include gender integration of Marine Corps enlisted recruit training and officer candidate school," Mabus wrote. "In this submission, identify where, if anywhere, this training is already integrated, where it is separate, and specific steps that you will take to fully integrate these trainings."

In a second memo from Mabus to Neller on the same day, the SecNav directed the Marine Corps to conduct a full review of its military occupational specialty titles in an effort to ensure that they are gender neutral.'
    Theirs not to question why, theirs but to do and die, into the valley of spam, rode the Super Moderators

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    From what I understand, boot camp is to be integrated but men and women will still retain separate standards where appropriate (PFT for example). Integrated (coed) platoons won't be overly hard to manage but you will no longer have the entire platoon in the same squad bay.

I don't know if this will mean that MCRD San Diego will begin receiving female recruits and DI's or not.

Also, from the article that I see some people on social media already don't understand:

A Navy official said that the service received a similar memo pertaining to its MOS titles and descriptions. Mabus doesn't intend to require iconic titles like "infantryman," "rifleman" or "midshipman" to be changed ...
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    So does this mean we get that 'co-ed shower scene we saw in Starship troopers"???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    So does this mean we get that 'co-ed shower scene we saw in Starship troopers"???
    I figure one day ... way way way ... way in the future ...

Until then ... it is more likely to be something a bit more terrifying

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    I figure one day ... way way way ... way in the future ...

Until then ... it is more likely to be something a bit more terrifying

When I was a MEPS Classifier in the Navy, the processors used to hate me for giving all of the male DEPpers a Thursday shipping date.

Why did I do it? Because females could only ship M to W, so males who shipped on Thursdays were put in all-male divisions.

That's what I believed in.

In a co-ed environment, you can only push everyone as hard as you can push the females. Furthermore... the males won't get the profanity laced sexuality explicit verbal beatdowns that they can only get when there are no females around.

Doing this to the Marine Corps is just... interesting, to say the least.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    When I was a MEPS Classifier in the Navy, the processors used to hate me for giving all of the male DEPpers a Thursday shipping date.

Why did I do it? Because females could only ship M to W, so males who shipped on Thursdays were put in all-male divisions.

That's what I believed in.

In a co-ed environment, you can only push everyone as hard as you can push the females. Furthermore... the males won't get the profanity laced sexuality explicit verbal beatdowns that they can only get when there are no females around.

Doing this to the Marine Corps is just... interesting, to say the least.
    There is legit concern that some training (group PT) may suffer; you can only run the group to build cohesion as fast as the slowest person will allow (a long time ago I had a Plt Sgt explain that group PT isn't really meant as PT improvement but esprit d'corps events.) In Boot Camp & in the FMF, most of our PT improvement training came by breaking the unit (plt, company, BN whatever) into ability groups based on previous run times and then the person leading that group pushed them a bit more than they were comfortable ... but there is little improvement in a 3 mile run at a 6 min / mile pace for someone who can't sustain that pace for more than a couple hundred yards ... and no more training value in running a 10 min mile pace for those who already run at a 7 min pace.

As far as the profanity laced sexually explicit verbal beatdowns, my boot camp platoon had 3 Drill Instructors. The most junior of the three was the 'heavy' (always the bad guy.) Come to find out near the end of recruit training that he was a hard corps Mormon ... then realizing that he never really did use profanity ... just had a penchant for being able to yell and berate minus profanity and sexual comments ... eye opener. At OCS there was also one DI that I picked up on never using profanity etc. Turns out he was born again Christian. I still graduated as a Marine, was a fairly successful one and have had a good run as an officer ... so I don't think the training is necessarily going to suffer just because folks who were already making comments that are unprofessional may now have to tighten that stuff up even more because of a coed training environment.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    So exactly who is "Mabus" to undo 240 years of Marine Corps tradition? Inquiring minds want to know

http://www.nostradamus.org/mabus.html
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 01-11-2016 at 02:34 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    What I have heard from an impeccable source, is that Private Charles Whitman USMC and PFC Lee Harvey Oswald USMC have been reanimated from their graves.

The Zombie Sniper School for Reanimated Marines was started up a couple of years ago, as Mabus started to try to make the USMC politically correct.

Is there a connection between Mabus, sniping, and Dead Eyed Shooter reanimation?

We will have to wait to see.
    Theirs not to question why, theirs but to do and die, into the valley of spam, rode the Super Moderators