Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 198

Thread: Oregan Militia Takes Over National Wildlife Refuge, Federal Building.

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    965
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    If a US citizen joins ISIS (an international terrorist organization) then I think they become an appropriate military target. If the militia group opened fire on law enforcement or other people, then deadly force would be appropriate.

    However, please please please go back and read the post I replied to: preemptive military force against US citizens (even if they are ordered to leave and do not) is not something I am AT ALL in favor of.
    I think they will most likely walk, just as they did at the Bundy ranch. White men are allowed to act like terrorist with quite a bit of immunity. Witness the Fact that the leaders of this revolt have recently been involved in the same thing in the recent past and spent no time in Prison.

    They are in armed revolt against the US movement, and have chose to do so while armed armed, Harper's Ferry and the Civil war are adequate precedents for the use of military force against this kind of criminal. Insurrection and rebellion are crimes that specifically allow the use of military forces to quell. It is also much safer to innocent people for mitary forces with things like armored vehicles take these thugs into custody. For two reasons,They are less likely to shoot at regular Military forces than the police of FBI, and the engagement will be far more one sided if they do.

  2. #22
    Administrator Mjölnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    2,965
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeKerriii View Post
    I think they will most likely walk, just as they did at the Bundy ranch. White men are allowed to act like terrorist with quite a bit of immunity. Witness the Fact that the leaders of this revolt have recently been involved in the same thing in the recent past and spent no time in Prison.
    Yes, the Bundys have not been held accountable for cattle trespass on federal land or paying fees. It is disappointing.

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeKerriii View Post
    They are in armed revolt against the US movement, and have chose to do so while armed armed, Harper's Ferry and the Civil war are adequate precedents for the use of military force against this kind of criminal. Insurrection and rebellion are crimes that specifically allow the use of military forces to quell. It is also much safer to innocent people for mitary forces with things like armored vehicles take these thugs into custody. For two reasons,They are less likely to shoot at regular Military forces than the police of FBI, and the engagement will be far more one sided if they do.
    So essentially suspend their due process? Unlike Harper's Ferry, or Fort Sumter, they haven't shot anyone (yet). Once they do, then handle it like the war you think this is -- this is far from a war. However, as someone who has taken lives in up close proximity this is something I think cooler heads should strive to avoid.

    Personally I think the militia types are more likely to open fire against FBI & Law Enforcement than military. They are generally very supportive of the military and have a pretty big beef with FBI, BLM, ATF etc.
    Last edited by Mjölnir; 01-04-2016 at 07:14 PM.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    965
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    Yes, the Bundys have not been held accountable for cattle trespass on federal land or paying fees. It is disappointing.
    The threatening federal agents enforcing a court order with murder is a bit more serous than you think it is. Regrettably they were not arrested then, otherwise this would not have happened.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    So essentially suspend their due process? Unlike Harper's Ferry, or Fort Sumter, they haven't shot anyone (yet). Once they do, then handle it like the war you think this is -- this is far from a war. However, as someone who has taken lives in up close proximity this is something I think cooler heads should strive to avoid.
    Personally I think the militia types are more likely to open fire against FBI & Law Enforcement than military. They are generally very supportive of the military and have a pretty big beef with FBI, BLM, ATF etc.[/QUOTE] That is why you use the mitary instead of the law enforcement people that you advocate handle, They are less likely to shoot and of they do it is less likely that they will inflict casualties before they are stopped. They would be less likely to try to murder the members of a Mech Infantry Battalion than they would FBI agents, and be less capable of doing so. Looking down the barrel of a "Ma Deuce" is a great discouragement to foolishness.

    Due process was not ignored at Harper ferry. In the Civil a war the surrender agreement's short circuited due process but that was probably for the best.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Rainmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    on a Marl Road
    Posts
    3,882
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Why do the Feds even give a shit about a couple of cattle ranchers burning trash out on their own land in the middle of the desert anyway?

    How bout All these professional Black Lies Matter protestor/terrorists clogging up the Federal interstate Highway system?

    I think the National Guard should be called out, to run them over with a convoy of MRAPs the next time they pull that inconsiderate stunt.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Rainmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    on a Marl Road
    Posts
    3,882
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    We've got 30 million illegal aliens in the country and Mexican drug cartels crossing the southern border at will and the Feds are focused on collecting impact fees for a few cows accused of eating "gov't owned" shrubbery out in the middle of the Nevada desert?

    This logic sounds like Janet Reno and My people Holder at Waco. "We have to burn the children alive, it's for their own safety"!
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 01-04-2016 at 11:42 PM.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    965
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    Why do the Feds even give a shit about a couple of cattle ranchers burning trash out on their own land in the middle of the desert anyway?
    The burned up other people's land, They did so to cover up poaching on that land. Are you even trying?

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    759
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    To be fair the Hammond family has distance themselves from Bundy and his thugs... They have been sentenced and reportedly will report to prison today as schedule.

  8. #28
    Administrator Mjölnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    2,965
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunch View Post
    To be fair the Hammond family has distance themselves from Bundy and his thugs... They have been sentenced and reportedly will report to prison today as schedule.
    Yes. They seemed to have accepted that they were found guilty (not happy about it, and really not happy about the length of the sentence) and that they lost their case. To their credit, I heard an interview the father gave and said they planned on reporting for their sentence while still exercising the appeals process.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

  9. #29
    Senior Member Rainmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    on a Marl Road
    Posts
    3,882
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeKerriii View Post
    The burned up other people's land, They did so to cover up poaching on that land. Are you even trying?
    Who are these "other people"? They're arguing that It was a Controlled burn to take out invasive Juniper that chokes out the native grasses. So, clearly somebody's lying


    Quote Originally Posted by MikeKerriii View Post
    my kids at least had the option to say they were white or Asian,. But that is only one small piece of the puzzle not the whole.

    Now Mike, just for fun go to any search engine (google, bing etc.), and type in the following phrases, and then select images.....

    Happy American Couple

    Happy White American Couple

    American Business Owner

    . .....Judging from these results you get, let's see if you can't figure out what's going on?
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 01-05-2016 at 03:12 PM.

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    965
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    They're arguing that It was a Controlled burn to take out invasive Juniper that chokes out the native grasses. So, clearly somebody's lying
    The jury decided that they were lying, quite decisively. then the judge goofed and ignored the mandatory minimum sentence, One set by a Republican Congress, The District court fixed that error as the law required them to do.




    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    Now Mike, just for fun go to any search engine (google, bing etc.), and type in the following phrases, and then select images.....

    Happy American Couple

    Happy White American Couple

    American Business Owner

    . .....Judging from these results you get, let's see if you can't figure out what's going on?
    What is that grammatically correct babble supposed to mean? You don't seriously think a search like that is meaningful in any way do you?
    Last edited by MikeKerriii; 01-05-2016 at 04:45 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •