Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Marijuana

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    When I read his post, talking about legalizing these drugs to stick it to organized crime... I'm kinda curious about the effects on marijuana use. Sure, people who haven't tried it before because it was illegal will try it because they can without breaking any laws... so there'll be a boom in the beginning.

However, I also can't help but think that part of the appeal is the thrill someone gets from doing that's illegal. Do you think that making it legal will ultimately reduce use because of it?

When diplomatic relations with Cuba were restored, people were excited about Cuban cigars. Now that the novelty has worn off, no one gives a fuck about the nationality of cigars anymore.
    True, often in my HS when we had a speaker on the 'dangers of drug use", the speaker would mention that a lot of teens and college age young adults do get into drugs cause of the fact it IS illegal, so it's seen as them being rebellious..

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Sure. Both parties willing, it shouldn't matter. Of course trafficking would still have to be illegal.
    My thoughts exactly. The way i see it, there are 3 main key good points to legalizing Prostitution.
    1) the gals who DO it, will be safer as they are certified and licenced. Many don't report jons who rape them cause OF their illegal status.
    2) the johns will feel safer as well, cause to get/keep those licenses they know the gals are getting checked medically every quarter (or month)..
    3) While yes it won't weed out ALL trafficed gals, it WILL help to reduce them.

Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    Why are you saying that with the tone that you've caught me in a contradiction? You are off on a tangent, Mannix.
    I wasn't trying to come off sounding harsh.. Sorry.

PS What exactly is Mannix???? I keep seeing you use that phrase/word in relation to me.

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    @garhkal

Mannix is a private eye from a 1970s TV show.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mannix

It's what I've been calling you since you busted that fat lady who was scamming coupons at the fabric store.
    All behold that fancy strutting peacock, the bake sale diva...

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    @garhkal

Mannix is a private eye from a 1970s TV show.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mannix

It's what I've been calling you since you busted that fat lady who was scamming coupons at the fabric store.
    Ahh... Thanks. Guess i will take it as a compliment.