Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Marijuana

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Here's a study on brain damage, from using the more powerful kinds of marijuana:

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2...e-nerves-brain

And here's an article about the new shake and bake meth:

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-styl...ticle-1.397428

As to weed, I know a few dopers out here. It's hard not to know who does what in my little city. Those that favor doing some doobage, rather than being a tweaker, the difference is pretty obvious.

I have been here for almost 13 years. During those years, from what I have observed, the smokers, for the most part, are pretty much laid back individuals.

Those that choose to use meth are pretty much self destructive, and their physical appearances, over the past 13 years, have gone into a downslide. Their arms and faces look as if they have leprosy, from all of the tweaking that they do.

A few of the tweakers ended up in the 'residence' that I go to, to teach yoga. Their minds have certainly went from being normal, into paranoia, and in some cases, psychosis.

The rest of the meth addicts go to prison, as well as smokers. Out here, this town has a zero level of tolerance for any type of drug abuser, either smokers or methheads.

1st strike, probation. Second strike, prison.

The reefer guys usually get the message. Tweakers? Nope.

Getting smoke or getting meth are pretty much tied, for the users. It seems that getting into meth, for most, becomes their choice of getting high, just as blowing a j is the high of choice for the smokers.

There are a few crossovers, if their drug of choice is not available.

Coke users? For some reason, coke isn't used out here.

As to getting caught? The cops out here pull over a vehicle and find either bongs, and/or baggies of smoke. With the crank users, it is a bag, and/or a meth pipe. It seems that neither type of drug is that good at driving.

Why do they keep bongs or pipes, or the drugs in their cars? The only answer that I can come up with is that drugs make people stupid.
    Theirs not to question why, theirs but to do and die, into the valley of spam, rode the Super Moderators

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Double post
    Theirs not to question why, theirs but to do and die, into the valley of spam, rode the Super Moderators

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    I must have been tweaking on my mouse!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UncaRastus View Post
    Why do they keep bongs or pipes, or the drugs in their cars? The only answer that I can come up with is that drugs make people stupid.
    Yep, and of course that only happens with drugs. You never find people with illegal guns or open alcohol containers in a car. Good thing it's only drugs that make people stupid.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    Meth labs are dangerous and I sure as hell wouldn't want one in an apartment building.

The damn things are prone to exploding and some of the chemicals they use can produce deadly gases.

Heck, I wouldn't want a moonshine still in an apartment building either.
    I'm just playing devil's advocate here (I am NOT for legalizing meth or meth labs), but SJ's argument is based on personal use of private property. In the scenario of the apartment building, no meth labs would be landlord policy. Of course, using SJ's argument... you can't stop a homeowner from running a meth lab on their property if we can't stop someone from growing cannabis in their backyard.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    I'm just playing devil's advocate here (I am NOT for legalizing meth or meth labs), but SJ's argument is based on personal use of private property. In the scenario of the apartment building, no meth labs would be landlord policy. Of course, using SJ's argument... you can't stop a homeowner from running a meth lab on their property if we can't stop someone from growing cannabis in their backyard.
    That's exactly my argument, though growing a plant presents nowhere near the same danger that a meth lab offers.

Full disclosure, my only knowledge of meth lab operations is based off of "Breaking Bad". My main argument is that pot is no more dangerous or harmful than alcohol is, and far less dangerous to a persons health than cigarettes are.

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    I understood you were playing devil's advocate, I was expanding on the idea.

I think it is dangerous to have a meth lab in a single family home too.

I sure as hell wouldn't want one next door to me.

Although I wouldn't be worried about a few pot plants growing next door to me, I do think it should be regulated to some degree.

It isn't like we are talking about growing tomato plants and bell peppers.

Although there are home owner associations that prohibit that too.
    All behold that fancy strutting peacock, the bake sale diva...

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    This isn't a serious idea, but I do wonder how it would effect drug use and attitudes about drug use.

What if the government set up hard drug use zones inside cities?

Or drug colonies were heavy drugs are free?

A person is free to enter and do all the drugs they want, for as long as they want.

But the only way to leave is to go through detox and treatment. Then they have to serve a one year tour as a guard or sanitation person at the colony.

I just wonder what percentage of people would keep doing drugs until it killed them, and how many would rehabilitate themselves?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    This isn't a serious idea, but I do wonder how it would effect drug use and attitudes about drug use.

What if the government set up hard drug use zones inside cities?

Or drug colonies were heavy drugs are free?

A person is free to enter and do all the drugs they want, for as long as they want.

But the only way to leave is to go through detox and treatment. Then they have to serve a one year tour as a guard or sanitation person at the colony.

I just wonder what percentage of people would keep doing drugs until it killed them, and how many would rehabilitate themselves?
    Well, if things go south you could always send in Plissken ... Snake Plissken.

Last edited by Mjölnir; 11-28-2015 at 03:15 PM.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    Well, if things go south you could always send in Plissken ... Snake Plissken.

I remember that movie, but I was thinking more along the lines of the Pleasure Island scene from Pinocchio.

You know, where they turn into donkeys.