Thread: Interesting immigration stats

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Interesting immigration stats

http://money.cnn.com/2015/11/19/news...ing/index.html

Finally, politicians figured out how to fix the immigration problem. Screw up the country and the economy so much that people are better off heading south.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    http://money.cnn.com/2015/11/19/news...ing/index.html

Finally, politicians figured out how to fix the immigration problem. Screw up the country and the economy so much that people are better off heading south.
    A lot of people are joking that this is a sign that Trump will be president.

Remember, though, these stats aren't just the people who left voluntarily. This also includes deported illegals.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    A lot of people are joking that this is a sign that Trump will be president.
    I would think this would hurt Trump, showing a decline in numbers under the current plan. I mean, I suppose he could use it to slam the economy, but I see it as a no win for him, since cutting down the number, according to him, is a big part of helping the economy.

Remember, though, these stats aren't just the people who left voluntarily. This also includes deported illegals.
    Right. But just the fact that some stated that they would be better off in Mexico because of the poor economy is interesting. I am curious, though, as to how they track the "undocumented". It seems like it's very similar to unemployment numbers. The ones who are no longer looking for work aren't part of the statistics.