Thread: Laser pointers into plane/helo cockpits

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Laser pointers into plane/helo cockpits

What do you all think should happen to those caught shining a laser pointer into the cockpits of planes or helos?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    What do you all think should happen to those caught shining a laser pointer into the cockpits of planes or helos?
    The three step process of arrest trial then Jail for a few years seems about right. Those endangering the lives of other just for "shits and giggles" should not be walking the streets.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I am just wondering, should the charges be more serious, since they COULD kill everyone on the plane (or helo) if by blinding the pilot, it crashes.. So should it be closer to attempted manslaughter?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Since the offenders know that laser shining can cause blindness, and that they try to light up a pilot and copilot, which could end up with the aeroplane crashing and killing everybody on board (if everything goes to plan), it seems to me that they could be charged with attempted murder, with malice aforethought.

But then again, I am not a lawyer.
    Theirs not to question why, theirs but to do and die, into the valley of spam, rode the Super Moderators

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UncaRastus View Post
    Since the offenders know that laser shining can cause blindness, and that they try to light up a pilot and copilot, which could end up with the aeroplane crashing and killing everybody on board (if everything goes to plan), it seems to me that they could be charged with attempted murder, with malice aforethought.

But then again, I am not a lawyer.
    I was going with manslaughter as a lead up to potentially murder charges..