Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soldier in suicide bomber costume causes emergency response on Fort Bragg

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Soldier in suicide bomber costume causes emergency response on Fort Bragg

FORT BRAGG, N.C. (WTVD) --
    A soldier dressed as a suicide bomber for Halloween caused an emergency response on Fort Bragg, officials said Saturday evening.

The incident happened on Friday night at an access control point, according to a Facebook post sent out by public affairs.

It's unclear which gate the soldier tried to enter, but officials say he was dressed in a simulated explosive vest. An emergency response was put into place, with officials clearing the scene and closing the gate for an extended period of time.

Although post officials believe the soldier was dressed as suicide bomber for Halloween, the incident remains under investigation.

It has also prompted a warning to active duty personnel and their families.

"The Fort Bragg Garrison Commander wants the community to have a safe and fun Halloween; however costumes of this sort are not allowed on Fort Bragg," a statement read. "All costumes should be appropriate in dress and tasteful."

Stick with something tasteful...and something slutty for the Misses
    The Voice of Reason

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bos Mutus View Post
    Stick with something tasteful...and something slutty for the Misses[/B]
    I think this is a thread is begging for photos of women in slutty Halloween costumes. Nomsayin?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    What the heck was this soldier thinking? Obviously he WASN'T!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    We had a kid show up, dressed as a suicide bomber. He wasn't that young, and he had a sign on his chest, asking where the 72 virgins were? My wife replied with, "The quran doesn't say that they have to be women. Or humans."

We had another kid that was wearing the mask from the movie 'V is for Vendetta', which is also worn by the group of Anonymous dudes and dudettes.

I asked him which he was representing, and he was all kinds of confused, then he said that his dad wears the mask, now and then.

Oh my. I guess that I will be calling the appearance of such masks, 'Vendetamous' sightings.

Vendetamous.jpg
    Theirs not to question why, theirs but to do and die, into the valley of spam, rode the Super Moderators

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UncaRastus View Post
    We had another kid that was wearing the mask from the movie 'V is for Vendetta', which is also worn by the group of Anonymous dudes and dudettes.

That mask i can actually understand seeing someone wear.. BUT a suicide vest??

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Garhkal, my wife almost didn't give the suicide vested kid any candy. Then she realized that in this town, if you withhold during Halloween, the house and car and truck become easy targets for egg throwing, later on that night.

The police department just says that kids will be kids. Since we moved out here, about 11 years ago, this small city has been held hostage to these kids demands, come trick or treating time.

A couple of years ago, we did the candy thing, and my pickup truck still got egged. I suppose that the kids got tired of egging just candy Nazis, and just let fly at whatever they wanted.

Next year, I am going to camouflage myself, and just wait and watch, to see whoever it is that eggs my neighbors house (which happens every year). Then I shall tell my neighbor whichever vehicle is being used, and wait to see what happens next.

Maybe I will just set up a security camera.

Or maybe I will rig up an Egg Shooting Device, and have at them. The only way that this could work is if I hard boil the eggs, first.

Then I could tell the police that I have a childish streak in me, and just as they have said, "Kids will be kids!"

Since I am working on the Egg Projectile Thrower, I have noticed that if I put the hard boiled eggs back into their carton, then send them downrange, my device more copies the beehive rounds fired from 105 howitzers, during the Vietnam War.

Since this method delivers a trick, while also providing treats, I have called it 'The Trickster'. Or maybe the 'Treater', depending on whether they are being pelted by these hard boiled eggs, or if they are eating the hard boiled eggs, either way, it will be very satisfying to use this device.

Maybe I will just call it my 'TnT' gun.

I am not sure if this legal. Do you want to come on out here next year? I will let you do the firing of this device. As a matter of fact, I will gift it to you! Make sure that you handle the gun all over, before you light it off. There's nothing like having your DNA put on the gun, with your very own fingerprints, to gain ownership of such a nice piece of craftsmanship!

See you next Halloween, Garhkal!
    Theirs not to question why, theirs but to do and die, into the valley of spam, rode the Super Moderators

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Garhkal, my wife almost didn't give the suicide vested kid any candy. Then she realized that in this town, if you withhold during Halloween, the house and car and truck become easy targets for egg throwing, later on that night.

The police department just says that kids will be kids. Since we moved out here, about 11 years ago, this small city has been held hostage to these kids demands, come trick or treating time.

A couple of years ago, we did the candy thing, and my pickup truck still got egged. I suppose that the kids got tired of egging just candy Nazis, and just let fly at whatever they wanted.

Next year, I am going to camouflage myself, and just wait and watch, to see whoever it is that eggs my neighbors house (which happens every year). Then I shall tell my neighbor whichever vehicle is being used, and wait to see what happens next.

Or maybe I will rig up an Egg Shooting Device, and have at them. The only way that this could work is if I hard boil the eggs, first.

Then I could tell the police that I have a childish streak in me, and just as they have said, "Kids will be kids!"

Since I am working on the Egg Projectile Thrower, I have noticed that if I put the hard boiled eggs back into their carton, then send them downrange, my device more copies the beehive rounds fired from 105 howitzers, during the Vietnam War.

Since this method delivers a trick, while also providing treats, I have called it 'The Trickster'. Or maybe the 'Treater', depending on whether they are being pelted by these hard boiled eggs, or if they are eating the hard boiled eggs, either way, it will be very satisfying to use this device.

I am not sure if this legal. Do you want to come on out here next year? I will let you do the firing of this device. As a matter of fact, I will gift it to you! Make sure that you handle the gun all over, before you light it off. There's nothing like having your DNA put on the gun, with your very own fingerprints, to gain ownership of such a nice piece of craftsmanship!

It is interesting to me how, even in the U.S. Halloween traditions vary greatly.

Where I grew up in N.J., we had a thing we called "Mischief Night". It was the night before Halloween...and kids would go around doing little deeds of mischief, usally like soaping windowns or TPing houses...maybe some egging. Some would get more carried away..the flaming poop bag on the doorstep, or even heard of pouring Coke on someone's car which is especially nasty. 99% of it was pretty harmless though.

Us kids weren't allowed out on Mischief night...but we'd say up peeking out the windows to see if anyone came by, and get up early on Halloween to survey the damage...some neighbors would go so far as hiding in the bushes with the hose and drench anyone coming by their house. Oct 30th was sometimes pretty cold in NJ.

Anyway, I've never really seen that tradition anywhere else in the country I've been...and when I mention it, most people don't know what I'm talking about.

The other thing we did back home...was we would trick-or-treat during the daytime...all day if Halloween was on a Saturday like this year...there would be kids all over the place doing it....and into the night. Where I live now, no one comes trick-or-treating until dark...zero, nada, zilch.
    The Voice of Reason

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    We had a kid show up, dressed as a suicide bomber. He wasn't that young, and he had a sign on his chest, asking where the 72 virgins were? My wife replied with, "The quran doesn't say that they have to be women. Or humans."

I asked him which he was representing, and he was all kinds of confused, then he said that his dad wears the mask, now and then.

Oh my. I guess that I will be calling the appearance of such masks, 'Vendetamous' sightings.

Vendetamous.jpg
    That's not the kind of picture I was looking for Uncle. You can't even see her Boobs.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Sorry, Rainmaker! Here are a couple of boobies. I never knew that you liked birds so much. A booby is a sea bird, in the genus Sula:

Boobies.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'll watch for your names in the paper next year!