Anonymous intends to unveil names of up to 1,000 Ku Klux Klan members

[quote]
    The so-called
    The Voice of Reason

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    [QUOTE=Bos Mutus;359200]
    The so-called
    Cropped. Read for yourself here: http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2015/10/...?intcmp=hplnws
    The Voice of Reason

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Earlier this year iirc 20/20 did an expose on this group, and showed just how many people in the states supports their illegal activities by letting Annonymous use their PCs to join in their hacks overnight while the owner sleeps.. IMO those who DO let their PC get used should get charged with being accomplices..

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    Earlier this year iirc 20/20 did an expose on this group, and showed just how many people in the states supports their illegal activities by letting Annonymous use their PCs to join in their hacks overnight while the owner sleeps.. IMO those who DO let their PC get used should get charged with being accomplices..
    The ways that robot/zombie PC are access would make in nearly impossible to get enough evidence to make an arrest or s get an indictment much less a conviction. You have top prove that the PC owner KNEW that his machine was being used to commit a crime, not just that it was reasonable to assume so.

And Anon is unlikely to be a target of the kind of operation need to take them down because too much of what they do is approved of by the general pubic, It is very hard t get a conviction when much of the jury thinks the victim "had it coming" as in the case of the KKK, Short of murder whatever you want to do against an organization like the KKK, or the WBC (another target) is more likely to get pubic approval that disapproval, no matter what the law says.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeKerriii View Post
    The ways that robot/zombie PC are access would make in nearly impossible to get enough evidence to make an arrest or s get an indictment much less a conviction. You have top prove that the PC owner KNEW that his machine was being used to commit a crime, not just that it was reasonable to assume so.
    That i can see.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeKerriii View Post
    And Anon is unlikely to be a target of the kind of operation need to take them down because too much of what they do is approved of by the general pubic, It is very hard t get a conviction when much of the jury thinks the victim "had it coming" as in the case of the KKK, Short of murder whatever you want to do against an organization like the KKK, or the WBC (another target) is more likely to get pubic approval that disapproval, no matter what the law says.
    But this i can't. It almost sounds like Mob rule. Just cause some in the Public may want it to happen does not make it right or legal.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    That i can see.

But this i can't. It almost sounds like Mob rule. Just cause some in the Public may want it to happen does not make it right or legal.
    You sound like you don't want it to happen. As if you've got a personal stake in the matter, or know someone who does.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    For the record, I disagreed with their hacking of Ashley Madison. Mostly, because they sought to enforce marital fidelity, which is something that needs to be handled between the spouses.

However... this is a bit different. If there's a white physician who's a member of the KKK, and he's performing surgeries on black patients... you might want to know that. Police officers, teachers, restaurant owners, judges, mayors, and so many others... those are things that they public has the right to now.

IMO, supporting a law "just because it's the law" is less about respect for the law, and more about agreeing with what the law is doing or not doing in a particular case.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I'm surprised to find out that the KKK has that many members.

@Rusty Jones

I would be floored to find out that they have surgeons in their ranks. With the amount of education and exposure to the outside world a person needs to become a surgeon, I think it would highly unlikely that they could maintain the same viewpoint of the KKK all the way through college, medical school, and residency.

At its peak membership in the 1920s the KKK had 4 million members, but that number plunged in the decades since. I see them as a relic of the past that appeals to people who are culturally isolated, i.e., very back-woodsy types with little education.

In regards to the FBI going after Annonymous, they have already demonstrated that they can infiltrate and prosecute them very easily.

Just look at what the FBI did to them in 2010-2011.

Another thing to consider, many times Annonymous's hacking claims turn out to be false. They often post publicly available information and claim they hacked it.
    Last edited by Absinthe Anecdote; 10-30-2015 at 06:36 PM.
    All behold that fancy strutting peacock, the bake sale diva...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    That i can see.

It is kind of like a Robin Hood deal or vigilante, I guess.

Criminal, yes...but, attacking bad guys.

I could see "Anonymous" being a good movie...the new Death Wish.
    The Voice of Reason

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    You sound like you don't want it to happen. As if you've got a personal stake in the matter, or know someone who does.
    Naw, Mannix doesn't roll that way.

He is just a stickler for rules, regulations and ordinances.
    All behold that fancy strutting peacock, the bake sale diva...