Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amish man sues to buy firearm without photo ID in gun rights, religious freedom lawsu

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    If this guy wants to buy a gun, why doesn't he go ahead and buggy on down to the nearest gun show? I have seen many a transaction without ID being required. No background checks, nothing.

Is he trying to make sure that there will be a precedent for other people to be able to get guns without picture ID, people to get driver's licenses without having their picture taken, or the worst of all, what if anyone can get a library card, without having to show a picture ID?

I mean adult library cards. I believe that this fellow is also trying to get an adult library card without presenting a picture ID, so that he can read '50 Shades of Gray', without having it blabbed about and his picture shown from his ID in the very popular Amish weekly, "What doest thee, Brother'. A nice Amish shame and shun tabloid, if you ask me.

Anyone below driver's license or permit age has to get their folks to show up to get their kiddy card. Or at least they should. I would hate to hear that some kid snuck off with a copy of the Highlight magazine, or a Hardy Boys book, or even a Bobbsey Twins book, just because the parent/foster parent/guardian/representative of his or her reformatory not showing up to sign up their child for a library card.

I think that I shall present myself at my town's library, to be their security guard. Complete with my favorite scatter gun. I might even rig some claymores outside of the library, just in case some kid sneaks by me.

Can't be too careful, you know.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bos Mutus View Post
    So, is your opinion that this Amish guy does not get to purchase a firearm or vote?
    More that i was saying if the liberals want to keep pushing for the ID needed for ONE of the 2, then by logic, they should support an ID for the other..

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    More that i was saying if the liberals want to keep pushing for the ID needed for ONE of the 2, then by logic, they should support an ID for the other..
    So, by extension, would you agree that if conservatives push for no ID for gun purchase, they should also push for no ID for voting?
    The Voice of Reason

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    So, by extension, would you agree that if conservatives push for no ID for gun purchase, they should also push for no ID for voting?
    You'd better quit screwing with Mannix like that. He judo chopped a fat lady for hogging a mobility scooter last month.

I'd hate to see him twist you up like a pretzel for cracking wise.
    All behold that fancy strutting peacock, the bake sale diva...

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Indeed i would. Though i personally would rather it be yes to both.