Thread: Gen John Kelly to Retire

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Gen John Kelly to Retire

Marine Corps Times: http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/stor...tire/74541404/

Marine Corps Gen. John Kelly, one of the U.S. military's longest serving commanders and the most senior officer since 9/11 to lose a child in combat, will retire later this year.

The White House intends to nominate Navy Vice Adm. Kurt Tidd to replace Kelly as head of U.S. Southern Command in Miami, a senior Defense Department official confirmed for Military Times. Tidd's nomination and Kelly's expected retirement were first reported by the Miami Herald.

BT BT

I shook GEN Kelly's hand once and heard him give an address to an infantry gathering, the man is direct, no bullshit and not one to shirk from an issue. I left feeling like I could take on the world.

I served for VADM Tidd during my first Navy deployment, a very, VERY intelligent Naval officer & gentleman.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    Marine Corps Times: http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/stor...tire/74541404/

Marine Corps Gen. John Kelly, one of the U.S. military's longest serving commanders and the most senior officer since 9/11 to lose a child in combat, will retire later this year.

The White House intends to nominate Navy Vice Adm. Kurt Tidd to replace Kelly as head of U.S. Southern Command in Miami, a senior Defense Department official confirmed for Military Times. Tidd's nomination and Kelly's expected retirement were first reported by the Miami Herald.

BT BT

I shook GEN Kelly's hand once and heard him give an address to an infantry gathering, the man is direct, no bullshit and not one to shirk from an issue. I left feeling like I could take on the world.

I served for VADM Tidd during my first Navy deployment, a very, VERY intelligent Naval officer & gentleman.
    General John Kelly. He's one of those squared away ones....