Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miley Cyrus song crashes Air Force pilots' careers

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Miley Cyrus song crashes Air Force pilots' careers

[quote]
    The next time you want to send your buddies a joke text message, remember that it could end your career.
    Three
    instructor pilots at Laughlin Air Force Base, Texas, are facing the end
    of their Air Force careers after investigators searched their personal
    cellphones and found mentions of the word
    The Voice of Reason

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Cropped again...but this case sounds like flat out bullshit of a railroad job.

http://www.airforcetimes.com/story/m...ages/73862296/

[quote]
    Both Hunter and Kinzinger left the meeting confident that Welsh will
    Last edited by Bos Mutus; 10-22-2015 at 11:56 PM.
    The Voice of Reason

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Since from what i read it seems they were using their OWN cell phones, how did the 'text messages' even get seen?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    Since from what i read it seems they were using their OWN cell phones, how did the 'text messages' even get seen?
    According to the article...another pilot was being investigated for something completely unrelated....during that investigation they linked some text messages to these guys that had references to "Molly"--a street name for a party drug....but also some Miley Cyrus lyrics...OSI Fife went off "we got us some druggies, Andy"

Then some illegal searches of their phones were done to find some more sinister-sounding references....druggies, no doubt.

Except they all passed an investigatory drug test....so, instead of dropping it like a reasonable person might, the commander wasn't gonna be nobody's fool...least of all these smart ass hippies with their fancy schmancy devil-phones...so, he decided to reprimand them for unprofessional texting...

yes...texting unprofessionally on their private cell phones.....I mean we can't have pilots texting Miley Cyrus lyrics and party jokes to their friends...think of the breakdown in good order and discipline that might cause

hope their CC gets his own reprimand for social ineptitude and poor judgement in dealing with people's lives and careers....would love to be a fly on the wall when he has to stand at attention and explain this idiocy to the CSAF and learn that he will never command again

Miley-Cyrus-lyrics-threaten-Air-Force-pilots-careers.jpg
    Last edited by Bos Mutus; 10-23-2015 at 02:18 PM.
    The Voice of Reason

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Bos,

You explained it all when you said "smart ass hippies with their fancy schmancy devil-phones."

Can't be having that, yo!

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bos Mutus View Post
    According to the article...another pilot was being investigated for something completely unrelated....during that investigation they linked some text messages to these guys that had references to "Molly"--a street name for a party drug....but also some Miley Cyrus lyrics...OSI Fife went off "we got us some druggies, Andy"

Then some illegal searches of their phones were done to find some more sinister-sounding references....druggies, no doubt.

Except they all passed an investigatory drug test....so, instead of dropping it like a reasonable person might, the commander wasn't gonna be nobody's fool...least of all these smart ass hippies with their fancy schmancy devil-phones...so, he decided to reprimand them for unprofessional texting...

yes...texting unprofessionally on their private cell phones.....I mean we can't have pilots texting Miley Cyrus lyrics and party jokes to their friends...think of the breakdown in good order and discipline that might cause

hope their CC gets his own reprimand for social ineptitude and poor judgement in dealing with people's lives and careers....would love to be a fly on the wall when he has to stand at attention and explain this idiocy to the CSAF and learn that he will never command again

Miley-Cyrus-lyrics-threaten-Air-Force-pilots-careers.jpg
    That is the chuckle of the day! It narrowly beat out a direct message that I got on Twitter from someone with the handle of Protestant Work Ethic who told me, "laziness is the killer of time."

That might be true, but since I had no idea who this person was, it prompted me to reply with my favorite Protestant joke.

"I don't like England. It is cold, wet and full of Protestants."

I suspect it was one of my cousins, but sounded kind of Rainmakerish, despite Saint Pius X not being a Protestant.

I'm pretty sure Rainmaker used the phrase "Protestant work ethic" recently, or am I mistaken?
    All behold that fancy strutting peacock, the bake sale diva...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    That is the chuckle of the day! It narrowly beat out a direct message that I got on Twitter from someone with the handle of Protestant Work Ethic who told me, "laziness is the killer of time."

That might be true, but since I had no idea who this person was, it prompted me to reply with my favorite Protestant joke.

"I don't like England. It is cold, wet and full of Protestants."

I suspect it was one of my cousins, but sounded kind of Rainmakerish, despite Saint Pius X not being a Protestant.

I'm pretty sure Rainmaker used the phrase "Protestant work ethic" recently, or am I mistaken?
    You are not mistaken

Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    Does anyone know if Joann's Fabrics takes SNAP?

There once was a time when people would be ashamed to participate in such sloth. Then the Commie traitors turned the concept of Protestant Work Ethic into the concept of White Privilege.
    Must be the new Term du Jour in whackytown. Wouldn't be surprised if Mike Huckabee uses it in the next debate.
    Last edited by Bos Mutus; 10-23-2015 at 04:01 PM.
    The Voice of Reason

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    SO an illegal search of private phones pulled something up the CC didn't like and they got reprimanded for it.. Sounds definitely like that CC needs to get punished..

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    SO an illegal search of private phones pulled something up the CC didn't like and they got reprimanded for it.. Sounds definitely like that CC needs to get punished..
    I agree Mannix, the important thing is that someone gets punished.

Those OSI investigators could have used a guy like you on this case.

The way you busted the mobility scooter bandit and ended her career of fleecing VIP coupons is legendary.
    Last edited by Absinthe Anecdote; 10-24-2015 at 02:36 PM.
    All behold that fancy strutting peacock, the bake sale diva...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Welsh is tap-dancing around trying to make the thug commander look justified, I don't think that the Congressmen invoked are buying it. Welsh now says anything you say in public or private, no matter who to is something you can be charged with the John Q Public site has a lot on this.