Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are animals so dumb?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    Because, not all primates were the same. The rhesus monkey's are the ones that were chosen to be taught to farm by the annunaki and later became the Summerians.

If you have RH positive blood type (85%+ of us), then you are descended from these guys.

http://www.livescience.com/1411-monk...-ancestor.html
    Read the the article again. It didn't say ANY of this stuff.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    I largely answered this in my post when I said that the conditions need to line up for a species to start farming and radically change their social dynamics to allow for the development of more complex forms of technology.

Again, more than a simple need must exist for a species to develop technology. Other conditions must also be present.

I'm sure you can come up with a list of an animal would need to harness and control fire. From there, you'll need a another list of what physical attributes they'd need to forge metals.
    So, in all of history, only humans have had these things line up, I guess? I think if human brains were in dolphin bodies...we'd still have built some shit

Religion was part of human development and it aided us in earlier times, but it is something that needs to be discarded or at least diminished in its role in our social interactions.

I have hope because that is happening. The last major religion that is being disruptive to human development is Islam.

It needs to be marginalized like Chirstainity was for human progress to continue.
    I'm more of the mind that it isn't necessarily religion that causes these problems...religion is just a convenient tool for power-hungry, evil people. If religion were abolished then it would be something else...nationalism maybe, that one seems to work pretty well, too.
    The Voice of Reason

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bos Mutus View Post
    Yes, I'm aware of that.

...but, they haven't developed even the simplest thing...build a fire to keep warm, make an arrowhead to hunt or fight enemies....thousands of years of seeing us do it and maybe even been slaughtered by us with weapons and not so much as an attempt from them to improve their odds.

Seems strange to me considering how long we've been doing it, that's all.
    There was a video I watched on youtube a few years back. Someone put a realistic looking stuffed leopard near where a group of chimpanzees lived. At first, they were scared... but then they worked up the courage to check it out. A few of them grabbed a stick and tried to whack it. But you should have seen how pathetic it looked, as none of them were even able to land a clean hit. If a chimp isn't even capable of that type of accuracy and precision, how do you expect them to make arrowheads or fire?
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Yes, I'm aware of that.

...but, they haven't developed even the simplest thing...build a fire to keep warm, make an arrowhead to hunt or fight enemies....thousands of years of seeing us do it and maybe even been slaughtered by us with weapons and not so much as an attempt from them to improve their odds.

Seems strange to me considering how long we've been doing it, that's all.
    I would challenge your claim that higher primates have been watching humans for thousands of years.

I'd say that they have lived in isolation for most of modern human existence. Wild primates don't usually have much contact with humans.

Captive apes and chimps certainly have changed in their time with humans. There are captive chimps that drink wine and smoke cigarettes.

There are apes that can use sign language and paint pictures.

Heck, I've seen captive Indian elephants solving basic math problems and painting pictures in Thailand.

Are these just tricks or stunts? Probably, but there is a capability for innovation adaptation in other animals.

I don't think humans have a monopoly on innovation.
    All behold that fancy strutting peacock, the bake sale diva...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    None of you have watched '2001: A Space Odyssey?

That movie explains everything, at the beginning.

Watch it. But read the book, first. The movie can be a bit mysterious, if one hasn't read the book. Or go to the following site, where the Prophet Kubrick explains the evolution of mankind, including a view into the future, which is directly related to the Book of Revelations, because Prophet Kubrick knows all:

http://www.kubrick2001.com/

I do have a smaller sized Black Obelisk, which I pay obeisance to. That is only natural.

I shall say no more.
    Last edited by UncaRastus; 10-20-2015 at 04:25 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    There was a video I watched on youtube a few years back. Someone put a realistic looking stuffed leopard near where a group of chimpanzees lived. At first, they were scared... but then they worked up the courage to check it out. A few of them grabbed a stick and tried to whack it. But you should have seen how pathetic it looked, as none of them were even able to land a clean hit. If a chimp isn't even capable of that type of accuracy and precision, how do you expect them to make arrowheads or fire?
    Adapt and overcome. That's what tools are for...they help us accomplish tasks that we are biologically incapable of doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    I would challenge your claim that higher primates have been watching humans for thousands of years.

I'd say that they have lived in isolation for most of modern human existence. Wild primates don't usually have much contact with humans.

Captive apes and chimps certainly have changed in their time with humans. There are captive chimps that drink wine and smoke cigarettes.

There are apes that can use sign language and paint pictures.

Heck, I've seen captive Indian elephants solving basic math problems and painting pictures in Thailand.

Are these just tricks or stunts? Probably, but there is a capability for innovation adaptation in other animals.

I don't think humans have a monopoly on innovation.
    They've learned some tricks...that's about it.
    Last edited by Bos Mutus; 10-20-2015 at 04:17 PM.
    The Voice of Reason

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Read the the article again. It didn't say ANY of this stuff.
    Rusty, You can't believe everything you read on the internet.

That's what the "R" in RH stands for (Rhesus Monkey). It's a protein. If you're positive you have it (the protein). If negative you don't.

If the Mother is RH Negative and gets pregnant with someone who's RH positive, she has to have a shot or her body will attack the fetus. Same thing as when you try to mate a Donkey with a Horse.

The RH negative is the blood type of the original humans. O- (universal donor) is the first blood type on Earth. RH Neg, It's not a mutation, But, it's going extinct.

Blood type AB and RH positive appeared during the Neanderthal divergence period, When the Annunake first taught the Rhesus Monkeys how to grow Chick peas.

Rainmaker has studied this extensively. In-fact when I began training with Oracle at Gibtown , the first thing he did was give me a blood test to make sure I was RH Negative. He said Something about Most of the Royalty and Jesus (Isa), MLK and Lenny Kravits all being RH Negative.
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 10-20-2015 at 04:25 PM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I saw some film footage of a chimp battle between two wild groups of chimps. They where throwing stones and tree limbs at each other.

It was as you say, wildly inaccurate.

They have the cognitive ability to recognize that hurling a projectile would be effective but not the manual dexterity to do it with any skill.

I think another thing that might be confusing many Creationists is that he thinks modern apes are analogous to the primates that humans evolved from.

They are not!

Humans evolved from an earlier line of hominids that are now extinct, that had different hands and feet.

Humans did not evolve from modern apes. The notion that humans evolved from modern apes is a misinformed view of evolution.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Why haven't other animals develop any technology? Necessity, or rather, the lack thereof. They have evolved to fit their environment. With a few exceptions, humans are the only species that alter their environment to fit them. While this has arrested the process of natural selection, it is also the reason that we have develop greater and greater technology. As our environment changes, we develop more technology to keep the process arrested. This only gives rise to more problems and alterations to the environment. As such, we develop more tech to combat it. The cycle feeds itself.

Since most animals do not alter their environment due to being fully subject to it, they will never develop anything that resembles even the simplest of human technology. This however does not preclude their ability to do so. There are many animals that do things that would be considered human-type activity. The leaf-cutter ants eat a fungus that grows deep in the ground need the roots of the tree that they live by. They cull the tree for its leaves to feed the fungus that they eat. There are ants that drink the excretions of aphids and treat them like we treat cattle. They actually "drive" the aphids up a tree so they can feed and "drive" them back underground to protect them from being poached by predators. Even after the aphids become butterflies, the ants will still welcome and protect them even though they are unable to use them for their excretions (most likely to ensure the propagation of the species). There are primates in the wild that actually take branches, strip them into a thin stick and actually fish for ants and grubs.

With that said, why would they need fire? They're already in an environment that allows them to live without the need of it and have adapted to it with the fur that they have. They say that necessity is the mother of invention. If you don't need it, it won't be invented. As for all the other inventions that are derived from previous inventions... monkey see, monkey do to get the same thing or have more.
    Efficiency through redundancy is a contradiction in terms.

Attrition is not an effective means of combat.

“The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don’t just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and riffle their pockets for new vocabulary.” – James Nicoll

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    So, in all of history, only humans have had these things line up, I guess? I think if human brains were in dolphin bodies...we'd still have built some shit
    What now? Are you going to break out singing "Under the Sea" from the Litte Mermaid to prove your point?

I'm more of the mind that it isn't necessarily religion that causes these problems...religion is just a convenient tool for power-hungry, evil people. If religion were abolished then it would be something else...nationalism maybe, that one seems to work pretty well, too.
    We can get rid of nationalism with globalization.

Of course we will need to round up all the Rainmakers and drop them into the ocean.