Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Asking questions of those using mobility scooters??

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    But he's right. That happened here earlier this year in Ohio..
    What happened? A guy with service ducks?
    The Voice of Reason

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post

Where are all these people with fake service dogs?

?
    I've seen a ton, actually. There is a thriving Internet industry to get your dog certified as a service animal....complete with official looking vest. They are everywhere here and businesses are afraid to inquire for fear of not going about it exactly right and getting sued.

you see a 'service animal' that is pulling, jumping and begging...you know good and well it's just a poorly trained pet, but the risk of getting dragged into court is too great.

like a lot of things now...I see a 'service dog' in the store, I assume it's bullshit because there are 100 BS ones to every legit one....but those legit dogs are amazing
    The Voice of Reason

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bos Mutus View Post
    I've seen a ton, actually. There is a thriving Internet industry to get your dog certified as a service animal....complete with official looking vest. They are everywhere here and businesses are afraid to inquire for fear of not going about it exactly right and getting sued.

you see a 'service animal' that is pulling, jumping and begging...you know good and well it's just a poorly trained pet, but the risk of getting dragged into court is too great.

like a lot of things now...I see a 'service dog' in the store, I assume it's bullshit because there are 100 BS ones to every legit one....but those legit dogs are amazing
    Oh my!

Sounds like we have a real problem.

Better get Bookman the library cop from Seinfeld to help you and Mannix.

Maybe you guys can join forces to create a special task force?

I know Mannix prefers to work alone, but maybe you can convince him to work with you and Bookman.
    All behold that fancy strutting peacock, the bake sale diva...

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bos Mutus View Post
    What happened? A guy with service ducks?
    Yup. An Iraq war vet is embroialed in a dispute with his county/township, cause he is using ducks as his 'service animals' to help with PTSD..

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/...with-ptsd.html

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    That's why, when I drove taxis, I simply let people bring their dogs if they wanted to. With the questions that you are allowed to ask, they're going to lie anyway and you can't ask for proof. It's definitely a... "pick your battles" scenario.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    I wonder what happens if one goes further and asks more questions? Do the dogs/ducks get a free bite?

What if the human is a service animal for a rescued dog, trying to heal the canine's mind from the bad previous owner's mistreatment?

I could see elderly people getting their dogs certified for helping them with depression, if their mate has died.

Either way. Service dog or service human. Because human/dog mates do die. Loneliness can be crippling.

How about cat hoarders? Their collection of cats would mean that they wouldn't be collecting people. Would you want to be kept in a cage?

I happen to have some groundhogs that live on my property which I will not trap or kill, because they are friendly, and lived here before I moved in. They make me laugh. I can't think of anything to qualify them as service whistlepigs, but if ever someone tries to eradicate them, I will claim them as to be being the animals that tell me if spring is coming sooner or later.

On Phyllis and family being friendly, they come up to within 5 feet, looking to see if I am going to be feeding them. Phyllis, I am pretty sure that she has gone on to groundhog heaven, but the family keeps on producing cubs, so it's not like I am ever going to run out of newbies to admire, and to tell the new Phyllis how cute they are.

Oh! Yeah! How about people that really feel that they were born at the wrong time? I think that guys that want to be cowboys should be allowed to say that their horse keep them from lighting up the nearest saloon, although parking horses can be a problem. Tie them off to parking meters? We would have to remind the 'cowboys' not to leave their horse parked for too long, or their horse would be towed off.

And people that hallucinate because of a problem in their minds? Make sure that you have imaginary food bowls, water bowls, a watering trough, and a bale of hay, or you might make their problem even worse that it is.

I have to go now. The weather is getting cold at nights, and I have to drop off some blankets and jackets by the underground manor of Phyllis and Company. And some corn nuts.

Phyllis says "Hi, wassup," to all of you, by the way.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UncaRastus View Post
    I wonder what happens if one goes further and asks more questions? Do the dogs/ducks get a free bite?
    Staff are not required to provide care or food for a service animal.
    Oh! Yeah! How about people that really feel that they were born at the wrong time? I think that guys that want to be cowboys should be allowed to say that their horse keep them from lighting up the nearest saloon, although parking horses can be a problem. Tie them off to parking meters? We would have to remind the 'cowboys' not to leave their horse parked for too long, or their horse would be towed off.
    Maybe if you're a small cowboy

[quote]
    [B]In addition to the provisions about service dogs, the
    Department
    The Voice of Reason

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Cropped again...

In addition to the provisions about service dogs, the
    Department’s revised ADA regulations have a new, separate provision
    about miniature horses that have been individually trained to do work
    or perform tasks for people with disabilities.
    (Miniature
    horses generally range in height from 24 inches to 34 inches measured
    to the shoulders and generally weigh between 70 and 100 pounds.)
    Entities covered by the ADA must modify their policies to permit
    miniature horses where reasonable. The regulations set out four
    assessment factors to assist entities in determining whether miniature
    horses can be accommodated in their facility. The assessment factors are
    (1) whether the miniature horse is housebroken; (2) whether the
    miniature horse is under the owner’s control; (3) whether the facility
    can accommodate the miniature horse’s type, size, and weight; and (4)
    whether the miniature horse’s presence will not compromise legitimate
    safety requirements necessary for safe operation of the facility.
    More answers at: http://www.ada.gov/service_animals_2010.htm
    The Voice of Reason

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bos mutus View Post
    cropped again...

CONTROL RADIO TRAFFIC DURiNG THE MINIMIZE.....ACP 121.....GNOMESAYIN??......
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 10-19-2015 at 08:42 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Back when, after I retired, my cousin and I decided to take our horses into a bar, in Idaho. The sheriff of that town was not all that enthralled with our horses being in that bar. He did let them stay for a short while, then he told us not to take them back in. It was not so much the thought of a horse in a bar, but more to the fact that the bar was old, and he was afraid that the horse would break through the floor and end up in the basement.

I asked him if we could take one of our cows into the bar, and he kind of gave me the 'cowboys belong outside with their cows, you idiot' look. Since I really didn't want to ride outside of town to fetch a cow, I let that thought go.

People are just too picky, now. More picky than back then. But not that much.