Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Asking questions of those using mobility scooters??

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Absinthe Anecdote,

I have heard from a confidential source, that 'undocumented aliens' are soon to replace all security guards within this country.

For when we call the differing companies to get help with our computers, soon everybody in the USA must learn to speak Hindi, just as we have to learn to speak Spanish.

We all need Hindi in our toolchest of the mind, to actually understand what these nice IT people are speaking about. If we don't learn to speak Spanish, soon we will all be handcuffed for snickering at the guard's sombrero, without being able to talk the guard out of beating us.

Be sensitive, is what I am trying to stress here. How would you feel, if you had to spit shine your Tijuana Retreads every day, to comply with the securidad company's rules? I would think, pretty much exhausted and a bit put out.

Ese, vato. It is what it is.

I lived in Las Playas de Rosarito, in Baja California, for two years. My Espanol is pretty fragmented, but... just say "No tasio, hermano! Yo loveio tacos!"

Last edited by UncaRastus; 10-15-2015 at 03:14 PM.

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UncaRastus View Post
    Absinthe Anecdote,

I have heard from a confidential source, that 'undocumented aliens'* are soon to replace all security guards within this country.

For when we call the differing companies to get help with our computers, soon everybody in the USA must learn to speak Hindi, just as we have to learn to speak Spanish.

We all need Hindi in our toolchest of the mind, to actually understand what these nice IT people are speaking about. If we don't learn to speak Spanish, soon we will all be handcuffed for snickering at the guard's sombrero, without being able to talk the guard out of beating us.

Be sensitive, is what I am trying to stress here. How would you feel, if you had to spit shine your Tijuana Taxis** every day, to comply with the securidad company's rules? I would think, pretty much exhausted and a bit put out.

Ese, vato. It is what it is.
    My robots are what you have to worry about, and not people from Central America and India.

My robots will make illegal immigrants obsolete, since they will be taking all the low-skill, low-wage jobs.

I'll have Laundroids doing your laundry, and Lawndroids cutting your grass. I'll have Burgerbots working at McDonalds and flame broiling Whoppers at Burger King.

I'll program my bots to replace cops and the even the army. I'll even make a special line of robotic Jihadis and future wars will be fought in a battle-bot arena.

Then they will start taking better jobs. I'll program them to be accountants, stock brokers, bankers and even politicians.

There will be no more Trumps, Clintons, or Bushes. My Politidroids will efficiently manage Washington with robotic precision.

No silly human emotions to gum up the works. You'll get what you like, and like what you get.

One day in the future, when your great grandchildren ask what started this robot utopia.

One of my robotic baby sitters will tell them the story of @garhkal being a dick to a fat lady on a mobility scooter.
    Last edited by Absinthe Anecdote; 10-15-2015 at 04:50 PM.
    All behold that fancy strutting peacock, the bake sale diva...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Mexico is considered to be part of north America. At least it was, back when I was in grammar school. I bet the Mexicans will be glad that they aren't included.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UncaRastus View Post
    Mexico is considered to be part of north America. At least it was, back when I was in grammar school. I bet the Mexicans will be glad that they aren't included.
    Fewer Mexicans illegally immigrate to the U.S. than people from Central American countries. That has been the trend for about 10 years.

If you had one of my robot assistants, they could have told you that.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    Fewer Mexicans illegally immigrate to the U.S. than people from Central American countries. That has been the trend for about 10 years.

If you had one of my robot assistants, they could have told you that.
    The promise is always that technology will make life easier. By now, We were supposed to have been living the Jetson's type lifestyle. Working maybe 20 hours a week tops. Instead we're slaving away like dogs working more hours than ever.

Because, The reality is that the Owners can't have us proles sitting around with idle hands, so we'll either be made into slaves to service your fucking robots or they'll kill us off.

Most people don't realize that the battle of Armegeddon is already underway in the currency markets and in cyberspace.

But, fortunately we are witnessing a sea change and Rainmaker's vision is different from yours.....

Years from now (after the dust clears and the troubles are over), Rainmaker's as of yet unborn Grandchildren will say to him "Tell us the story about "The Donald" Grandpa" and ask "What did he do?"....And with a knowing look and a tear in his eye....Old man Rainmaker will say......" Son, He made America Great Again"

Trump 2016!
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 10-16-2015 at 07:59 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Absinthe Anecdote,

All of the robots will be made in Mexico.

Rainmaker,

That sounds so crazy, it just might work!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Which is why they don't want you trying to handle customer service issues. Do your guard job and just stand there to act as a deterrent and stop being a busy body.
    Other than this one issue, they have seemed to be very interested (and thankful) in having me handle customer service issues, such as walking customers to where they need to go, answering questions etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Bos Mutus View Post
    she may be overdoing it, but you were outta line
    Bos. Exactly how was i out of line asking a customer how much longer she might be using the device?

The last thing he should be doing is trying to mete out justice in the usage of the store's mobility scooters, or launching investigations into counterfeit coupons.
    AA, exactly how was i "metting out justice" by simply asking a customer a simple question??

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    The promise is always that technology will make life easier. By now, We were supposed to be living the Jetson's type lifestyle. Working maybe 20 hours a week tops. Instead we're slaving away like dogs working more hours than ever.

Because, The reality is that the Owners can't have us proles sitting around with idle hands, so we'll either be made into slaves to service your fucking robots or they'll kill us off.

Most people don't realize that the battle of Armeggeddon is already underway in the currency markets and in cyberspace.

But, fortunately we are witnessing a sea change and Rainmaker's vision is different from yours.....Years from now (after the dust clears and the troubles are over), Rainmaker's as of yet unborn Grandchildren will say to him "Tell us the story about "The Donald" Grandpa" and ask "What did he do?"....And with a knowing look and a tear in his eye....Old man Rainmaker will say......" Son, He made America Great Again"

Trump 2016!
    Technology has made life easier.

Make up your mind, are we working like slaves are being lazy slobs living off government checks?

You've complained dozens of times about people being distracted by TV, Instagram and using EBT cards to get fat.

Don't bother answering, you will be made obsolete too. I'm replacing you with a paranoid-droid.

I envision it as a stationary droid with no chat capability that can be used as a beehive or a nesting box for opossums.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    Other than this one issue, they have seemed to be very interested (and thankful) in having me handle customer service issues, such as walking customers to where they need to go, answering questions etc..

Bos. Exactly how was i out of line asking a customer how much longer she might be using the device?

AA, exactly how was i "metting out justice" by simply asking a customer a simple question??
    Dude, find another job. You've already told us that your security company is screwing you out of overtime, and if you can't guard a fabric store without causing problems, you need to move on to another job.

That's right, you caused a problem, you sure didn't solve a problem or help anyone by jumping into the middle of that.

From what you've described, every party involved came away unhappy because of your actions.

Fat lady 1 = unhappy

Fat lady 2 = unhappy

Corporate = unhappy

Store management = unhappy

@garhkal = unhappy

Why?

Because you tried to mete out justice to someone you called a "hog of the mobility scooter."
    Last edited by Absinthe Anecdote; 10-16-2015 at 11:18 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    After this incident, it should be obvious that your job is a security guard so you should leave customer problems to the stores' staff. You can still be pleasant to customers and direct their questions to the manager or staff.