Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Asking questions of those using mobility scooters??

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UncaRastus View Post
    Doesn't Disney World have their scooters equipped with those backup horns that automatically sound off when the scooters are being reversed?
    Yeah. But, It was nearly impossible to hear with that Damn Moog Synthesizer blasting the " Baroque Hoedown" at 200+ Decibles over the loudspeakers during the Frozen Electric Night Parade...

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bos Mutus View Post
    Again...what I read here is "Regular customer"
    And? From what i remember, the MOD said the lady on the crutches is also a regular customer, who's she has known for more than 3 years.

Well, sure...but as a grown man, don't you find it just a little embarrassing that they don't think you can handle yourself in these situations?
    I think its more they would rather not create another incident that garners any bad publicity..

I'm sure she is reaching for a free knitting needle or something....so what? She's the customer. Customers are not always right, but you were a little out of line there...a little bit. She's not only a customer, but a regular customer that shops at Jo-Ann's for hours...so, she gets more than a benefit of the doubt...give her a bone, it'll be a small token and a worthwhile investment in her good feelings, even if you both know she is getting one over on you. There is Michael's too, you know.
    So what? I am sorry, but scammers like that when NOT stopped just continue scamming people.

Yeah, again...I see it as a simple courtesy, when available. If someone is truly dependent on the scooter, they should have their own. First come, first serve, they can hog it all they want.
    IMO the simpler solution is to remove it.. If they want one, just have them bring in their own.

Wonderful idea...maybe some coffee and a some craft magazines while they wait...maybe a sales associate can come ask what they're looking for and upsell them in the meantime
    Who knew Jo-Ann's had so much drama? I thought people go there, go in go out to get something specific, not spend all day there, but what do I know?
    You'd be surprised how long some have been in the store..

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post

I think its more they would rather not create another incident that garners any bad publicity..
    Which is why they don't want you trying to handle customer service issues. Do your guard job and just stand there to act as a deterrent and stop being a busy body.

So what? I am sorry, but scammers like that when NOT stopped just continue scamming people
    Is it your job to investigate people trying to get coupons from customer service?

If you want to be a cop, try getting hired by a police department. Until then, you aren't a cop, stop pretending you are one.

IMO the simpler solution is to remove it.. If they want one, just have them bring in their own.
    Maybe you should confiscate it and make it your "police vehicle."

Better yet, just chill out and don't get involved with that aspect of the store.
    All behold that fancy strutting peacock, the bake sale diva...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    And? From what i remember, the MOD said the lady on the crutches is also a regular customer, who's she has known for more than 3 years.
    ...but, she wasn't there first.

i get that....just suggesting from a personal improvement standpoint, you might ask yourself 'why can a manager handle this, but not me?'
    So what? I am sorry, but scammers like that when NOT stopped just continue scamming people.
    she may be overdoing it, but you were outta line

the simpler solution is to remove it.. If they want one, just have them bring in their own.
    simpler in that you don't have to handle any more high stress situations....but doesn't improve the shopping experience for the customer.
    You'd be surprised how long some have been in the store..
    The Voice of Reason

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    Maybe you should confiscate it and make it your "police vehicle."
    There goes my coffee!
    The Voice of Reason

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    @Absinthe Anecdote. I know you think that you

Anybody else Having problems editing posts? Is the new update buggy?
    Or did the NSA launch a Stuxnet Trojan horse worm onto Rainmaker's tablet lass night, when he was researching
    The White Dragon Society's covert turf war with the Kazarian-Babylonian Mafia?
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 10-15-2015 at 02:11 PM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    @absinthe antidote. I know you think that ....
    I think he has a horribly boring dead end job. If he has to work there, he should do as little as possible, which isn't hard for a security guard.

If he wants some excitement, he should try talking one of the more attractive store clerks into having a tryst with him.

The last thing he should be doing is trying to mete out justice in the usage of the store's mobility scooters, or launching investigations into counterfeit coupons.

It is none of his business.
    Last edited by Absinthe Anecdote; 10-15-2015 at 01:54 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Here's the solution for Garhkal to get about doing his bidness, while looking very suave, debonaire, and sophisticated. And also it would look professional.

Garhkal Police Vehicle.jpg

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    @Absinthe Anecdote. I know you think that you’re trying to be funny. But, you’re not and this is not a joking matter. As a former Intelligence Officer/ Homeland Security Expert, you of all people should know, that Our On-site security guards are our Nation’s first line of defense in the long war against the Islamo Fascist Jihadist Terrorist Network.

Thanks to the Modern day Gutenberg press, It’s become common knowledge that the Khazarian Mafia Cabal has seized control of Global fabric distribution industry.
    Joann Fabrics could be the “ground zero” for this sinister threat.

In a perfect world, we’d have the highly professional Behavior Detection analysts of the TSA on site (to keep us safe).

It hasn’t been announced yet. But, insiders say, that the Marines have seized control of the Federal Reserve board of Directors and Nationalized the Banks, so the huge Orwellian style police state we all love, is no longer going to be possible to maintain (in this resource constrained environment we now live in).

It’s a real paradigm shift, I know……But, (unfortunately) We’re all just going to have to learn to do “more with less”.
    BT//

@garhkal
    Rainmaker not sure about the rules in your state. But, if possible recommend Garhkal carry a .357 snub-nosed revolver (unholstered) in your pocket or butthole, just to be on the safe side. Nomsayin? Rainmaker Out//

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UncaRastus View Post
    Here's the solution for Garhkal to get about doing his bidness, while looking very suave, debonaire, and sophisticated. And also it would look professional.

Garhkal Police Vehicle.jpg
    I think I just might build a fleet of security drones for use in retail stores.

I'm sure that I can program them with enough intelligence to perform the duties of a fabric store security guard.

Plus, I can guarantee that they'd never pester customers over mobility scooters or overstep their authority.

Sorry @garhkal, you are out of a job soon.

My security robots will be replacing you.