Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Afgani Pedophillia, and the US Marines..

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Columbus, ohio
    Posts
    3,327
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

    Afgani Pedophillia, and the US Marines..

    Saw this news article, and was reminded about a news bit on it a few weeks back..

    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/21/wo...boys.html?_r=0

    Who here thinks its right, that our 'so called allies' are allowed to get away with this, and our troops seem to be told by higher ups to NOT do anything about it?

  2. #2
    Administrator Mjölnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    2,965
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    Saw this news article, and was reminded about a news bit on it a few weeks back..

    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/21/wo...boys.html?_r=0

    Who here thinks its right, that our 'so called allies' are allowed to get away with this, and our troops seem to be told by higher ups to NOT do anything about it?
    Unfortunately it turns into a law enforcement issue for the host country. We can't (by virtue of international law nor most MOU's / MOA's with other sovereign nations) impose our own laws on their citizens in their country. Under the same agreements is how we conduct ourselves (to an extent) on bases in their countries.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    965
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    Saw this news article, and was reminded about a news bit on it a few weeks back..

    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/21/wo...boys.html?_r=0

    Who here thinks its right, that our 'so called allies' are allowed to get away with this, and our troops seem to be told by higher ups to NOT do anything about it?
    Shier country their laws. Our choices are overthrow the government there and stay forever, put up with this vile BS or simply leave and let them to revel in their own own savagery. I would vote for the latter.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Bos Mutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,565
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    What an F'ed up society.
    The Voice of Reason

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Columbus, ohio
    Posts
    3,327
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    So they work for us (as evidenced by the fact they are on OUR bases, get paid by US etc) but don't have to follow OUR laws?? How farked up.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    965
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    So they work for us (as evidenced by the fact they are on OUR bases, get paid by US etc) but don't have to follow OUR laws?? How farked up.
    Very "Farked up". But they are a our chosen allies and have been since we invaded their country. Our choices are to work with the monsters or leave.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Columbus, ohio
    Posts
    3,327
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    In that case, i vote leave!

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    965
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    In that case, i vote leave!
    So yuo are joining we liberals who have been saying that since after we failed at Tora Bora.

  9. #9
    Senior Member TJMAC77SP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    3,156
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeKerriii View Post
    So yuo are joining we liberals who have been saying that since after we failed at Tora Bora.
    Once again I am amused and puzzled by your fractured view of history. There was hardly a overwhelming call by liberals (or anyone) to leave Afghanistan after the Battle of Tora Bora. There was a general feeling of despair at the failure to capture OBL but not anything like what you have intimated. In fact by 2006 (just in time for mid-term elections, imagine that) the overwhelming cry of the liberals (the Democrats) was that the war in Iraq was draining necessary resources from the more legitimate war in Afghanistan.

    The fact that you say we (and I assume you mean the US and its allies) failed at Tora Bora shows the depth of you ignorance. The failure to capture OBL is of course correct. To label the entire campaign as a failure reveals the ignorance.

    Tell me, is there, in your reality anything that a Democrat has ever said or done you don't agree with and conversely has there ever been anything a Republican has ever said and done which you do agree with? Rhetorical questions because quite frankly you are an unimaginative shrill akin to people like Rush Limbaugh but without the intelligence.

    ((just to keep in the spirit of your post I add these................))
    ___________________
    Read carefully, think, then write thoughtfully……………………………..

    I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Columbus, ohio
    Posts
    3,327
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeKerriii View Post
    So yuo are joining we liberals who have been saying that since after we failed at Tora Bora.
    No, i am saying if we are working with these 'supposed allies' they should be falling under our rules and laws since they operate FOR us/with our pay.. If they don't want to follow our laws, then that leaves the 2 choices of stay and fight with NO afgan support, or leave. I would rather not stay and work, while the afgans work against us so i say leave.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •