Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 67 of 67

Thread: Ashley Madison hack could mean trouble for some feds

  1. #61
    Senior Member Rollyn01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    258
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bos Mutus View Post
    Yes...traitorous in that assumes there is a grand plan in the writing and saving of scripture and a reason for everything...an idea I'm not buying. It's kind of like the "God put the fossils there to test your faith" idea...not buying it.

    I'm pretty with you on that...if God is the reason some people behave themselves...then why take that away and be stuck with another asshole.



    My general belief is not that religion is the cause of all this evil that is often tied to it...but just that it's a convenient tool for evil men to use. If there were no religion, they would use another tool.

    Eternal life is a pretty strong motivator though...without it, it would be really hard to have suicide bombers and stuff, but it could still be done...legacy, 15 minutes of fame, believing your loved ones will respect you after your death for it, believing you are doing it for country or family...all reasons people have been willing to sacrifice their own lives for what they believe in....and also "values" that can be controlled and skewered for some influential someone's personal gain.
    Yeah, I wasn't buying it either. I try to give the benefit of the doubt during my transition away from Christianity but gave up after realizing most of the people who "speak for God" or "act on His will" are the worst of assholes and their congregation is convince that this is not only not true, but willfully ignore the constant harm (financial, sexual, emotional, etc.) that they do to each other. At that point, I saw it would be better to learn self-control and be free from the influence of others' greed and deceit.

    Problem is, politicians seem to play the same game. If you really compare the two, you would see that all politicians (without reference to their religion) follow the same "You be rewarded if you follow me but after the fact" bullshit that many religious people subscribe themselves to. "Just follow our laws and good things will happen" and when bad things happen "Someone else is responsible". It's very sad that we have a constitution that suppose to steer us away from the church influencing the politics of the people but most of the politics is made by people who are firmly religious.

    We will continue to be screwed until we can safely say that we actually have separation of church and state. However, I don't think that will happen as long as Josh Dumber and other "Christians" like him are still supported and thought to be a flawed but good Christian who just so happened to succumb to the devil and thus we need to keep making excuses for people who just lack empathy, understanding and self-control.
    Efficiency through redundancy is a contradiction in terms.

    Attrition is not an effective means of combat.

    “The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don’t just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and riffle their pockets for new vocabulary.” – James Nicoll

  2. #62
    Senior Member TJMAC77SP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    3,156
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    No! For the third or fourth time. I used Josh Duggar's situation as an illustration of the problems with Christian morality. I never said that Duggar is proof that Christian morals are inferior. You are coming up with that by not reading carefully.

    I further went on to frame my statement within a more narrow context.

    Which you seemingly refuse to acknowledge and keep omitting when you quote my posts.

    See posts #49, #43 and #35. You even ignored a significant portion of what I said in post #22, the one that started all of this.

    You want me to stop treating you like a dolt? Stop acting like one.
    Show me where I have omitted anything from any of your posts.

    You used Josh Duggar, who follows one of countless versions of Christian morals, to paint Christian morals en masse as 'inferior'. You have of course posed a lot more words than that but your original post is summed up by what I have said. Have you retracted that statement? If so, I definitely missed that.

    You framed your statement within a more narrow context? Can you show me where you did that because all I have seen is an attempt to defend your original too broadly stated opinion?

    Your extreme and obsessive bias against Christianity trips you up every time.
    ___________________
    Read carefully, think, then write thoughtfully……………………………..

    I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

  3. #63
    Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    3,669
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TJMAC77SP View Post
    Show me where I have omitted anything from any of your posts.

    You used Josh Duggar, who follows one of countless versions of Christian morals, to paint Christian morals en masse as 'inferior'. You have of course posed a lot more words than that but your original post is summed up by what I have said. Have you retracted that statement? If so, I definitely missed that.

    You framed your statement within a more narrow context? Can you show me where you did that because all I have seen is an attempt to defend your original too broadly stated opinion?

    Your extreme and obsessive bias against Christianity trips you up every time.
    Why don't you go back and read the fucking thread again? You are most certainly missing other points I've made. Either that or you are intentionally ignoring areas where I've clarified my statement.

    Most of what you are harping on is explained in my posts. Some of it is in posts directed at @Bos Mutus .

    I'm starting to get really pissed at you. I'm not calling you a doltish asshole, but I'm starting to think that.
    All behold that fancy strutting peacock, the bake sale diva...

  4. #64
    Senior Member TJMAC77SP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    3,156
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    Why don't you go back and read the fucking thread again? You are most certainly missing other points I've made. Either that or you are intentionally ignoring areas where I've clarified my statement.

    Most of what you are harping on is explained in my posts. Some of it is in posts directed at @Bos Mutus .

    I'm starting to get really pissed at you. I'm not calling you a doltish asshole, but I'm starting to think that.
    Have you retracted or modified your original statement? If so, then I will apologize and let it go. If you are still trying to tie a universally broad statement about Christian morals being inferior and referencing the Bronze Age or whatever then I'll let my words stand.

    As to how pissed you get............just mark it as another win in the spreadsheet and you'll be okey-dokey. Other than that, I can't help you.
    ___________________
    Read carefully, think, then write thoughtfully……………………………..

    I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

  5. #65
    Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    3,669
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TJMAC77SP View Post
    Have you retracted or modified your original statement? If so, then I will apologize and let it go. If you are still trying to tie a universally broad statement about Christian morals being inferior and referencing the Bronze Age or whatever then I'll let my words stand.

    As to how pissed you get............just mark it as another win in the spreadsheet and you'll be okey-dokey. Other than that, I can't help you.
    The fact that you have to ask that question means you aren't reading my posts or the rest of the thread very closely.

    I refuse to spoon feed you, by going back and quoting my own posts for you. I've done that for you in the past, but you are becoming spoiled and intellectually lazy.

    No more.

    Put on your big boy pants and read the damned thread. If you can't do that, I won't help you.
    All behold that fancy strutting peacock, the bake sale diva...

  6. #66
    Senior Member TJMAC77SP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    3,156
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    The fact that you have to ask that question means you aren't reading my posts or the rest of the thread very closely.

    I refuse to spoon feed you, by going back and quoting my own posts for you. I've done that for you in the past, but you are becoming spoiled and intellectually lazy.

    No more.

    Put on your big boy pants and read the damned thread. If you can't do that, I won't help you.
    So that would be a no to retracting or modifying your original statement? I say that because there is no fucking way in this world that your ego would pass up to opportunity to shove that down my throat. Got it.

    Don't worry though, you still have your spreadsheet.
    ___________________
    Read carefully, think, then write thoughtfully……………………………..

    I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

  7. #67
    Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    3,669
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TJMAC77SP View Post
    So that would be a no to retracting or modifying your original statement? I say that because there is no fucking way in this world that your ego would pass up to opportunity to shove that down my throat. Got it.

    Don't worry though, you still have your spreadsheet.
    If you had read the thread, you wouldn't have to ask.

    Not joking, what you are doing here is 100 times worse than Rainmaker and garhkal combined.
    All behold that fancy strutting peacock, the bake sale diva...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •