Page 40 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread: Election 2016

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeKerriii View Post
    They have reason to be afraid or are you forgetting Trump advocated keeping people from entering the US including US citizens solely on the basis of their faith
    He has not done this. US citizens are good to go. Please read the articles that have been linked in previous posts.

and has repeatedly advocated large scale violations of Article 4 of the Geneva convent, not to mention wingspread hateful propaganda like the thousands and thousand of celebrating Muslims on 9/11. A violent, psychopathic and delusional bastard with power is a very scary thing
    What's even scarier is someone who lies about their intentions in order to get into office, then shows his true colors.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Trump is a crazy bastard, no doubt. But many of his points, if you throw out the bluster and showmanship, are solid.

Trump is a wag-the-dog candidate. He's making the rest of the GOP look far more moderate. While the Dems are staying to the far left, the GOP is giving the illusion that they are moving to the center. Don't think that's not going to be helpful come election time.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by giggawatt View Post
    No. Actually, a Facebook meme was where I heard it. Which brings me to the point of a thread I will making here shortly. Stay tuned.
    Don't touch that Dial Sportsfans!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    He has not done this. US citizens are good to go. Please read the articles that have been linked in previous posts.
    His written position paper and what He is saying to the press today disagree.
    What's even scarier is someone who lies about their intentions in order to get into office, then shows his true colors.
    Unless the intentions are criminal and pathological like Trumps that is not true
    I've said it before, I'll say it again. Trump is a crazy bastard, no doubt. But many of his points, if you throw out the bluster and showmanship, are solid.
    Trump is a wag-the-dog candidate. He's making the rest of the GOP look far more moderate. While the Dem's are staying to the far left, the GOP is giving the illusion that they are moving to the center. Don't think that's not going to be helpful come election time.
    You might believe that a fascist , delusional, wanna be war criminal and sadist is "solid" I do not.. Trump has gone past the traditional Republican right into Storm-front, Free Republic and KKK territory,
    Last edited by MikeKerriii; 12-08-2015 at 09:14 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Because people are afraid of someone they can't control.
    Then people would be equally afraid of Bernie Sanders if that was the case.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    Then people would be equally afraid of Bernie Sanders if that was the case.
    Conservatives are equally afraid of Sanders. The difference is that he's not as loud as Trump so the headlines aren't the same. Plus, people don't believe, yet, that Sanders actually has a chance to get the nomination. If it happens, then you're gonna hear the paranoia, worse than it was with Obama.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Trump is a wag-the-dog candidate. He's making the rest of the GOP look far more moderate. While the Dems are staying to the far left, the GOP is giving the illusion that they are moving to the center. Don't think that's not going to be helpful come election time.
    This would be quite funny if it really were planned this way...and hilarious to sit in on the meeting where they discuss their plan backfiring because he's winning...lol.

Goes back to my imagined speech, too.
    The Voice of Reason

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Conservatives are equally afraid of Sanders. The difference is that he's not as loud as Trump so the headlines aren't the same. Plus, people don't believe, yet, that Sanders actually has a chance to get the nomination. If it happens, then you're gonna hear the paranoia, worse than it was with Obama.
    Sanders isn't as loud as Trump? You must not be paying attention.

Being loud isn't the problem. It's what you're being loud about.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TJMAC77SP View Post
    To answer MikeKerri I suppose the Center for Security Policy should be at least questioned but how about the Pew Center? Their polling is somewhat less exact in that they seem to have polled (and lumped together) the populations of non-Muslim countries' responses but of particular interest to me is the table at the bottom of this page

http://www.pewglobal.org/2015/11/17/...-isis-topline/

You still have a somewhat significant percentage of populations in Muslim nations as viewing the actions of ISIS as favorable or somewhat favorable. Add that together with the very significant number who did not or refused to answer the poll and it is still some troubling numbers.
    To answer your question...yes, I find the poll numbers troubling.

I think there is a real danger in letting emotion rule the day but it is equally dangerous to ignore a threat because acting on it is perceived as ethically uncomfortable.
    I'm not sure I would classify it as equally dangerous though...

Is there a danger of more terror attacks in our country...certainly. I'm sure we'll have some more. This is the just the world we live in.

If we let in a million Muslim immigrants, do we run the risk that even a handful of them will be terrorists...yes for sure.

Is this justification to block them all?...eh, I'm not too sure.

Name any subdivision of people and we can find a few of them that will do harm...what percentage of that subgroup makes it okay to take action against the entire group? As I mentioned previously...when a perpetrator of any action really, is a member of our own group; we tend to see that person as an individual actor. When he/she is a member of another group, we tend to see him/her as representative of that group, I think.
    Last edited by Bos Mutus; 12-08-2015 at 09:41 PM.
    The Voice of Reason

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    Sanders isn't as loud as Trump? You must not be paying attention.

Being loud isn't the problem. It's what you're being loud about.
    The only way to hear anything about Sanders is on all the Hipster websites and NPR. Nothing mainstream. Go to CNN right now, or any other "news" site, and count the number of columns you find on the front page. Turn on the TV to the mainstream channels, and count how many stories you hear about Bernie. It's not very many. They will increase, and the paranoia will grow, if he gets the nomination.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bos Mutus View Post

Name any subdivision of people and we can find a few of them that will do harm...what percentage of that subgroup makes it okay to take action against the entire group?
    Having lived in a neighborhood that went to section 8 rental, I'd put the number for the tipping point for where they do real harm to the neighborhood at about 15%.
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 12-09-2015 at 02:31 AM.