Page 35 of 114 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Thread: Election 2016

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by giggawatt View Post
    wearing visual accoutrements to ID them as Muslim? Where have I heard of something like this before?
    From another group that is the role model for Trump supporters I would guess.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    What created Trump is every candidate giving political/politically correct answers to every question and, finally, there's someone who is showing everyone that it's not necessary to do so.
    So lunacy and open bigotry is the new key to winning Republican votes The southern strategy has finally come to full blossom.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    Are you playing devil's advocate here, or do you really believe that reactions to Obama and Trump are equally (un)justified?
    I think the fears/reaction to both are misplaced. Fears of what is going to happen along racial lines are driving the opponents of each candidate...well...at least that's what the opponents of both CLAIM their fears are.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeKerriii View Post
    So lunacy and open bigotry is the new key to winning Republican votes The southern strategy has finally come to full blossom.
    I'll grant you the lunacy claim, but we'll disagree on the bigotry...that's just an easy game for the opposition to play. I'm completely unsure when securing our borders began to fall under the umbrella of bigotry.

My wife is Canadian...it took medical records, police reports, her parents background, doctors notes, and 6 months for her to legally allowed into the U.S. I don't feel that our government hates white Canadian women...I think it is was just a prudent way to ensure that she was who she said she was. I think it's fair do make it just as difficult for people who come from countries that want us dead.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    You get the majority of people alone in their homes talking, and they're saying the same things. Again, doesn't make it right...it's just a fact.

If I lived somewhere where I though a majority of people thought like that I would move, move with great speed, I would move because nut-jobs and bigots in large numbers are dangerous.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    What created Trump is every candidate giving political/politically correct answers to every question and, finally, there's someone who is showing everyone that it's not necessary to do so.
    That part of his style is appealing.
    The Voice of Reason

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'll grant you the lunacy claim, but we'll disagree on the bigotry...that's just an easy game for the opposition to play. I'm completely unsure when securing our borders began to fall under the umbrella of bigotry.

My wife is Canadian...it took medical records, police reports, her parents background, doctors notes, and 6 months for her to legally allowed into the U.S. I don't feel that our government hates white Canadian women...I think it is was just a prudent way to ensure that she was who she said she was. I think it's fair do make it just as difficult for people who come from countries that want us dead.
    He is not talking about stopping people from Muslim countries the scumbag is talking about keeping Muslims out, discrimination based solely on faith.

You are choosing to ignore the part of the US Constitution that bars religious bigotry bigotry. Another echo to the 30s except then It was no Jews, even longer ago it was no Catholics.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeKerriii View Post
    He is not talking about stopping people from Muslim countries the scumbag is talking about keeping Muslims out, discrimination based solely on faith.

You are choosing to ignore the part of the US Constitution that bars religious bigotry bigotry. Another echo to the 30s except then It was no Jews, even longer ago it was no Catholics.
    You need to look past the sound bites and headlines. He wants to stop immigration from Muslim countries until we find a way to properly vet people coming in. Of course, it sells much better if it reads "Trump wants ban on all Muslims" but that just isn't true.

He's not saying that people can't be Muslim. He's saying that the people from the countries sending terrorists over here need to be screened better, and until we find a way, we need to stop all.
    Last edited by sandsjames; 12-08-2015 at 05:46 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    You need to look past the sound bites and headlines. He wants to stop immigration from Muslim countries until we find a way to properly vet people coming in. Of course, it sells much better if it reads "Trump wants ban on all Muslims" but that just isn't true.

He's not saying that people can't be Muslim. He's saying that the people from the countries sending terrorists over here need to be screened better, and until we find a way, we need to stop all.
    This is a press release straight off the Trump campaign website

Donald J. Trump Statement on Preventing Muslim Immigration(New York, NY) December 7th, 2015, --

Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on. According to Pew Research, among others, there is great hatred towards Americans by large segments of the Muslim population. Most recently, a poll from the Center for Security Policy released data showing "25% of those polled agreed that violence against Americans here in the United States is justified as a part of the global jihad" and 51% of those polled, "agreed that Muslims in America should have the choice of being governed according to Shariah." Shariah authorizes such atrocities as murder against non-believers who won't convert, beheadings and more unthinkable acts that pose great harm to Americans, especially women.

Mr. Trump stated, "Without looking at the various polling data, it is obvious to anybody the hatred is beyond comprehension. Where this hatred comes from and why we will have to determine. Until we are able to determine and understand this problem and the dangerous threat it poses, our country cannot be the victims of horrendous attacks by people that believe only in Jihad, and have no sense of reason or respect for human life. If I win the election for President, we are going to Make America Great Again." - Donald J. Trump
    The Voice of Reason

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

I've read beyond the "headlines and sound bites," and have never seen anything that supports what you're saying.

Hell, here's newest article I've read. It's only an hour old.

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/trump...154401548.html
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males