Page 22 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: Election 2016

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    How much spare time do you have?

Would you like to start a political movement with me?
    They already have one just like that. It's called AIPAC.

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    Rubio, Christie, and Kasich....Then, you might as well just vote for Hillary. because, there's really no difference meaningful difference between any of them. Hillary is a Neocon. I can't see why you wouldn't like her.
    Blaa, Blaa, Blaa... Why don't you go cook some bacon on a machine gun barrel with Ted Cruz? Maybe he will give you a modern hand-me-down handgun to carry instead of a relic of the 1950s.
    All behold that fancy strutting peacock, the bake sale diva...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    How much spare time do you have?

Would you like to start a political movement with me?
    I have some time...
    The Voice of Reason

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    They already have one just like that. It's called AIPAC.
    More fear mongering about Israel. Bla bla bla... You are out of sync with the rest of the evangelicals.

Most of your TEA party buddies love Israel, they want them in Jerusalem to keep the lights on for Jesus.

Just where do you get your anti-AIPAC marching orders from? A white prison gang like the Peckerwoods?

Seriously, where are you getting all this stuff from?

When push comes to shove in a political discussion, you always start screaming about AIPAC, but you never explain why this pro Israel lobbying group is such an issue with you.

What gives?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bos Mutus View Post
    I have some time...
    I have the capstone course for my Mass Communications degree coming up this semester, so I'm going to be busy when school starts.

Unless, I can figure out a way to integrate this idea into my course work, which might be possible.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Bla bla bla... You are out of sync with the rest of the evangelicals.
    I'm not an evangelical.

When push comes to shove in a political discussion, you always start screaming about AIPAC, but you never explain why this pro Israel lobbying group is such an issue with you.

What gives?
    Nothing against them personally. But, it's Because #1, I don't like bullies. And #2, I swore my oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States (Not to some small foreign apartheid state). And #3, I can think for myself.

Collusion is supposed to be illegal.

The Widely Disproportionate influence of less than .04% of the Population in a Nation's government and Banking Industries, Not to mention the news and entertainment media (Comcast, News Corp, Disney, Viacom, Time Warner, CBS), is not healthy. In-fact. It's dangerous.

When a Government gets so heavily compromised at its highest levels by the number of foreign interests holding positions in those levels, then it becomes no longer capable of effectively governing the country.

America has enjoyed a lot of prosperity largely based on an ideology of unity that has preserved it. The loss of that unity is what is destroying it.

That's all.
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 08-10-2015 at 05:39 PM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I'm not an evangelical.

It's nothing against them personally. But, it's Because #1, I don't like bullies. And #2, I swore my oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States (Not to some small foreign apartheid state). And #3, I can think for myself.

Collusion is supposed to be illegal.

The Widely Disproportionate influence of less than .04% of the Population in the Nation's government and Banking Industries, Not to mention the news and entertainment media (Comcast, News Corp, Disney, Viacom, Time Warner, CBS), is not healthy. In-fact. I'd say It's dangerous.

When a Government gets so heavily compromised at its highest levels by the number of foreign interests holding positions in those levels, then it becomes no longer capable of effectively governing the country.

America has enjoyed a lot of prosperity largely based on an ideology of unity that has preserved it. The loss of that unity is what's destroying it. That's all.
    So, are saying that AIPAC, this lobbyist group controls the U.S. News media and congress?

http://www.aipac.org/about/mission

What evidence do you have that government officials and media corporations are controlled by AIPAC?

Give me some more details.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    So, are saying that AIPAC, this lobbyist group controls the U.S. News media and congress?

http://www.aipac.org/about/mission

What evidence do you have that government officials and media corporations are controlled by AIPAC?

Give me some more details.
    What am I, Google? Go drink your cheep vodka

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    From the AIPAC website:

http://www.aipac.org/about/how-we-work

AIPAC empowers pro-Israel activists across all ages, religions and races to be politically engaged and build relationships with members of Congress from both sides of the aisle to promote the U.S.-Israel relationship. The vital work of AIPAC is made possible by its dedicated membership participating in AIPAC’s Clubs, investing with the AIPAC Tomorrow Campaign, and being politically engaged with members of Congress.

More than 100,000 citizens from across the country work with their elected officials and AIPAC staff to strengthen the bonds between the United States and the Jewish state.

AIPAC is not a Political Action Committee and we do not rate or endorse candidates. AIPAC members in all 50 states are encouraged to be politically active and develop relationships with their members of Congress to help educate them about the importance of U.S.-Israel ties.

While building support in Washington is essential, AIPAC is found wherever the future of the U.S.-Israel relationship could be affected. AIPAC has a network of 10 regional offices and seven satellite offices that help pro-Israel activists from Missoula to Miami learn how they can affect Israel's future and security by promoting strong ties with the United States.

Pro-Israel advocacy and strengthening the U.S.-Israel relationship is a cause that concerns a broad spectrum of Americans. AIPAC professionals work with Synagogues and Churches to promote pro-Israel advocacy throughout their congregations. African American and Hispanic leaders work with AIPAC staff and their members of Congress to ensure that America supports our ally in the Middle East.

AIPAC also works on hundreds of college and high school campuses, empowering and educating student activists to answer Israel's detractors and how to use political involvement to build support for Israel.
    During the Cold War era, Israel was a dependent nation in that it probably wouldn't have existed if not for support from the U.S. and I'm not too sure how long it would survive in the modern era if they lost all support from the U.S.

I would expect a country in Israel's situation to have a strong lobbying group here.

As far as couple of big media corporations owning almost all of news outlets, how is that linked to AIPAC?

Media consolidation is a concern, but I don't see the linkage to Israel.

Help me out, show me your case, but be specific and provide some compelling evidence.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    What am I, Google? Go drink your cheep vodka
    Ok, I take that to mean that you can't. Perhaps the AIPAC conspiracy was a little tidbit you heard on Alex Jones or at a storm trooper rally.

Why are you repeating such a claim if you can't substantiate it?

Speaking of storm troopers, here is the third an final installment of the Hitler vs Vader Epic Rap Battles.

Hitler loses.
    Last edited by Absinthe Anecdote; 08-10-2015 at 06:49 PM.