Page 21 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: Election 2016

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeKerriii View Post
    "in addition to borrowing trillions to add more people to the welfare rolls." Is the BS propaganda I have problems with.
    Should have been a little more judicious with your cherry picking of his post.

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TJMAC77SP View Post
    Should have been a little more judicious with your cherry picking of his post.
    I think the lie was the main point of his post.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    Yes and no, hitting back is one thing -- not acting like a Presidential candidate is another. Trump should have expected hard(er) questions ... he is the front-runner.

IMO, Trump could have made his points, not been PC, been himself but not act like an ass to people. While his dis-invitation to the RedState gathering this weekend may be an effort to marginalize him, in large part he marginalizing himself ... I think it is also legitimate if the organizer wants the event to be taken seriously to have candidates attend that act seriously. Indicative of the circus that the Trump candidacy is becoming is the statements from Trump on the event before and after the dis-invite.
    Mikekerriii may indeed be right (that the GOP is headed the way of the Whig party).

But, it's not for the reasons he thinks. It's because, they continue to ignore the will of the core segment of their constituency

The Tea party gave the GOP control of the house in 2010 largely because of anger about TARP.

Then, in 2014 they gave them the Senate. Largely because of anger about illegal immigration.

They were given a mandate to Oppose Obongo and the Leftist agenda And the GOP has done Fuck all to oppose it (other than parading Netanyahoo up there). This begs the question. Why?

Now, Rainmaker lives in the heart of Faux "News" country.. These are mostly people that are net tax payers and not net tax takers, and they're pissed.

Vern Buchanan is our Congressional representative and You couldn't find a bigger mealy mouthed sellout RINO prick than this guy.

The GOP needs a complete makeover. But, Their answer to everything is to put up another open border, big spender, compassionate conservative Globalist like (Bush, Rubio, Christie et. al) .

That is a losing prospect and is basically no different than what Hillary brings. People don't want that anymore. This country doesn't need another democratic party light.

Depending on which poll you look at Trump is polling at 15-25%. , They need to embrace Trump and bring him into the tent and actually vet him with some real questions and not these hatchet job attacks. Cause, If they freeze him out they are going to get run over by the train.
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 08-10-2015 at 02:26 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    Mikekerriii may indeed be right (that the GOP is headed the way of the Whig party).

But, it's not for the reasons he thinks. It's because, they continue to ignore the will of the core segment of their constituency

The Tea party gave the GOP control of the house in 2010 largely because of anger about TARP.

Then, in 2014 they gave them the Senate. Largely because of anger about illegal immigration.

They were given a mandate to Oppose Obongo and the Leftist agenda And the GOP has done Fuck all to oppose it (other than parading Netanyahoo up there). This begs the question. Why?

Now, Rainmaker lives in the heart of Faux "News" country.. These are mostly people that are net tax payers and not net tax takers, and they're pissed.

Vern Buchanan is our Congressional representative and You couldn't find a bigger mealy mouthed sellout RINO prick than this guy.

The GOP needs a complete makeover. But, Their answer to everything is to put up another open border, big spender, compassionate conservative Globalist like (Bush, Rubio, Christie et. al) .

That is a losing prospect and is basically no different than what Hillary brings. People don't want that anymore. This country doesn't need another democratic party light.

Depending on which poll you look at Trump is polling at 15-25%. , They need to embrace Trump and bring him into the tent and actually vet him with some real questions and not these hatchet job attacks. Cause, If they freeze him out they are going to get run over by the train.
    I hope the republicans take your advice and run with it, seeing them get under 40% in the general election would be heartwarming, The Congressional seat that would come with a landslide that that would just be is icing on the cake.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeKerriii View Post
    I hope the republicans take your advice and run with it, seeing them get under 40% in the general election would be heartwarming, The Congressional seat that would come with a landslide that that would just be is icing on the cake.
    Da Comrade Kerr!!! I'll bet you're a GOD on Jezebel.com

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post

No, the moderate wing of the GOP needs to split and form a new party. Call it the Moderate Party and I'm ok with the mascot being a big rhinoceros.

The Moderate Party would be fiscally conservative and socially liberal. Its political base would include a large swath of the middle of both the Democrat and Republican parties.

If the RHINOs would formulate their platform to grab the middle of the political spectrum, they would steamroll elections across the nation.

The GOP is suffering from a branding problem due to the TEA party and a successful smear campaign by the Democrats to associate the GOP name with people like, dear old Rainmaker.

You and your ilk can have the GOP as far as I'm concerned.

I'll take candidates like Rubio, Christie, and Kasich. Give them a new party banner to run under and we'd swipe the base of both current parties.

You and Cruz can take the GOP name and run full crazy with it for all I care. The GOP name has been virtually ruined, and I don't see a way of saving it. You TEA party nuts are the same kind of idiots that voted for Perot in 92, and you are the same ones embracing Trump now.

I really wish the RHINOs as you call them would abandon the GOP name. This country is ripe for the rise of a third party, but it would need to come from the middle of the political spectrum to be successful.
    All behold that fancy strutting peacock, the bake sale diva...

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    Trump should have expected hard(er) questions ... he is the front-runner.

Q: Your Twitter account has several disparaging comments about women’s looks. You once told a contestant on Celebrity Apprentice it would be a pretty picture to see her on her knees. Does that sound to you like the temperament of a man we should elect as president, and how will you answer the charge from Hillary Clinton, who was likely to be the Democratic nominee, that you are part of the war on women?

Trump was right to blow this question off. Because, This is not a serious question.

It's a smear job, following right on the heels of the whole stand up and raise your hand if you won't swear unconditional allegiance to JEB Bullshit.

It's clear that Roger Ailes and the crew poured over 8 years of apprentice episodes and then took something said completely out of context in an effort just to make Trump look bad

If you have ever watched The Apprentice you'll know it was a TV SHOW. And just who is Megyn Kelly to put words in Hillary Clinton's mouth. Just when exactly did Hillary say this anyway?

And now this Silly little girl, Megyn Kelly (who only got were she is in the first place by using her tits and ass to get ahead) suddenly wants to play the gender game?

Here's another example of some of Megyn's finest work....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clTgWdrhIeg

yep, she's a regular Walter Cronkite.

I'm just glad Trump is exposing Fox to the diehard Hannity fans for the shit show it really is.
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 08-10-2015 at 05:41 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    No, the moderate wing of the GOP needs to split and form a new party. Call it the Moderate Party and I'm ok with the mascot being a big rhinoceros.

The Moderate Party would be fiscally conservative and socially liberal. Its political base would include a large swath of the middle of both the Democrat and Republican parties.

If the RHINOs would formulate their platform to grab the middle of the political spectrum, they would steamroll elections across the nation.

The GOP is suffering from a branding problem due to the TEA party and a successful smear campaign by the Democrats to associate the GOP name with people like, dear old Rainmaker.

You and your ilk can have the GOP as far as I'm concerned.

I'll take candidates like Rubio, Christie, and Kasich. Give them a new party banner to run under and we'd swipe the base of both current parties.

You and Cruz can take the GOP name and run full crazy with it for all I care. The GOP name has been virtually ruined, and I don't see a way of saving it. You TEA party nuts are the same kind of idiots that voted for Perot in 92, and you are the same ones embracing Trump now.

I really wish the RHINOs as you call them would abandon the GOP name. This country is ripe for the rise of a third party, but it would need to come from the middle of the political spectrum to be successful.
    Yes! This is my new party...I call it, The 68 Percenters...which is those within one standard deviation of normal.
    The Voice of Reason

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post

Rubio, Christie, and Kasich....Then, you might as well just vote for Hillary. because, there's really no meaningful difference between any of them. Hillary is a Neocon. I can't see why you wouldn't like her.
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 08-10-2015 at 04:38 PM.

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bos Mutus View Post
    Yes! This is my new party...I call it, The 68 Percenters...which is those within one standard deviation of normal.
    How much spare time do you have?

Would you like to start a political movement with me?
    All behold that fancy strutting peacock, the bake sale diva...