Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chatanooga shootings..

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Chatanooga shootings..

Firstly, my thoughts and condolences are with the families of the 4 deceased and with the family of the one injured Naval member..

Now that said, lets get to certain matters relating to it..

Today's Fox news was rife with comments criticizing social media, and saying that "if the govt can go after Hobby lobby" even to the point of considering them enemy #1 (supposedly) that why can't they do the same to all these social media sites, hosting or otherwise allowing radicalization of their users?

Additionally, they were calling into question the 1992 Bush Sr's order disallowing troops on base who have a personally owned and licensed gun to be allowed to carry it on base. The same was called into question after 13's shooting in the Washington shipyard massacre.
    So would you be for or against them repealing that law/?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think the left was disappointed that the scum wasnt a white mail waving the confederate flag.

Some interesting comments from Huffpo:

Tom Boone
    These are domestic terrorists attacks on our federal government. Sponsored in large part by the right wing extremists in the republican party. This is the result of the rhetoric from the likes of Donald Trump, Fox News, republican congress, right wing radio. Sow the seed and bear fruit. Welcome to your rhetoric GOP.
    Joe Denney ·
    Sales Advisor at Costco

Ken Rubenstein ·
    Works at Self-Employed

Another 2nd Amendment practitioner. Oh well, maybe he was planning to start a militia at some point.

Tommy Morris ·
    University of Dallas

I have a couple of predictions myself:
    1. The perpetrator is white. If the perpetrator was non-white a picture would be flashed across ALL media by now.
    2. Because the perpetrator is white it CANNOT be terrorism. Only people of color committ acts of terrorism. And, only WHITES can be terrorized.
    3. The shooter is MENTALLY DISTURBED and not a "THUG".

Just a few samples from the first 30 or so comments....sad cat is sad...no white devil to blame...Mike are you sad?

Though I remember one commentator trying to say that the man might have been a white arab. Another saying he might have been a white man who converted to islam and was butthurt about the gay marriage ruling..im sure many more excellent examples exist. I shudder to think what was said at the Daily Kos or the Democratic Underground.....Im sure vaccinations would be needed after reading those comments.

The left preaches tolerance but they are some of the meanest and nastiest bastards out there. So to the Left....FU

That being said....my thoughts and prayers to the families of the fallen Marines.
    The state tends to expand in proportion to its means of existence and to live beyond its means, and these are, in the last analysis, nothing but the substance of the people. Woe to the people that cannot limit the sphere of action of the state! Freedom, private enterprise, wealth, happiness, independence, personal dignity, all vanish. - Frederic Bastiat

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    Firstly, my thoughts and condolences are with the families of the 4 deceased and with the family of the one injured Naval member..

Now that said, lets get to certain matters relating to it..

Today's Fox news was rife with comments criticizing social media, and saying that "if the govt can go after Hobby lobby" even to the point of considering them enemy #1 (supposedly) that why can't they do the same to all these social media sites, hosting or otherwise allowing radicalization of their users?

Additionally, they were calling into question the 1992 Bush Sr's order disallowing troops on base who have a personally owned and licensed gun to be allowed to carry it on base. The same was called into question after 13's shooting in the Washington shipyard massacre.
    So would you be for or against them repealing that law/?
    Even Before Bushes order, troops didn't normally walk around installations armed and carrying private firearms was forbidden. At least since the end of WWI if not before

I think the the dimwitted politicians on both sides should simply let the military decide how to handle it since so few of them have a clue about what is involved

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MitchellJD1969 View Post
    I think the left was disappointed that the scum wasnt a white mail waving the confederate flag.

Tom Boone
    These are domestic terrorists attacks on our federal government. Sponsored in large part by the right wing extremists in the republican party. This is the result of the rhetoric from the likes of Donald Trump, Fox News, republican congress, right wing radio. Sow the seed and bear fruit. Welcome to your rhetoric GOP.
    Joe Denney ·
    Sales Advisor at Costco

Ken Rubenstein ·
    Works at Self-Employed

Another 2nd Amendment practitioner. Oh well, maybe he was planning to start a militia at some point.

Tommy Morris ·
    University of Dallas

1. The perpetrator is white. If the perpetrator was non-white a picture would be flashed across ALL media by now.
    2. Because the perpetrator is white it CANNOT be terrorism. Only people of color committ acts of terrorism. And, only WHITES can be terrorized.

Just a few samples from the first 30 or so comments....sad cat is sad...no white devil to blame...Mike are you sad?

Though I remember one commentator trying to say that the man might have been a white arab. Another saying he might have been a white man who converted to islam and was butthurt about the gay marriage ruling..im sure many more excellent examples exist. I shudder to think what was said at the Daily Kos or the Democratic Underground.....Im sure vaccinations would be needed after reading those comments.

The left preaches tolerance but they are some of the meanest and nastiest bastards out there. So to the Left....FU

That being said....my thoughts and prayers to the families of the fallen Marines.
    Terrorist attack in the United States tend to come from radical Islamists and radical conservatives. I wasn't hoping for it to be either but the odds were about even. My first thought was Muslim extremist my second was some Jade Helm nut-bag.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeKerriii View Post
    Terrorist attack in the United States tend to come from radical Islamists and radical conservatives.
    There are several radical left-wing groups too:

Animal Liberation Front
    Earth Liberation Front

The FBI tracks the Black Panthers as an extremest group and their activities in the 70s and 80s would today classify them in the 'terrorist' category.

The current FBI list of most wanted terrorists contains 28 names, 26 are Middle Eastern and 2 are leftist domestic terrorists (one who fled to Cuba after murdering a police officer.)

Not trying to prop up the right-wing side, but extremism (right, left, religious, etc.) is generally bad and a breeding ground for people to justify illegal acts.
    Last edited by Mjölnir; 07-18-2015 at 01:31 AM.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    There are several radical left-wing groups too:

Animal Liberation Front
    Earth Liberation Front

The FBI tracks the Black Panthers as an extremest group and their activities in the 70s and 80s would today classify them in the 'terrorist' category.

The current FBI list of most wanted terrorists contains 28 names, 26 are Middle Eastern and 2 are leftist domestic terrorists (one who fled to Cuba after murdering a police officer.)

Not trying to prop up the right-wing side, but extremism (right, left, religious, etc.) is generally bad and a breeding ground for people to justify illegal acts.
    I agree the Black Pather were bad news, even if now they are mostly aa joke. Few of the ones that could legitamate be called terrorists are still alive now and those are geriatrics

But all the leftist radical group pale when pale before the grand history of the oldest terrorist group operating in American the KKK.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Tom Boone
    Joe Denney ·
    Sales Advisor at Costco

Ken Rubenstein ·
    Works at Self-Employed

Tommy Morris ·
    University of Dallas

You should check out Salon.com. Those wackjob leftists are in complete denial, to the extent of blasting Fox news and other conservative outlets for even suggesting this attack had anything to do with Islam. These people (Salon fans) absolutely HATE America. It's unbelievable.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeKerriii View Post
    Terrorist attack in the United States tend to come from radical Islamists and radical conservatives. I wasn't hoping for it to be either but the odds were about even. My first thought was Muslim extremist my second was some Jade Helm nut-bag.
    Let's make a deal. I'll admit there are right-wing radicals with terrorist tendencies (because there are), if you admit we are at war (or should be) with radical Islam. Except the big difference is, radical Islam is controlling entire nations, and are threatening overrunning others. Hardly a comparison between the nut job fringe groups in the US and the threat Islam poses to the entire free world.
    Last edited by FLAPS, USAF (ret); 07-18-2015 at 04:05 AM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Wouldn't surprise me one bit..

But as to his ancestry, according to both CNN and fox at around 1:20, he was Kuwaiti born, naturalized in the US. And now they are looking into his recent trip to Jordan (which is a hop, skip and a jump over into ISIS held territory in Syria)..

But all the leftist radical group pale when pale before the grand history of the oldest terrorist group operating in American the KKK.
    Which was founded, started and ran by Democrats, NOT conservative republicans.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    Which was founded, started and ran by Democrats, NOT conservative republicans.
    According to Wikepedia, "The Ku Klux Klan (KKK), or simply "the Klan", includes three distinct movements in the United States. The first sought to overthrow the Republican state governments in the South during the Reconstruction Era, especially by violence against African American leaders."

Yeah, he's right. The OTHER leftist terrorist groups pale in comparison to THEIR granddaddy of all US terrorist groups.