Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Chatanooga shootings..

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Columbus, ohio
    Posts
    3,337
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    DOubt the left would ever admit to that though.

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    965
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FLAPS, USAF (ret) View Post
    Let's make a deal. I'll admit there are right-wing radicals with terrorist tendencies (because there are), if you admit we are at war (or should be) with radical Islam. Except the big difference is, radical Islam is controlling entire nations, and are threatening overrunning others. Hardly a comparison between the nut job fringe groups in the US and the threat Islam poses to the entire free world.
    I have never doubted we are at war with Radical Islam, s doing so is silly. I just think we are ate war with all Muslims. the guy across the street from me is not my enemy. Radical Islam has controlled whole countries in the middle east f d for nearly a entry, since the Brits b put the fanatical House of Saudi in charge in The Arabian peninsula. The Wahhabi hate has spread financed and supported By the Saudi
    Islam is controlling whole countries across the oceans, the KKK and its ilk are killing people in the US.

    Have I every said a single thing that implied that I doubted radical Islam is our enemy? I just think that we have both internal enemies and extremal enemies of many types and to the average American more danger is posed by the internal ones.

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    965
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    DOubt the left would ever admit to that though.
    You think there is anything like a unified left something solid enough to be called " the left". ROTFLMAO

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    965
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FLAPS, USAF (ret) View Post
    According to Wikepedia, "The Ku Klux Klan (KKK), or simply "the Klan", includes three distinct movements in the United States. The first sought to overthrow the Republican state governments in the South during the Reconstruction Era, especially by violence against African American leaders."

    Yeah, he's right. The OTHER leftist terrorist groups pale in comparison to THEIR granddaddy of all US terrorist groups.
    In the age of the X Dixiecrats the Klan was democratic, but them Came the Republican Southern Strategy an the KKK moved to the Republicans along with vile scum like Strom Thurmond, you would have a valid point is your point did not require ignoring the last 50 years.

  5. #15
    Senior Member TJMAC77SP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    3,156
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeKerriii View Post
    In the age of the X Dixiecrats the Klan was democratic, but them Came the Republican Southern Strategy an the KKK moved to the Republicans along with vile scum like Strom Thurmond, you would have a valid point is your point did not require ignoring the last 50 years.
    Aside from your usual limited view of history you really are a slave to the notion that people are all of one thing or another. They are complete vile scum bags or not. I wonder if you would sustain the same judgment. I wouldn't.

    BTW. On a side note, your typing still makes your posts very hard to read. We already know you only have the use of fours fingers. Have heard it more than once. Type with two fingers. There is no clock on how long it takes you to post.
    ___________________
    Read carefully, think, then write thoughtfully……………………………..

    I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    965
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TJMAC77SP View Post
    Aside from your usual limited view of history you really are a slave to the notion that people are all of one thing or another. They are complete vile scum bags or not. I wonder if you would sustain the same judgment. I wouldn't.

    BTW. On a side note, your typing still makes your posts very hard to read. We already know you only have the use of fours fingers. Have heard it more than once. Type with two fingers. There is no clock on how long it takes you to post.
    Strom Thurmond and the Dixiecrat like him were not complete scumbags. But those parts of them that were not can safely be ignored. Being 99% scumbag equals being a scumbag. Folk like Thurmond and Helms had long careers to thoroughly reinforce the idea that they were scum and the succeed in proving that very well. When someones main goal in life is harming those weaker than you I see no reason to respect him

  7. #17
    Senior Member TJMAC77SP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    3,156
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeKerriii View Post
    Strom Thurmond and the Dixiecrat like him were not complete scumbags. But those parts of them that were not can safely be ignored. Being 99% scumbag equals being a scumbag. Folk like Thurmond and Helms had long careers to thoroughly reinforce the idea that they were scum and the succeed in proving that very well. When someones main goal in life is harming those weaker than you I see no reason to respect him
    Not surprisingly you missed the point but ok.

    I for one am self aware (and honest) enough to wonder what my belief system would have been like had I been born in South Carolina in 1902. It isn't a matter of respect (or disrespect). It is a matter of recognizing reality and understanding while not condoning. Hyperbole is always a weak and telling tactic.
    ___________________
    Read carefully, think, then write thoughtfully……………………………..

    I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

  8. #18
    Senior Member Rainmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    on a Marl Road
    Posts
    3,883
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    According to the justice department, From 2010-2014, 121 American citizens were Murdered by Illegal Immigrants that had been released back on to the Streets By ICE. Zero were killed by the kkk.

    Therefore, it stands to reason that the Obama administration is far more dangerous to the security of the American Citizenry than the klan.
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 07-20-2015 at 08:30 PM.

  9. #19
    Senior Member Rainmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    on a Marl Road
    Posts
    3,883
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeKerriii View Post
    Strom Thurmond and the Dixiecrat like him were not complete scumbags. But those parts of them that were not can safely be ignored. Being 99% scumbag equals being a scumbag. Folk like Thurmond and Helms had long careers to thoroughly reinforce the idea that they were scum and the succeed in proving that very well. When someones main goal in life is harming those weaker than you I see no reason to respect him
    Strom Thurmond was an American Patriot that landed in a glider at D-Day.

    According to Delaware Senator Joe Biden, Thurmond lost a primary in the 1940s because, he was trying too much to help African Americans.

    http://archive.frontpagemag.com/read...px?ARTID=17465

    So Mike, What are your thoughts on WW2 Draft dodger Robert Byrd?? What % scumbag was he?
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 07-20-2015 at 08:29 PM.

  10. #20
    Member MitchellJD1969's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    96
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeKerriii View Post
    You think there is anything like a unified left something solid enough to be called " the left". ROTFLMAO
    Trying to sort out what you are RTFLMAO about but the "left" are the ones going for lack of better words...to the left. They sacrificed the Blue Dogs and have as a potential democratic nominee a self avowed socialist. Now tell me how the left is anywhere close to the center nowadays? Yet they have the mendacity to say the right has moved....hell the left is even alling the center rightwing...again i say the left is the most meanest intolerant nastiest bastards in politics....because of the collectivist idenity they seem to share. Another nominee says "all lives matter" and the netroots nutsos drive him off stage....seriously? WTF?

    Im sorry I should say progressives instead of the left....I shouldnt insult liberals that way.
    The state tends to expand in proportion to its means of existence and to live beyond its means, and these are, in the last analysis, nothing but the substance of the people. Woe to the people that cannot limit the sphere of action of the state! Freedom, private enterprise, wealth, happiness, independence, personal dignity, all vanish. - Frederic Bastiat

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •