Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Free internet for low income households.. WHY????

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by giggawatt View Post
    Seems to me that poor people get all kinds of free shit and rich people get all kinds of free shit. Middle class gets the shaft. I guess if you want free shit you gotta become rich or poor.
    IMO the big difference is most of the 'free shit' the rich get are from hard work, whether in the form of tax breaks or investments. Where as the poor get theirs just cause they are poor.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    So what's the logistics behind the free internet? Do the households get free computers in order to use the internet? Free antivirus subscriptions?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    So what's the logistics behind the free internet? Do the households get free computers in order to use the internet? Free antivirus subscriptions?
    That is a valid question SJ.. What is the point in giving a household free internet, if they don't have a tablet, laptop/desktop or phone to use it?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Hold on, there. Isn't wifi natural, just like air? And since the internet exists inside this invisible cloud of wifi, I imagine that every one could get it, just by standing about outside, and basking in it's glory. Or inside, even!

I may be speaking in the wrong space/time continuum. In my world, at birth, everyone has some implants and adjustments done to them by the good doctors of Microsoft, so that they can enjoy being connected 24/7.

By the looks of some of the statements made in here, your planet hasn't yet made the great birth gift made free by the world government.

Just wait. It's coming soon! The great hive mind will get it's updates during the sleeping hours.

People like you might have this great set of implants and adjustments at the labor camps that are being set up right now!

Oops. I might have said too much. So, right now, I am putting my head into the lead lined hat (which I assume we all own a copy of, us being 'future people'). Those of us who do not want to be instantly switched off for breaking the rule of 'Never Step on a Butterfly', anyway.

Over and out.
    Theirs not to question why, theirs but to do and die, into the valley of spam, rode the Super Moderators

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    I think it would work the same way as TV and radio. TV and radio are paid for by companies who purchase advertising space. I imagine that free internet could work the same way. TVs and radios themselves aren't free, but... a brand new TV and a brand new computer are roughly the same price. Then again, who says you have to buy them brand new?

I actually don't own a laptop. Mine crapped out on me a few months ago, but all I did with it was surf the net with it anyway. Prior to that, I used it for school to write papers and all that... but I don't need that anymore.

How to I get on the net? I bought brand new prepaid smartphone at Walmart for $30. Surfing the net with a smartphone is a bit more cumbersome than with an actual PC, but is very effective at keeping my $250 in my wallet instead of shelling it out for a laptop.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males