Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The First Out Transgender Active Duty U.S. Army Officer: “My Story Is Not Unique”

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    The other day Rainmaker had to go out to the local base to meet up with a friend of his for a round of golf...............The slightly overweight female gate guard that took my ID to scan it with the card reader, was wearing blue latex hospital gloves..... I guess she just couldn't risk getting any ickie germies on her...

.....Meanwhile 9th century ISIS throwbacks are chopping motherfucker's heads off and throwin bitches off roof tops bare handed....... But, American Media is ALL HOMO, ALL THE TIME!!.... 24-7 they can never stop talking about the queers......

It has to be evident to all but most completely brainwashed among us that we are 3rd century Rome on the brink of collapse...

http://www.rome.info/history/empire/fall/
    Guys like Noam Chomsky will tell you the reason American media focuses on stories about transgenders and the Kardashians is to distract you from the real news stories.

Good thing the rise of the Internet has fostered a segmentation of news media sources. If you don't like what CNN is serving, you can hop over to Mother Jones or Alex Jones and get your news from them.

As a corrupt, decadent, and throughly brainwashed American, I'm currently enthralled with stories about subversive ideologues who claim everything is a conspiracy.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to turn on NPR so I can listen to a story on how we should do away with modern agriculture and rely on locally grown organic produce.
    Last edited by Absinthe Anecdote; 06-11-2015 at 12:19 PM.
    All behold that fancy strutting peacock, the bake sale diva...

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Meanwhile, we have been distracted from the most important element of the story.

Is she hot? Not nearly enough in my opinion.

I think she needs to wear more cosmetics, maybe some reality show producer will pay her to have a makeover.

With a little makeup Jamie Lee Henery could look like transgender from Sons of Anarchy.

Now the SOA transgender, is a hot transgender. She can bring home the bacon, and fry it up in the pan, then smash you over the head with the pan if you get too fresh.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeKerriii View Post
    The Constitution defines treason clearly and is legal binding so I mean everyone that voluntarily took up arms against the United States, both politicians and soldiers
    Treason is defined by a lot of sources. I suppose there are (maybe) some die hard Britons who still think of the founding fathers as traitors. I think RM was subtly pointing out your superfluous use of the word to make your point

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    Meanwhile, we have been distracted from the most important element of the story.

Is she hot? Not nearly enough in my opinion.

I think she needs to wear more cosmetics, maybe some reality show producer will pay her to have a makeover.

With a little makeup Jamie Lee Henery could look like transgender from Sons of Anarchy.

Now the SOA transgender, is a hot transgender. She can bring home the bacon, and fry it up in the pan, then smash you over the head with the pan if you get too fresh.

That storyline fascinated me on SoA. That guy (Walter Goggins) can act. I remember first seeing him on The Shield.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TJMAC77SP View Post
    That storyline fascinated me on SoA. That guy (Walter Goggins) can act. I remember first seeing him on The Shield.
    Yes, it was an interesting storyline and Goggins played the part in a way that you could not help but to like the character.

As far as LGBT issues in the military, there are many more tolerant people than some Christian people claimed.

When Don't ask, Don't tell was implemented, some Christian people claimed there would be chaos. There wasn't.

When LGBT members were allowed to serve openly, some Christian people claimed there would be chaos. There wasn't.

If I can work along side a Christian fundamentalist, I'm confident that I can work along side a transgender.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ol Tig was hitting that pretty regularly too.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    Yes, it was an interesting storyline and Goggins played the part in a way that you could not help but to like the character.

As far as LGBT issues in the military, there are many more tolerant people than some Christian people claimed.

When Don't ask, Don't tell was implemented, some Christian people claimed there would be chaos. There wasn't.

When LGBT members were allowed to serve openly, some Christian people claimed there would be chaos. There wasn't.

If I can work along side a Christian fundamentalist, I'm confident that I can work along side a transgender.
    True enough. Hell, long before DADT I served with obviously gay people and for the most part they were accepted. There was a shake of the head and life went on.

I am disheartened by the vehemence I see towards Caitlyn Jenner (figure I better get on the train and call her that). The stuff coming from the radical Christian right I expect but the stuff I see on FB from otherwise moderate people, in some cases friends. Posts of soldiers and Jenner with a caption referencing the courage award she is to receive. Stupid....just stupid.

To my knowledge Jenner herself has not referred to herself as having courage or being a hero. She has said she hopes to help the TG community, particularly as a GOP member with friends in the party. That is a good thing.

Does anyone with six brain cells the work in conjunction believe that she (or an TG individual) would CHOOSE (emphasis, not yelling) to be the way they are? Of course not, it is a life of hell. Watch the ABC interview with Jenner. You can see the pain he went through on the way to becoming her. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mata Leao View Post
    Ol Tig was hitting that pretty regularly too.
    That wrap up of Tig and Venus' storyline was masterful. My son and I watched SoA together and Tig's actions and words always had us laughing.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    The Constitution defines treason clearly and is legal binding so I mean everyone that voluntarily took up arms against the United States, both politicians and soldiers
    This is a good point and yet those who fought on the side of the Confederacy weren't charged. There are 2 reasons for this.

1. it wouldn't have held up in court. Article 1 Section 8 gave the states the right to secede. South Carolina seceded peacefully, it wasn't until 5 months later when the Union resupplied Ft. Sumter (an act of war) that shots were fired.

2. About 30% of civil war soldiers fought on the side of the confederacy (including 3,000 of the 10,000 jews that served) and it just wouldn't have been practical to try them all with treason. My point is that people largely fought based on where they lived.

The Civil war is the greatest tragedy in American History and never needed to be fought. Slavery was the pretext for the Northern Industrialists to get rid of the politicians of the Southern Honor Society, that couldn't be bought off and wouldn't just roll over to their demands for centralization of power. Slavery was a dying institution and would've collapsed on its own in another generation. Mostly everyone in the country at the time (other than the Christian abolitionists) were White Supremacists.

I am a great example of that Rural, but not a conservative. My father served and was a not religious , my brothers served and are not religious, and I served as an vocal atheist. Not to mention Jews Buddhists, Pagans , and Muslims and others who have fought and died for this nation.
    What do you mean by "vocal" atheist? what do you go around with a bullhorn shouting God is dead or something? My son just commissioned last month as an Army Infantry Officer. Largely because, just Like yours, his family comes from a long line going all the way back to the Revolutionary war. I have several ancestors that served on the side of the Union in the MD Potomac Home Brigade. My wife is from the Panhandle of Florida and they have a different view of the history.

t
    he service is better off without them. Just like they were better off with the tradition minded conservatives that screamed in 1948. We swear to follow legal orders and defend the Constitution If you can't do both stay the hell out of uniform.
    So, are you saying the post WW2 military is a more effective combat force than the one that defeated the Axis? You do realize that The US military hasn't won a war since it was desegregated. Correct?

We don't have any problem getting enough people to wear the uniform and these social changes mean that more are eligible.
    So, this is a military necessity because of the hordes of transvestites are now going to be eligible to serve? Is that right? I'd ask At what cost? The net effect of this constant drumbeat of the Communist Social Engineering is to undermine the reputation and morale of the military with the group that disproportionately serves in the combat arms in the greatest numbers. Rural White Men.

The military exists to fight and win the nation's wars, not to serve as a proving ground for LBGT Utopian dreams of Combat Barbie.

The oath is very simple, it is also something that is not discretionary, excerpt for the last line, where the oath and the Constitution have a conflict that can be solved by making the last line optional, which the services have been doing since the line was added
    Yep, But, then there's also this... "Whenever any form of government becomes destructive of the ends for which it was established, it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government"
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 06-11-2015 at 08:05 PM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    That wrap up of Tig and Venus' storyline was masterful. My son and I watched SoA together and Tig's actions and words always had us laughing.
    I am somewhat surprised that I liked that series as much as I did.

I throughly despise bikers, but the excellent acting and storytelling kept me coming back.

Kurt Sutter knows how to produce an interesting TV series, about the only criticism that I have of the show is how some of the montages and action sequences were done.
    Last edited by Absinthe Anecdote; 06-11-2015 at 02:30 PM.