Thread: TSgt fled court martial, started bucket list then caught in Reno

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

TSgt fled court martial, started bucket list then caught in Reno

Surprised this hasn't been brought up. Guy gets brought up on sexual assault to a minor then flees before his court martial date. He went missing for a couple weeks only to be pulled over in Reno for a busted tail light on his motorcycle. After they took him into custody they discovered he created a bucket list of things to do before getting caught which included sky diving, driving a race car and cruising the California highway on his motorcycle.

http://www.airforcetimes.com/story/m...ault/28729237/

http://www.mynews4.com/news/story/Fu...-uWX4YUig.cspx
    Last edited by CJSmith; 06-10-2015 at 10:40 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If I had a court date for charges I was guilty of, given the opportunity, I would run too.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mata Leao View Post
    If I had a court date for charges I was guilty of, given the opportunity, I would run too.
    I'm surprised we don't see people do that more often...

I'm also surprised how often, it seems, people get caught for having a busted taillight...I see people driving around all the time with busted taillights...maybe they eventually get stopped. Or, are the cops following these guys already and need to pull them over for something so they get them on the taillight?

Didn't they catch the Son of Sam on a taillight, too? And Timothy McVeigh on something similar?

If I'm ever on the run, I'm gonna check my lights every day, just like on a GOV
    The Voice of Reason

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I'd just get in the ocean and swim away. Yes, I'd live under the sea. I would also smoke a shitload of ganja and start singing songs in a Jamacian accent.

Under the sea
    Under the sea
    Darling it's better
    Down where it's wetter
    Take it from me
    Up on the shore they work all day
    Out in the sun they slave away
    While we devotin'
    Full time to floatin'
    Under the sea
    All behold that fancy strutting peacock, the bake sale diva...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    I'd just get in the ocean and swim away. Yes, I'd live under the sea. I would also smoke a shitload of ganja and start singing songs in a Jamacian accent.

Under the sea
    Under the sea
    Darling it's better
    Down where it's wetter
    Take it from me
    Up on the shore they work all day
    Out in the sun they slave away
    While we devotin'
    Full time to floatin'
    Under the sea
    You can't smoke underwater. You are wrong, ergo every post you have ever made is wrong.

that was supposed to be funny.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    I have this great uncle that was aboard the USS Bullhead, during WW2. I believe that sailors were allowed to smoke, while being underwater, in their submarines.

Anyway, since the Bullhead went missing, it was put on the list of 'On an Eternal Cruise', I would guess that his sub was sunk due to everyone smoking at once. From a bomb dropped on them.

It was last spotted at the Lombok Strait. I believe that it was the last ship/boat/submarine sunk during WW2, from the US.

It has never been found. I want to dive the area, to wreath it However, that area is considered to be dangerous for people from the Great White Satan to be in.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bos Mutus View Post

I'm also surprised how often, it seems, people get caught for having a busted taillight...I see people driving around all the time with busted taillights...maybe they eventually get stopped. Or, are the cops following these guys already and need to pull them over for something so they get them on the taillight?

Didn't they catch the Son of Sam on a taillight, too? And Timothy McVeigh on something similar?

McVeigh was stopped for not having a tag on the vehicle he was driving and David Berkowitz (Son of Sam) was caught primarily because of a parking tickets in the vicinity of one of the killings. Equally dumb things.

AA: I am not being a stickler here, merely accurate.

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bos Mutus View Post

A busted taillight really isn't that important. They get called in, if the car comes back stolen or the driver wanted they'll get stopped. But you're not likely to get pulled over, especially in a state that requires inspections since you have to get it fixed anyway.

In this particular case, the guy had out of state plates of course. He came back as a fugitive and was stopped.

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UncaRastus View Post
    I have this great uncle that was aboard the USS Bullhead, during WW2. I believe that sailors were allowed to smoke, while being underwater, in their submarines.

Anyway, since the Bullhead went missing, it was put on the list of 'On an Eternal Cruise', I would guess that his sub was sunk due to everyone smoking at once. From a bomb dropped on them.

It was last spotted at the Lombok Strait. I believe that it was the last ship/boat/submarine sunk during WW2, from the US.

It has never been found. I want to dive the area, to wreath it However, that area is considered to be dangerous for people from the Great White Satan to be in.
    That is very close to Bali, you can go there without too much concern.
    All behold that fancy strutting peacock, the bake sale diva...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A busted taillight really isn't that important. They get called in, if the car comes back stolen or the driver wanted they'll get stopped. But you're not likely to get pulled over, especially in a state that requires inspections since you have to get it fixed anyway.

In this particular case, the guy had out of state plates of course. He came back as a fugitive and was stopped.
    Depends on the state, and how bored the cop is. When I served on board the Big E (USS Enterprise), they had a guy returned from being AWOL for 4 years. Asked him how he finally got caught, and he said a cop pulled him over for a tail light being out. Said as soon as he saw the red lights behind him, pulling him over, he knew it was all over, and he'd be coming back to face charges.