Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kilts in Uniform

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Kilts in Uniform

When I was stationed in Germany (Ramstein) there was a vendor on base that sold kilts. They old me that there was guidance saying you could where a kilt in Mess Dress if you could trace your lineage back to Scotland or Ireland. I have heard from several people that they have been to official military functions with people wearing kilts in Mess Dress. Does anyone know what this AFI/regulation is? It's not mentioned anywhere in 36-2903. Thank for the help.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by natethegreat View Post
    When I was stationed in Germany (Ramstein) there was a vendor on base that sold kilts. They old me that there was guidance saying you could where a kilt in Mess Dress if you could trace your lineage back to Scotland or Ireland. I have heard from several people that they have been to official military functions with people wearing kilts in Mess Dress. Does anyone know what this AFI/regulation is? It's not mentioned anywhere in 36-2903. Thank for the help.
    I don't mind looking this up for you if you could do me a favor. I have spent all morning looking for the key to the approach gate. Maintenance says they gave it to the tower, the tower says they saw it last at supply, and supply says maintenance has it. I'm at a loss for what to do here. I can check on your kilt in uniform thing if you can find the approach gate key. If we don't find it by the end of the day we are going to have to call Col. Sanders at 1-800-225-5532 and let him know.

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    This is 173% true. However, you must carry your family lineage with you at all times in the form of a Scottish Hossenfeffer or an Irish Snipenclagit.

I can sell you kits for both at a reasonable price so you won't have to bother with Colenel Sanders and his approach gate key.
    All behold that fancy strutting peacock, the bake sale diva...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeRandomGuy View Post
    I don't mind looking this up for you if you could do me a favor. I have spent all morning looking for the key to the approach gate. Maintenance says they gave it to the tower, the tower says they saw it last at supply, and supply says maintenance has it. I'm at a loss for what to do here. I can check on your kilt in uniform thing if you can find the approach gate key. If we don't find it by the end of the day we are going to have to call Col. Sanders at 1-800-225-5532 and let him know.
    Actually, that directive has changed. According to the OPORD, he has to fill out a BA-11 Series form to get access to the keys. Why in the hell will you send the man off on a mission with bad intel? What's wrong with you?
    Efficiency through redundancy is a contradiction in terms.

Attrition is not an effective means of combat.

“The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don’t just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and riffle their pockets for new vocabulary.” – James Nicoll

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I'm going to guess that you're an FNG from straight out of basic/tech school, and some SrA has you going around and asking about this.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Wow, sorry I posted this. I guess I'll tell you guys thanks from all the people you weren't being an ass to because you spent the time doing this.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Wow, sorry I posted this. I guess I'll tell you guys thanks from all the people you weren't being an ass to because you spent the time doing this.
    You just got your turn on MTF just like everyone else does.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Dude looks like a lady...
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 06-04-2015 at 05:42 PM.

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    Dude looks like a lady...
    No ranting about diversity or multi-culturalism?

I'm disappointed in you.
    All behold that fancy strutting peacock, the bake sale diva...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    While @natethegreat isn't a new poster, he is a low-count poster; rather than using his question to potentially gain a more frequent user, some people just ridiculed his question.

I guess the irony is lost on people that in a week or two there will likely again be complaining about MTF being slow.
    Last edited by Mjölnir; 06-04-2015 at 06:42 PM.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.