Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 136

Thread: Hypenated Americans.

  1. #21
    Senior Member Rainmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    on a Marl Road
    Posts
    3,883
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    It's all part of the Oligarch diversity campaign which seeks to convince you that a common culture in the nation is no longer necessary.

    They call it "Progress". But, what it really means is, keeping us divided amongst ourselves by setting up different standards of expected behavior for whites and blacks.

    Divide-Conquer
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 06-01-2015 at 12:45 PM.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Rusty Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    3,937
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    It's all part of the Oligarch diversity campaign which seeks to convince you that a common culture in the nation is no longer necessary.

    They call it "Progress". But, what it really means is, keeping us divided amongst ourselves by setting up different standards of expected behavior for whites and blacks.

    Divide-Conquer
    Here's an idea: all the white folks who are pissed off about not having a common culture can fix this by acting black. There you go, now everyone is the same. Problem solved.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

  3. #23
    Senior Member Rainmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    on a Marl Road
    Posts
    3,883
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    Here's an idea: all the white folks who are pissed off about not having a common culture can fix this by acting black. There you go, now everyone is the same. Problem solved.
    "There is a class of colored people who make a business
    of keeping the troubles, the wrongs and the hardships of
    the Negro race before the public.

    Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his
    grievances because they do not want to lose their jobs.

    There is a certain class of race-problem solvers who don't
    want the patient to get well."

    - Booker T. Washington

  4. #24
    Senior Member Rusty Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    3,937
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    "There is a class of colored people who make a business
    of keeping the troubles, the wrongs and the hardships of
    the Negro race before the public.

    Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his
    grievances because they do not want to lose their jobs.

    There is a certain class of race-problem solvers who don't
    want the patient to get well."

    - Booker T. Washington
    Okay, great. So what about my suggestion? It's time to put up or shut up.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

  5. #25
    Senior Member Rainmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    on a Marl Road
    Posts
    3,883
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    Okay, great. So what about my suggestion? It's time to put up or shut up.
    Sure. But, In order to evaluate your suggestion, It would help if you could define "acting black" for us.

  6. #26
    Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    3,669
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    Okay, great. So what about my suggestion? It's time to put up or shut up.
    How does one act black? Other than hip hop style and culture, I'm baffled by that statement.

    Eat soul food? That is just southern food that poor folks of both colors eat when you examine it closely.

    Talk black? The use of southern and urban dialect is really more heavily influenced by one's education level.

    Since you are half white, do you feel pressure to "act black" in order to gain acceptance from other blacks?

    As a poor white boy who grew up in a black neighborhood I felt rejected by everyone.

    The blacks were wary of me, the rich white kids at my high school would have nothing to do with me.

    The other poor white kids were into a bunch of crap that didn't interest me.

    I didn't feel social acceptance until I joined the military.
    All behold that fancy strutting peacock, the bake sale diva...

  7. #27
    Senior Member Rusty Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    3,937
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    Sure. But, In order to evaluate your suggestion, It would help if you could define "acting black" for us.
    You're not an "us," Rainmaker. You're a "me."

    Anyhow, I'm not going to define that for you. This is clearly a verbal rope-a-dope tactic and since you yourself spoke of your displeasure in there being different black and white cultures instead of one culture, you clearly don't need anything spelled out for you.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

  8. #28
    Senior Member Rusty Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    3,937
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    How does one act black? Other than hip hop style and culture, I'm baffled by that statement.

    Eat soul food? That is just southern food that poor folks of both colors eat when you examine it closely.

    Talk black? The use of southern and urban dialect is really more heavily influenced by one's education level.

    Since you are half white, do you feel pressure to "act black" in order to gain acceptance from other blacks?

    As a poor white boy who grew up in a black neighborhood I felt rejected by everyone.

    The blacks were wary of me, the rich white kids at my high school would have nothing to do with me.

    The other poor white kids were into a bunch of crap that didn't interest me.

    I didn't feel social acceptance until I joined the military.
    Well, I guess there's no such thing as acting black or white then? Does that mean that there is only one culture, and that Rainmaker is complaining about a nonexistent issue?
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

  9. #29
    Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    3,669
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    Well, I guess there's no such thing as acting black or white then? Does that mean that there is only one culture, and that Rainmaker is complaining about a nonexistent issue?
    There are some cultural things that are unique to American Blacks. Several genres of music come to mind.

    From black gospel, to jazz and hip hop.

    But black behavior?

    I don't know what that is, not being snarky either.

    I never know what Rainmaker is talking about, I just assume he is being racist.
    All behold that fancy strutting peacock, the bake sale diva...

  10. #30
    Senior Member Rusty Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    3,937
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    There are some cultural things that are unique to American Blacks. Several genres of music come to mind.

    From black gospel, to jazz and hip hop.

    But black behavior?

    I don't know what that is, not being snarky either.

    I never know what Rainmaker is talking about, I just assume he is being racist.
    Rainmaker is speaking of the separate cultures and different standards of behavior. Whatever they may be, I'm offering him a suggestion on how to fix his problem.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •