Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who will the Atheists vote for now?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Who will the Atheists vote for now?

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/27/politi...ith/index.html

Oh dear...she brought up her religion...can't have somebody in office who will talk publicly about their Christian beliefs because we must keep separation of church and state. I wonder who the Atheist lobby will support now.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I wonder if the Freedom from Religion foundation will now start going after ANY politician who talks about religion..

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    I wonder if the Freedom from Religion foundation will now start going after ANY politician who talks about religion..
    Don't know. I just know that if I was Atheist I'd have a hard time voting for someone who's beliefs are based on some imaginary fairy tale creature. I'd question that person's sanity and capability to run a country. I mean, a Christian doesn't believe in evolution which means that they don't believe "facts" given to them by a large majority of scientists. How can that person be trusted to make decisions based on recommendations from the scientific community?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Don't know. I just know that if I was Atheist I'd have a hard time voting for someone who's beliefs are based on some imaginary fairy tale creature. I'd question that person's sanity and capability to run a country. I mean, a Christian doesn't believe in evolution which means that they don't believe "facts" given to them by a large majority of scientists. How can that person be trusted to make decisions based on recommendations from the scientific community?
    We atheist have not had much choice in the matter, So we tend to vote for the person whom seems less driven by their invisible friends. For example: if god tells you to go to war I am not going to vote for you.

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Yeah it is pretty tough to pick a candidate sometimes. It has me thinking of switching to Great Pumpkin worship.

All I have to do is believe in the Great Pumpkin like a little child and he becomes real.
    All behold that fancy strutting peacock, the bake sale diva...

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeKerriii View Post
    We atheist have not had much choice in the matter, So we tend to vote for the person whom seems less driven by their invisible friends. For example: if god tells you to go to war I am not going to vote for you.
    Why don't you write in someone who shares your beliefs? Apparently Christians are the craziest people out there, can't think for themselves, hate gays, etc. Why would you compromise your beliefs (or lack there of) just to go with the popular choice?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    As there ever been a politician (especially at the federal level) who WAS an atheist?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    The intent of this thread is pretty obvious. And people fell for it.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    The intent of this thread is pretty obvious. And people fell for it.
    It was obvious. It was to point out how Atheists will talk about Christians believing in fairy tales, not buying into the consensus of the scientific community on many issues, yet still be willing and more than happy to support these crazy people to make the most important decisions in the world. I guess we aren't as crazy as you guys like to make out. Guess it's nothing more than hyperbole.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    It was obvious. It was to point out how Atheists will talk about Christians believing in fairy tales, not buying into the consensus of the scientific community on many issues, yet still be willing and more than happy to support these crazy people to make the most important decisions in the world. I guess we aren't as crazy as you guys like to make out. Guess it's nothing more than hyperbole.
    Great, now that you've said what you had to say... what now?
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males