Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Idiots

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Idiots

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/29/us/moh...est/index.html

Awesome...let's disparage millions of people...let's make those who don't hate us start hating us. OH....and let's all be "outraged" and shocked when this place gets attacked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post

Awesome...let's disparage millions of people...let's make those who don't hate us start hating us. OH....and let's all be "outraged" and shocked when this place gets attacked.
    I wouldn't be outraged or shocked if there was violence.

But, folks in our country do have a right to be idiots, a right to be misinformed and a right to be non-violently antagonistic. At the point that the antagonized become violent it makes them the criminal ... pretty simple.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    What they're doing is counterproductive to their cause. They're only going to create more sympathy for Muslims. I remember how WJ5 used to complain about atheists slamming Christians more than or instead of Muslims. Well, there's his answer.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post

But, folks in our country do have a right to be idiots, a right to be misinformed and a right to be non-violently antagonistic. At the point that the antagonized become violent it makes them the criminal ... pretty simple.
    Right, because an ex-Marine wearing a t-shirt that says "Fuck Islam" isn't inciting violence.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post

Yes, they have the right to be idiots but some people, like these clowns, simply abuse that right.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post

And these are the same ones who would start screaming religious persecution if it was about Jesus.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    What they're doing is counterproductive to their cause. They're only going to create more sympathy for Muslims. I remember how WJ5 used to complain about atheists slamming Christians more than or instead of Muslims. Well, there's his answer.
    Yep, that's exactly what they're going to do...it's their right, sure, it's just stupid. Maybe some of these people will take their families to this exhibit and we can an least have a partial hindrance to their gene pools.

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LogDog View Post
    And these are the same ones who would start screaming religious persecution if it was about Jesus.
    I don't think so, the organizer is an evil atheist.

Jon Ritzheimer, a self-described patriot and atheist, is organizing an anti-Muslim "Muhammad Cartoon Contest" outside a mosque in Phoenix, Arizona, on Friday.

"I don't even really want it to be about me, I want it to be just about pushing out the truth about Islam," Ritzheimer told 12 News.

Ritzheimer defended a "F--- Islam" T-shirt that his followers wear, and attributed the bigotry to not being "politically correct."

Ritzheimer, who claims to be a Marine, added, "It's not that some people are out perverting [Islam], it's, these guys are following their book as it's written."

A Facebook page set up by Ritzheimer for the event, entitled "Freedom of Speech Rally Round II," states:

This will be a PEACEFUL protest in front of the Islamic Community Center in Phoenix AZ. This is in response to the recent attack in Texas where 2 armed terrorist, with ties to ISIS, attempted Jihad.

Everyone is encouraged to bring American Flags and any message that you would like to send to the known acquaintances of the 2 gunmen.

This Islamic Community Center is a known place that the 2 terrorist frequented. People are also encouraged to utilize there second amendment right at this event just incase our first amendment comes under the much anticipated attack.

The "2 gunmen" and "2 terrorist" reference appears to be about Elton Simpson and Nadir Soofi who drove to Garland, Texas, on May 3 and opened fire on a "Draw Muhammad" contest staged by anti-Islamic activist/blogger Pamela Geller.

According to the Bridge Initiative at Georgetown University, the cartoon contest will take place in a Denny's parking lot and the drawings will be delivered to the center (mosque) when Muslims are expected to arrive for a prayer service.

Usama Shami, president of the center, told 12 News that he is encouraging members to attend prayer services on Friday:

We're going to tell our members what we've told them before, not to engage them. They're not looking for an intellectual discussion. They're looking to stir up a controversy and we're not going to be a part of it.
    Last edited by Absinthe Anecdote; 05-29-2015 at 06:01 PM.
    All behold that fancy strutting peacock, the bake sale diva...

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LogDog View Post

I just thought of something. In my neck of the woods, there's a church on every other block. In fact, there intersections where there's a church on all four corners. Mostly Baptists churches. In particular, Southern Baptists and Free Will Baptists.

Now, people think Southern Baptists are bad... but let me tell you about those Free Will Baptist. Although I'm an atheist, most Protestants - at least according to the doctrines of their denomination - believe that I'm going to Heaven. Why? Because, when I was a Christian, I was "saved" and they believe that salvation is permanent and cannot be undone.

Now, personally, I could give two shits.

Free Will Baptists, on the other hand, do not believe this. They believe that salvation is undone when one stops believing. Again, in and of itself, I could give two shits... but... that belief DOES lead to other problems. In particular, the license for preachers to browbeat the fuck out of their congregation, preach fire and brimstone more than any other sect of Baptism, and more importantly... harass the fuck out of people not in their congregation.

All of that being said, we have those street corner preachers. Carrying signs and wearing sandwich boards that say shit like, "Ask me why you deserve to go to Hell."

And they're shouting at people, all this fire and brimstone... and, the other day, I pulled up to a corner where there was a guy like that. Of course, I couldn't help but flick that guy off and shout a bunch of blasphemous obscenities to him... but then I thought about that "Jesus Fucking Christ" meme I posted that the mods took down. I think I want to print out two nice big pictures of that meme, and put them on both sides of a posterboard. That way I've got a big sign to hold up the next time I see one of those street preachers. They're already pissed off as it is. I don't think it will take much of a nudge to send them over the edge.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    I just thought of something. In my neck of the woods, there's a church on every other block. In fact, there intersections where there's a church on all four corners. Mostly Baptists churches. In particular, Southern Baptists and Free Will Baptists.

Now, people think Southern Baptists are bad... but let me tell you about those Free Will Baptist. Although I'm an atheist, most Protestants - at least according to the doctrines of their denomination - believe that I'm going to Heaven. Why? Because, when I was a Christian, I was "saved" and they believe that salvation is permanent and cannot be undone.

Now, personally, I could give two shits.

Free Will Baptists, on the other hand, do not believe this. They believe that salvation is undone when one stops believing. Again, in and of itself, I could give two shits... but... that belief DOES lead to other problems. In particular, the license for preachers to browbeat the fuck out of their congregation, preach fire and brimstone more than any other sect of Baptism, and more importantly... harass the fuck out of people not in their congregation.

All of that being said, we have those street corner preachers. Carrying signs and wearing sandwich boards that say shit like, "Ask me why you deserve to go to Hell."

And they're shouting at people, all this fire and brimstone... and, the other day, I pulled up to a corner where there was a guy like that. Of course, I couldn't help but flick that guy off and shout a bunch of blasphemous obscenities to him... but then I thought about that "Jesus Fucking Christ" meme I posted that the mods took down. I think I want to print out two nice big pictures of that meme, and put them on both sides of a posterboard. That way I've got a big sign to hold up the next time I see one of those street preachers. They're already pissed off as it is. I don't think it will take much of a nudge to send them over the edge.
    That's a good idea, just don't start bad mouthing the Great Pumpkin.

I'm thinking about converting to Great Pumpkin worship.

Yes, I know the Great Pumpkin isn't real, but if I believe with the blind faith of a child, he will become real.

I'm talking super super super faith! You have to just believe really really hard and the Great Pumpkin will be real.

The only draw back of becoming a Great Pumpkin worshiper that I can see is that I'll have to declare war on places that sell pumpkin seeds as snacks.

That is roasting the unborn and it is an abomination in the hollow eyes of the Great Pumpkin.

Oddly enough, carving pumpkins to make jack-o-lanterns is seen as a form of tribute to the Great Pumpkin, but roasting pumpkin seeds is a big no-no.
    All behold that fancy strutting peacock, the bake sale diva...