Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Josh Duggar

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Just as to the point I made, you are justifying how this is different.

OJ
    Make it out to be a petty difference if you want to, but I don't know a single person that meets both criteria of believing that Michael Jackson is guilty AND defending him. Not saying I know for a fact that there are none out there, but Josh Duggar has tons of support from people who do meet both criteria in his case.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TJMAC77SP View Post
    Not to condone but I am sure everyone realizes that these offenses occurred when Duggar was 15 years old. Does that matter to anyone? Just curious.
    It doesn't matter to me. I can't find any articles that go into much detail on who the girls were; or their ages. All I can find is that there were five victims that ranged in age from 4 to 12; and that "some" of those victims were his sisters. It only stands to reason that some weren't his sisters.

If you had a four year old daughter that was getting fondled by a 15 year old boy; are you telling me that you'd write that off as a 15 year old being dumb and not knowing any better? Think back to when you were 15... would a 15 year old you not know better? If you were 15 and had a four year old sister, and a friend your age said he wanted to fondle her... what's going to be your first reaction? Are you going to invite him over your house Saturday morning while everyone else is asleep?

The point is this: a 15 year old knows better. If he didn't at 15, then why should anyone believe that he does now? And this is assuming that he didn't know better because... he did. After all, it's not like he committed these acts out in the open or told people he did it. No, he did these things in hopes that no one would find out.

The only way I might be able to cut him some slack is if his only victim was 12 year old non-relative he was 14 at the time; maybe he grabs a boob or a butt cheek, and she runs off and tells her parents. That's a situation where, if it was my daughter, I could simply tell the boy's parents to keep his son the fuck away from my daughter and as long as they do, they'll never see or hear from me again.

But a 14 or 15 boy fondling a four year old? Inexcusable.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    You can view a copy of the police report here: http://m.imgur.com/a/zqPMi

It wasn't a one-time incident.

I sure as hell wouldn't want this guy anywhere near my kids. Don't care if he did it when he was 15, his image is rightly tarnished.
    All behold that fancy strutting peacock, the bake sale diva...

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Not to condone but I am sure everyone realizes that these offenses occurred when Duggar was 15 years old. Does that matter to anyone? Just curious.
    Are you in favor of giving him a pass?

There are many things a person can do at 15 that will follow them for the rest of their life.

Sneaking into the bedroom of your step-sisters and rubbing their vaginas and breasts is something that will follow you forever.

Especially if you try to create a career as a reality TV show star. Something like that is going to be even more relevant if the name of TV show happens to be 19 Kids and Counting.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post

There are many things a person can do at 15 that will follow them for the rest of their life.

Sneaking into the bedroom of your step-sisters and rubbing their vaginas and breasts is something that will follow you forever.

Especially if you try to create a career as a reality TV show star. Something like that is going to be even more relevant if the name of TV show happens to be 19 Kids and Counting.
    I specifically stated at the beginning of my post that I wasn't condoning his actions so that answers your question.

Truthfully the only reference I could find regarding the ages of the victims was their being described as 'teens'. Not that fact would necessarily negate these charges but it certainly paints a different picture than with victims 4 years old. Given that then no, nothing can negate that. And no I wouldn't want this guy around anyone's children.

Having said that I do believe that just as his support is motivated by the religious status of those supporters I believe the condemnation is at least partially motivated by the anti-religious status of some. I find both equally disingenuous.

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I specifically stated at the beginning of my post that I wasn't condoning his actions so that answers your question.
    You weren't very clear about your position with that preface followed by offering the fact that he was 15.

It sounded as if you were providing a reason to be dismissive of his actions because of his age.

Truthfully the only reference I could find regarding the ages of the victims was their being described as 'teens'. Not that fact would necessarily negate these charges but it certainly paints a different picture than with victims 4 years old. Given that then no, nothing can negate that. And no I wouldn't want this guy around anyone's children.
    Go read the police report. That sounds like predatory behavior to me, and definitely not innocent teenage behavior.

He violated basic trust as a family member in a way that destroys every being trusted again.

Having said that I do believe that just as his support is motivated by the religious status of those supporters I believe the condemnation is at least partially motivated by the anti-religious status of some. I find both equally disingenuous.
    Call me a biased atheist all you want, but I don't like this guy.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Don't be so closed-minded Abs. We live in a multi-cultural society. You have to consider that Josh Dirt is probably just a product (victim) of his environment, in Arkansas, this sort of thing is not abnormal to the political power class of the NWO... . Note the complete media blackout of Bubba Clinton's 12 visits to Epstein's pedophile Island..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4utH5uWK6c
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 05-26-2015 at 03:29 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    You weren't very clear about your position with that preface followed by offering the fact that he was 15.

It sounded as if you were providing a reason to be dismissive of his actions because of his age.

Go read the police report. That sounds like predatory behavior to me, and definitely not innocent teenage behavior.

He violated basic trust as a family member in a way that destroys every being trusted again.

Call me a biased atheist all you want, but I don't like this guy.
    Well, you are a biased atheist but I do agree with what you are saying.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Holy shit! Look at this quote coming straight from one of Duggar's relatives: http://seewalds.com/grace-greater-than-our-sin/

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Seewald
    Many times it is simply lack of opportunity or fear of consequences that keep us from falling into grievous sin even though our fallen hearts would love to indulge the flesh. We should not be shocked that this occurred in the Duggar’s home, we should rather be thankful to God if we have been spared such, and pray that he would keep us and our children from falling.
    Wait a second... he's saying that everyone would molest a child, and that the only thing that keeps people from doing it is fear of the law or not being around children to begin with! Man...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    Holy shit! Look at this quote coming straight from one of Duggar's relatives: http://seewalds.com/grace-greater-than-our-sin/

Wait a second... he's saying that everyone would molest a child, and that the only thing that keeps people from doing it is fear of the law or not being around children to begin with! Man...
    Well, in the sense that molesting a child is one of many 'grievous sins' then you are correct. He also said 'many times' so, other than your obvious biased agenda at work (AA...........this is what I was referring to) then your statement is a little too universal.

I see nothing untoward in his statement and actually find it pretty on point and cogent.