Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This place is pretty much dead

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Welcome back Shrike. I am with you on the retirement attitude. I had to slog through the first ten years post-retirement in corporate America but now work for myself. Well, I do some work in my field for other agencies but I get to pick and choose and when their policies blow, I tell'm and pass. I will admit to being a little bored of late. Looking at some volunteer and pro bono work as well.

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TJMAC77SP View Post
    Welcome back Shrike. I am with you on the retirement attitude. I had to slog through the first ten years post-retirement in corporate America but now work for myself. Well, I do some work in my field for other agencies but I get to pick and choose and when their policies blow, I tell'm and pass. I will admit to being a little bored of late. Looking at some volunteer and pro bono work as well.
    Thanks, TJMAC! Volunteer work is good for the times when I feel I should be doing something that resembles work . As far as ACTUAL work, I just have to think back to my last few years of staff work before retirement, shudder, and think "Never again!" Then I light a cigar, pour a little whiskey, and smile.

So, you still calmly and rationally disputing JB's posts? Or has he gone and gotten himself perma-banned?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
    Thanks, TJMAC! Volunteer work is good for the times when I feel I should be doing something that resembles work . As far as ACTUAL work, I just have to think back to my last few years of staff work before retirement, shudder, and think "Never again!" Then I light a cigar, pour a little whiskey, and smile.

So, you still calmly and rationally disputing JB's posts? Or has he gone and gotten himself perma-banned?
    Unfortunately he got perma-banned. There is always someone to have 'discussions' with but I do admit I miss Joe.

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I stopped checking every day and now just check in every week or three now. I moved to reddit.com/r/airforce since its much more active. This place has been on a slow death for a long time and now we have way more subforums than new topics. Hell even the new format of Airforcetimes.com doesn't work on a government computer so I stopped reading the articles too.
    Quote Originally Posted by WeaponsTSGT View Post
    This is just a guess.....but I'd be willing to bet that you can't brief the rapeyness out of a person.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zxc View Post
    I moved to reddit.com/r/airforce
    Is that where all the AF hipsters hang out?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Is that where all the AF hipsters hang out?
    http://www.washingtonsblog.com/wp-co...014/02/Red.jpg

Fuck Reddit. Reddit is a leftist outlet for the deep state to collect and maintain a dossier on everything you think and then assign you with a DHS threat level risk assessment. Rainmaker'll be stickin with Mr. Gannett's (RIP) outfit. Nomsayin?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    http://www.washingtonsblog.com/wp-co...014/02/Red.jpg

Fuck Reddit. Reddit is a leftist outlet for the deep state to collect and maintain a dossier on everything you think and then assign you with a DHS threat level risk assessment. Rainmaker'll be stickin with Mr. Gannett's (RIP) outfit. Nomsayin?
    Just stay off my lawn.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I still check out the site once a week or so.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Mjölnir,

'Just stay off my lawn'

Finally, you have come to the realization that, indeed, a lawn is something to be treasured and protected!

I would suggest a Claymore anti-personnel device or two as a preventive measure!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    :: waves to the old dogs ::

It was just on a whim that I stumbled back in here. I gotta say - I just got tired of trying to have a realistic debate instead of a snark war. I miss the interaction sometimes, but not the ugliness. Besides - my online persona was becoming way too self-important.

Good to see you're relaxing, Shrike. As for me - I am retired, but still in the game as a civvy-type. Still in Germany too...The CCM Secret Politics Police never found me. :-)