Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Minimum wage

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Minimum wage

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/11/opinio...ate/index.html

Apparently, there are no single white males currently working for minimum wage. Just parents, women, and minorities.

The impact of the bolder proposal for America's workforce would be widely felt. According to recent estimates by the Economic Policy Institute, the new wage rate of $12 per hour will boost earnings for some 10 million parents, 21 million women and nearly 18 million workers of color.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/11/opinio...ate/index.html

Apparently, there are no single white males currently working for minimum wage. Just parents, women, and minorities.
    Well, what did you expect to read from a leftist? The Hillary/Barack/Al Sharpton camp want nothing more than to perpetuate the equality/sexist/racist myth.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FLAPS, USAF (ret) View Post
    Well, what did you expect to read from a leftist? The Hillary/Barack/Al Sharpton camp want nothing more than to perpetuate the equality/sexist/racist myth.
    I'm just happy that there aren't any white guys working shitty jobs. Our plan is working.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Just seems counterproductive to me. Do they realize that by posting stats like this they are alienating a very large portion of the voting population? Seems like it would make more sense to mention overall numbers (though I guess it's more important to keep up the kayfabe that all white men are rich).

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Just seems counterproductive to me. Do they realize that by posting stats like this they are alienating a very large portion of the voting population? Seems like it would make more sense to mention overall numbers (though I guess it's more important to keep up the kayfabe that all white men are rich).
    Who is they? CNN or the Economic Policy Institute?

Either way, why would either be concerned with alienating voters since neither is running for an office.

I'm single and white, and not the least bit offended by that citation. Why are you?

Why not ask CNN why they omitted the stats for single while males?

I expect that kind of commentary from garkhal and Rainmaker, but not you. Did you turn into a hypersensitive white victim in my absence?
    All behold that fancy strutting peacock, the bake sale diva...

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post

Either way, why would either be concerned with alienating voters since neither is running for an office.

I'm single and white, and not the least bit offended by that citation. Why are you?
    I'm not offended by it. I'm extremely happy that the white man is still able to keep the minorities in the low paying jobs while we sore to new heights with no concerns of earning a living wage.

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I'm not offended by it. I'm extremely happy that the white man is still able to keep the minorities in the low paying jobs while we sore to new heights with no concerns of earning a living wage.
    If your arms start hurting while you soar to new heights, try putting some Absorbine Junior on them. I'm sure that flapping hurts after a while.

Now off to the white BBQ thread that garkhal just started!

Quickly! You don't want to be late and miss out on all the fun.
    All behold that fancy strutting peacock, the bake sale diva...

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    If your arms start hurting while you soar to new heights, try putting some Absorbine Junior on them. I'm sure that flapping hurts after a while.

Now off to the white BBQ thread that garkhal just started!

Quickly! You don't want to be late and miss out on all the fun.
    Oh, dear...got me on the homophone error.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Why not ask CNN why they omitted the stats for single while males?

I expect that kind of commentary from garkhal and Rainmaker, but not you. Did you turn into a hypersensitive white victim in my absence?
    Maybe not offensive but curious choice of cherry picking which stats to highlight.

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself