Thread: Mjölnir

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mjölnir

I will be retiring the Stalwart account and only using my moderator account, mostly to avoid inadvertently writing something from one account that I meant to attribute to the other 'name' and to keep me from switching back and forth between browsers (I had been using IE for the user account and Chrome for the mod account.) I am now exclusively a Chrome fan.

Most of you know about me via my use of the Stalwart handle over the last few years, but I will reintroduce myself.

I have over 24 years on active duty:
    -12 in the USMC (infantry/reconnaissance) I left as a GySgt (E7) to attend Navy OCS, I was a LCpl and Cpl three times due to two different NJP's.
    -12+ in the Navy (currently a LCDR - O4) I am currently a Battle Captain on a 4-star staff and the XO for the Navy Element here.

I have 18 deployments over the course of my service: multiple tours in Afghanistan and Iraq, as well as two in Bosnia, one in Kosovo and one in Somalia -- all the good places to visit.

I have one undergrad degree in Strategic Intelligence & National Security Policy, one grad degree in Ancient & Classical History and another grad degree in Legislative Affairs.

I am married to a former Marine Sgt (going on 14 years), we have one daughter that we adopted from China last year.

I do moderate on two other forums -- one is a USMC Reconnaissance / Special Operations board and one is on Tolkien / Lord of the Rings (yeah ... diverse interests I guess.) I only have one account on those as well and on many other boards I frequent I don't see many that have separate moderator / user accounts for their moderators.

My grandparents were from Norway, I lived with them for several years as a kid. Some people get bedtime stories of Jack and the beanstalk, my grandfather told me stories from the Poetic Edda and the Codex Regius. My last name in Norwegian loosely translates to "hammer wielder" -- Mjölnir was the hammer of Thor in Norse mythology.
    Last edited by Mjölnir; 05-09-2015 at 05:27 AM.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    I will be retiring the Stalwart account and only using my moderator account, mostly to avoid inadvertently writing something from one account that I meant to attribute to the other 'name' and to keep me from switching back and forth between browsers (I had been using IE for the user account and Chrome for the mod account.) I am now exclusively a Chrome fan.

Most of you know about me via my use of the Stalwart handle over the last few years, but I will reintroduce myself.

-12 in the USMC (infantry/reconnaissance) I left as a GySgt (E7) to attend Navy OCS, I was a LCpl and Cpl three times due to two different NJP's.
    -12+ in the Navy (currently a LCDR - O4) I am currently a Battle Captain on a 4-star staff and the XO for the Navy Element here.

I have 18 deployments over the course of my service: multiple tours in Afghanistan and Iraq, as well as two in Bosnia, one in Kosovo and one in Somalia -- all the good places to visit.

I have one undergrad degree in Strategic Intelligence & National Security Policy, one grad degree in Ancient & Classical History and another grad degree in Legislative Affairs.

I am married to a former Marine Sgt (going on 14 years), we have one daughter that we adopted from China last year.

I do moderate on two other forums -- one is a USMC Reconnaissance / Special Operations board and one is on Tolkien / Lord of the Rings (yeah ... diverse interests I guess.) I only have one account on those as well and on many other boards I frequent I don't see many that have separate moderator / user accounts for their moderators.

My grandparents were from Norway, I lived with them for several years as a kid. Some people get bedtime stories of Jack and the beanstalk, my grandfather told me stories from the Poetic Edda and the Codex Regius. My last name in Norwegian loosely translates to "hammer wielder" -- Mjölnir was the hammer of Thor in Norse mythology.
    Good move. If everyone else can only post with one user name, it seems like the right thing to do. That way there's no confusion.

Also, that way I don't have 4 "post quotes" show up in "deleted posts" because you realized you were under the wrong account after you posted a message.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Also, that way I don't have 4 "post quotes" show up in "deleted posts" because you realized you were under the wrong account after you posted a message.
    You are being generous ... 4 is a pretty low ball number on that.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post

Hmmmm...I had no idea. I figured on mjolinir as a 20-something
    The Voice of Reason

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bos Mutus View Post
    Hmmmm...I had no idea. I figured on mjolinir as a 20-something
    It must be my youthful good looks.