Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why libs think we are nuts

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Why libs think we are nuts

The far right is out of control. The number of videos, articles, and news reports I'm seeing about the military exercises taking place in Texas right now are just out of control.

For anyone unfamiliar, the Texas National Guard is "keeping an eye" on the special forces exercises currently taking place. Apparently, many are calling these exercises "Obama's Martial Law" exercises as it seems he is preparing to attack Texas. There are even some prominent politicians on the right who, while not stating that they think anything is in the works, aren't ruling it out.

Sometimes I just want to bury my head in the sand.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    The far right is out of control. The number of videos, articles, and news reports I'm seeing about the military exercises taking place in Texas right now are just out of control.

For anyone unfamiliar, the Texas National Guard is "keeping an eye" on the special forces exercises currently taking place. Apparently, many are calling these exercises "Obama's Martial Law" exercises as it seems he is preparing to attack Texas. There are even some prominent politicians on the right who, while not stating that they think anything is in the works, aren't ruling it out.

This is so stupid. Last time I checked, Texas is already part of the US... so what would be the point of invading it? I saw that even Chuck Norris believes this crap. Now what I'd like to know is... what in the fuck does the Texas National Guard think they're going to do to active duty SpecOps groups?
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    This is so stupid. Last time I checked, Texas is already part of the US... so what would be the point of invading it? I saw that even Chuck Norris believes this crap. Now what I'd like to know is... what in the fuck does the Texas National Guard think they're going to do to active duty SpecOps groups?
    Don't know, man. Living in Texas, I have quite a few Texans who are "friends" on my page and I've probably seen 6 or 7 different shared videos of the "invasion" prep. How can people believe this shit?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Crazy has no political affiliation.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield ... is between your ears.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    Crazy is a political affiliation.
    Fixed that for ya.
    Efficiency through redundancy is a contradiction in terms.

Attrition is not an effective means of combat.

“The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don’t just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and riffle their pockets for new vocabulary.” – James Nicoll

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

I had to laugh at all of this...wasn't there a movie something like this with John Candy thinking Canada was going to invade?

..and it's not so much that there are a few whackos out there that dream this shit up, but then legitimate polticians jump on board...

...but, yes, this is why libs think the right is nuts
    The Voice of Reason

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Sounds crazy. That said, how do you KNOW their concerns are unwarranted?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FLAPS, USAF (ret) View Post
    Sounds crazy. That said, how do you KNOW their concerns are unwarranted?
    Because I'm not a fucking idiot. Because they are doing exercises in more places than just Texas. Because when I first joined, in 1993, we were convoying across states to set up camps during exercises.

Other than that I have no evidence that their concerns are unwarranted, any more than I have evidence that the concerns people have of being anally probed by aliens is unwarranted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    Maybe someone finally figured out that all those ISIS boys/training camps aren't actually in Mexico. Hey Chuck, the US Special Forces are only a threat to all them "ISIS" affiliated Texans.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Or maybe they HAVE figured out those camps in Mexico are ISIS camps and are training to go in!